METV Visa application question

I have two things I'm unclear about from the info on the website, wanted to clear them up before I submitted my stuff this coming week.

1. Employment verification. I read a thread from 2016 that said the LA consulate in USA does require it, but others don't maybe? My employer does not know I am quitting my job to go to Thailand, asking for a letter would be a little weird. Could I potentially just mail my application to the DC consulate? Even though I am closest to LA one.

2. "Copy of airline tickets (e-tickets or itinerary showing confirmed flights) - tickets should show multiple entries". Am I really supposed to have plane tickets showing my multiple entries? They don't exist, not sure if I need to buy some for the verification and then refund, but that would be pretty annoying.

Any advice appreciated.

1. The embassy in DC has the same requirement "8. A letter proof of employment ( **we don’t accept pay stubs**)".

I have read report that the LA consulate does not always insist upon the employment letter. I suggest you contact them about it.

2. They only want one ticket to here and one out of the country at LA.

1 copy of airline ticket (confirmed onward ticket – showing flights into and out of Thailand. Either paper ticket or confirmed e-ticket is acceptable. Itinerary is NOT accepted. 

Source: http://www.thaiconsulatela.org/service_visa_detail.aspx?link_id=32

10 hours ago, emosborn said:

The one ticket in and out of the country part is what it says under single entry, but down under METV it says the multiple tickets thing, no? I will call about the employment verification thing.

It seems my mouse pointer got on the wrong thing.

In reality they only ask for the same tickets for the multiple entry visa according to reports I have seen. The statement "tickets should show multiple entries" is a little odd IMO.