11 Myanmar workers injured after truck flips in Kamphaeng Phet

webfact

11 Myanmar workers injured after truck flips in Kamphaeng Phet
By The Nation

7998b71e4d0860ebe9f49740dc75a864.jpeg

KAMPHAENG PHET: -- A six-wheel truck transporting 45 Myanmar workers from Samut Sakhon province to Tak’s Mae Sot district drove into a road ditch in Kamphaeng Phet and overturned early Monday morning, slightly injuring 11 workers, police said.

The accident happened at about 6am in Ban Pruek Makood village in tambon Klong Kloong of Kamphaeng Phet’s Klong Kloong district.

Police said the truck drove into the ditch in the middle of the road and the injured workers were sent to Klongkloong district to receive treatment. 

The 34 remaining workers waited at the scene of the accident. 

They were later transported to Klong Kloong Police Station to wait for another bus to deliver them to Mae Sot.

Paithoon Kerdyoo 26, the truck’s driver, said he was part of 20 trucks hired by the Samut Sakhon immigration office to deliver Myanmar workers, who did not have proper documents, to the border checkpoint in Mae Sot so that they could get proper documentation.

Paithoon said he left Samut Sakhon at 10.30pm on Sunday and the accident occurred after he fell asleep at the wheel.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30319740

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-03

"...the truck’s driver, said he was part of 20 trucks hired by the Samut Sakhon immigration office to deliver Myanmar workers, ..."

It is quite clear to me that the S.S,Immigration Office regards these workers as no more than cattle or pigs.Why was a bus not used in the first place where they could have been sitting down. 45 in the back of a 6 wheeler is a bit of a squeeze IMHO.

I can't help but feel sorry for these poor people the way they are treated here.

Sounds like this Immigration Office's remit extends to supplying immigrant workers.
I should imagine that is a good earner. I wonder if it will be affected by the latest crackdown?

6 minutes ago, JAG said:

Sounds like this Immigration Office's remit extends to supplying immigrant workers.
I should imagine that is a good earner. I wonder if it will be affected by the latest crackdown?

" Paithoon Kerdyoo 26, the truck’s driver, said he was part of 20 trucks hired by the Samut Sakhon immigration office to deliver Myanmar workers, who did not have proper documents, to the border checkpoint in Mae Sot so that they could get proper documentation. "

9 minutes ago, Ron19 said:

" Paithoon Kerdyoo 26, the truck’s driver, said he was part of 20 trucks hired by the Samut Sakhon immigration office to deliver Myanmar workers, who did not have proper documents, to the border checkpoint in Mae Sot so that they could get proper documentation. "

The question of the price of the ticket to squat in a truck remains. Someone has to pay for the hire of the truck (plus ticket sellers fee).

I must have missed the news that said its ok to drive 45 people in a truck. I thought it was banned or maybe that was just the basic pick ups,but i still see it daily. Did he use 44 again?

Edited by quadperfect

these workers build all the condos here in Hua Hin.

I see them standing up packed into the back of military style "troop trucks" with no space between them.

they were working on a condo not far from a bar where I was drinking a glass of soda water in the late afternoon while talking to a beautiful Thai woman.

The truck stop right in front of the bar for about 20 seconds and we all looked at each other. It really makes you feel for these workers who build everything here.

Anyway the awkward moment was over, and I went back to be exploited by a rice farmers daughter.  

Edited by NCC1701A

I like the casual way it's reported: 'Paithoon said he left Samut Sakhon at 10.30pm on Sunday and the accident occurred after he fell asleep at the wheel.' just as if he was tucked up in his bed......That's OK then, he just fell asleep!

Andrew

My wrong - I took it from the preceeding post rather than the OP.

I blame "Ratcatcher" myself!
:):)

6 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

these workers build all the condos here in Hua Hin.

I see them standing up packed into the back of military style "troop trucks" with no space between them.

they were working on a condo not far from a bar where I was drinking a glass of soda water in the late afternoon while talking to a beautiful Thai woman.

The truck stop right in front of the bar for about 20 seconds and we all looked at each other. It really makes you feel for these workers who build everything here.

Anyway the awkward moment was over, and I went back to be exploited by a rice farmers daughter.  

Good post less of the soda water next time thank you, the time of day is irrelevant

2 hours ago, oldlakey said:

Good post less of the soda water next time thank you, the time of day is irrelevant

thanks for the "good post" comment but actually I was drinking a glass of soda water while they were standing packed like sardines in the back of a truck in the blazing heat, which is sort of the whole point of the story. and the time is not irrelevant as it helps set the scene.

7 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

thanks for the "good post" comment but actually I was drinking a glass of soda water while they were standing packed like sardines in the back of a truck in the blazing heat, which is sort of the whole point of the story. and the time is not irrelevant as it helps set the scene.

Quite, things are what they are, my post was not meant to be taken at all seriously, but nevermind

Wood have thought Thais would have learned th dangers of Imegrants.They let the Chins in to dig Clongs cause they were cheap labour. Now they own n run the Kingdom.Same as happening in Europe.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect