1day Visa Run. Is it frowned upon?

I'm thinking about flying to Malaysia and returning back to Thailand the same day. I'm curious if Thai immigration looks at this negatively. 

A small detail is my visa visa expires next week. So I'm doing this to get an extra 90 days on my ED multiple entry visa

No problem flying there and back the same day.  I did a 20 minute border run on Saturday.  Stamped out of Thailand walked across the border to Myanmar (stamped in and out) and then walked back to Thailand.  The whole process took 20 minutes.

3 minutes ago, hathairat2711 said:

No problem whatsoever.

Same day round trip to KL to activate your next 90 days.

Awesome thanks. Maybe you could help with another question I have.

after I activate my next 90 days my Multiple Entry Visa will expire. Would I still be able to travel in and out of Thailand until the end of my 90 days?

3 minutes ago, haja5 said:

Awesome thanks. Maybe you could help with another question I have.

after I activate my next 90 days my Multiple Entry Visa will expire. Would I still be able to travel in and out of Thailand until the end of my 90 days?

You can get a single re-entry permit that will keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid when you return form your trip.

52 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Does one have to pay something in these visa runs when re entering Thailand?...I mean officially?

No. As mentioned above, if you need to keep your existing permission to stay valid when leaving and returning to Thailand, you must get a reentry permit before leaving (1,000 baht single reentry permit or 3,800 baht for a multiple reentry permit). There is nothing to be paid when you come back to Thailand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

No. As mentioned above, if you need to keep your existing permission to stay valid when leaving and returning to Thailand, you must get a reentry permit before leaving (1,000 baht single reentry permit or 3,800 baht for a multiple reentry permit). There is nothing to be paid when you come back to Thailand.

ok thanks, good to know.

13 hours ago, kanook said:

No problem flying there and back the same day.  I did a 20 minute border run on Saturday.  Stamped out of Thailand walked across the border to Myanmar (stamped in and out) and then walked back to Thailand.  The whole process took 20 minutes.

What border crossing was that please?