Desperately in need of advice - Ref : Dogs!

marrmrrs

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:34 PM, Luuk Krueng said:

I didn't agree because I'm a buddhist and don't want to harm any creatures. But all my neighbors agreed that this dog is dangerous and shouldn't be roaming around our streets. So I build something like a snake catcher stick from pvc and a rope and caught the dog by my self. I put it in a cage and load it on my truck. I brought the dog far away to a farmers house and the people there took care about it since that day. No they didn't kill him. This dog now is protecting their property against snakes, rats and other dogs. And because miles around is nobody this dog can't hurt anyone anymore and his new owners seems to love him.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Aren't Buddhist beliefs something about preventing or reducing suffering....? I think you just moved the suffering and problem to another location away form you without thought to other peoples suffering.

Also if you don't like to harm any creatures, what are you feeding your dogs, vegetables? 

Aren't Buddhist beliefs something about preventing or reducing suffering....? I think you just moved the suffering and problem to another location away form you without thought to other peoples suffering.

Also if you don't like to harm any creatures, what are you feeding your dogs, vegetables? 

The way how you designed your questions let me believe that you are aiming on mistakes. It feels like there is some unsatisfactory moving you. Just read my post slowly again and you will find an answer for your first question.

What my dogs eat? Well my dogs eat what they suppose to eat. Meat. They eat all forms of meat either raw or cooked. Besides of what I acquire from the butcher my dogs love to eat what they have caught in the first place such as birds, rats, squirrels and sometimes rabbits. Anything what they hunt and show me I will proceed for them.

2 hours ago, Luuk Krueng said:

The way how you designed your questions let me believe that you are aiming on mistakes. It feels like there is some unsatisfactory moving you. Just read my post slowly again and you will find an answer for your first question.

What my dogs eat? Well my dogs eat what they suppose to eat. Meat. They eat all forms of meat either raw or cooked. Besides of what I acquire from the butcher my dogs love to eat what they have caught in the first place such as birds, rats, squirrels and sometimes rabbits. Anything what they hunt and show me I will proceed for them.

So you don't mind harming animals... so long as other people harm them for you? 

I would have thought not eating animals would be a better way to stop harming them, and not letting your pet dogs kill wildlife. 

My dogs were taught not to kill animals.   

So you don't mind harming animals... so long as other people harm them for you? 

I would have thought not eating animals would be a better way to stop harming them, and not letting your pet dogs kill wildlife. 

My dogs were taught not to kill animals.   

Okay I'm not sure if it's me who don't get you right or vice versa.

I solved a problem with a stray dog in our neighborhood by catching it and bringing it to a farmers family where this dog now is treated with love - instead of killing it by my self or let somebody feed him some poison.

1. Which part of it inherit letting other people do harm to the dog?

2. Do you believe it's a good thing to break the natural behavior of a dog and force it to eat anything else than what the dog would eat without you?

We just had an issue with the neighbours dog attacking our dog. I chased after their dog with my big long stick in front of the owner who didnt seem to give a shit. 

The next day the wife and I rang on their bell and spoke to her. We gave her 2 dog chains and told her to chain them up before opening the gate. She said she would try. 1 of the chains is from our house and has my dogs DNA all over it. Its going to annoy the shit out of one of the dogs everytime its put on. The other chain is brand new. Hopefully the problem is solved otherwise we might have to pay the police to warn her. The 2 dogs are quite vicious. My fury friend can hold his own one on one. But not 2 on 1

I disagree davidst01.
Dogs are extremely territorial. You're the one walking it through another's turf. What do you expect it to do, smile?
Thai's allow the dogs to establish their own territory and for the most part this works, although it can be extremely painful watching a dog being absolutely dominated by another, especially when it's your dog. Just remember, dogs don't care where they are in the pecking order, they just want to know where they are in the pecking order.
If you want to better understand dog behavior try volunteering at one of the foundations like Care for Dogs. I found it a real eye opener, including one ugly mutt that would have to be carried through other dogs territories when on walks. A real character, refused to budge. I'd like to have kept that one.
The alternative is the fenced in, chained, barking, fearful, neurotic mutts back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The question is: the "village".

Is it a private area with security guards and managed by a juristic office? Then you have to complain there. 

I know from one village, where the management categorically got rid of stray dogs. 

Is "the village" actually a public area with public roads, you could complain at city hall. 

The question is: the "village".
Is it a private area with security guards and managed by a juristic office? Then you have to complain there. 
I know from one village, where the management categorically got rid of stray dogs. 

Is "the village" actually a public area with public roads, you could complain at city hall. 

Good point.

Take the complaint to the village headman. There where six roosters crowing at five in the morning.

Now there's none.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎04‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 9:54 AM, champers said:

I don't think being bitten by a dog is preceded by a stand-off like 2 cowboys having a gunfight in the Wild West. They run at you (likely from behind), bite and run away before they are hit back.

in the context of the messages preceding this one, about being the Alpha, eye contact, etc...i laughed

Edited by Darkkakashi