Vip Bus To Poipet From Soi 12

Hi Udon,

Went with this company last month FANTASTIC!

The bus is the Full Monty, a double decker with relining seats, DVD playing and blankets provided for sleeping.

Get to soi 12 abiut 6.45am, they give you drinks and sandwiches, do all your paperwork.

When you get to Cambodia, they take you through, you then get a voucher for lunch at the hotel (Can't remember the name) it is an international buffet, eat and drink as much as you want.

Go back through the thai boarder, back on the coach and home about 5pm.

Very comfy and the staff are fab!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys,

My 30 days visa is going to get expired REAL REAL SOON, this Friday. So Angie, would you please give me the contact details for the visa run service that udon and everyone has been talking about? I called visabus.com but the guys who answered the phone said that the service is not yet available, so I wonder which visa run service from soi 12 that you guys are mentioning about. Please let me know asap.

Thank you.

You can also try 'Fineday Service Co'.

Mainly targeting Japanese and Korean visitors.

Leaving from Soi 21 - Asoke at 06.45. (check the time...)

Double deck bus with good seats with great pitch.

Breakfast, drinks on the bus, guide for Thai immigration, processing of Cambodian visa, lunch buffet at hotel, guide service to Thai border etc.

Well taken care of for a total of THB 2000. They advertise now daily in the Bangkok Post.

02-641 6090 (Thai and English)

01-621 7598 , 01-830 0457 (Thai and English)

Used them once myself and was satisfied with the service. Was back at Asoke before 4 PM.

Guys,

My 30 days visa is going to get expired REAL REAL SOON, this Friday. So Angie, would you please give me the contact details for the visa run service that udon and everyone has been talking about? I called visabus.com but the guys who answered the phone said that the service is not yet available, so I wonder which visa run service from soi 12 that you guys are mentioning about. Please let me know asap.

Thank you.

Visa Trip from Soi 12

Hello Elysium and the rest,

Thanx alot for your info Elysium. As you said in the post, Fineday Service Co mainly targets Korean and Jap visitors... so I don't know how it would feel for a foreigner to be in the group, i expect there are going to be a lot of Japs and Koreans... I just wonder if they will accept foreigners at all...

I know I could do all this by myself, but I have to admit that I hate to FACE the Cambodian Immigration Officers. They gave me all the hassle, like asking me to pay ridiculously 5 usd for all the craps that they made up, plus they dont even know how to smile. So I think it would be nice for me to have my lunch while the guys @ visa run service get for me the Cam visa :o.

I'll try to contact Fineday Service today. Thanks a lot for everything guys.

No hassle from the eastern peolple on the bus. Since I was the only 'white' guy they thought it was funny and got all courtesy from the guide. (I had a rough nite before and needed some rest..)

They do all the Cambodian visa formalities for you. After clearing out of Thailand you hand them your passport and you enjoy your lunch. When they are ready procesing they pick you up again and hand you your passport with Cambodian visa and entry and exit stamp to you. They even fill out the Thai immigration card for you, just sign.

Have only had to make 1 visa trip and used Fineday. Might use it in the future again..

Angie,

Yea I got all the necessary info from these very helpful people in the forum. When you start your own Visa Run Service let me know hehe I'll be your first supporter :o.

Anyway, this is going to be my 4th Visa Run to Poipet..... I hope everything is going to be ok.

Thanx again for your help guys <everyone>

sodown and splitlid,

Thanks for the replies.

The last post advertising the new service next month has been removed, obviously someone didn't like it. :o

THought this was an expat forum and about Thailand. :D

Oh well, TIT

angie

sodown and splitlid,

Thanks for the replies.

The last post advertising the new service next month has been removed, obviously someone didn't like it. :o

THought this was an expat forum and about Thailand. :D

Oh well, TIT

angie

Angie, i think it was removed because it broke the forum rules..about advertising..

nothing personal i feel.

:D

sodown

'Twas I you spoke to.

As I said on the phone, we are awaiting finance to do the job right and not go off half-cocked which would be a disaster.

Thanks for your interest and to others who have called and written.

udon :o

Udon, Angie and everyone.

As soon as you guys have the bus to do the Visa Run thing, I'll be your supporter. Perhaps changing to different company every month, like Udon for the first month, then Angie, then whoever else ... :D:D

Ok, I have not gone to PoiPet yet. I couldn't connect with Fineday so I just called Jack Golf instead. Friday is the last day where my 30 days tourist visa gets expired so I will go with Jack's Golf tomorrow. This is the first time I'm using this kind of service. Hopefully it's going to be a blessing day.

Take care guys,

P.S: I'm still kinda scared about the "running in and out" of Thailand all the times to get my visa extended. As far as I know, no people on this forum has any problem so far.. I hope I would experience the same thing :o

You will be ok with Jack golf, just don't be late.

0645 means just that, they cannot wait for slackers as the traffic is bad at 0700 anywhere on Sukh. When that coach stops get aboard fast :D

Don't forget a passport/visa photo.

Enjoy the trip. :D:o

When I was at a Cambodian border I was asked to produce 1200 Baht for a visa on arrival. Since I know the price is just 20 US (about 800 Baht) I asked the immigration officer if I can pay in dollars next time. The answer was no. I am now wondering if this is the norm and if I therefore always have to apply at the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok in order to avoid getting cheated at the border in the future? After all, it is a steep 50% increase of the fee if you apply for a visa on arrival.

Also, I have heard many different stories regarding the amount you have to pay if you just want to stamp your passport at the border. The Cambodians are demanding everything from 100 to 300 baht. Is it possible to just pay 100 baht? I have tried, and they always say that I have to pay 300. I'm almost certain that the operator of "The Visa Shop" in Pattaya told us that it's just 100, and that he would take care of that matter. (I have done the trip by myself after that first time I was travelling with them.)

Speaking of organised visa tours, anyone have a clue about the amount these guys have to pay for the Cambodian visa? Certainly I cannot be 1200 per visa, when you think about the total cost for the trip (2000 baht incl. everything). The profit cannot be rather big in that case, can it? Just curious... maybe they have a special deal (i.e. paying the actual price of equivalent 20 US). I just don't like to get cheated by several hundred bahts just because I'm not travelling with an organised tour. First they charge me more for the visa and I also cannot pay in dollars. After that, I get cheated when I have to pay the "unofficial fee". I would accept 100 baht, but I think 300 is far too much.

Lop.

just put 1100b in your passport and hand it over on completion of the visa form (at Poipet).

I confronted the Police about their rip off and they hate to be called "corrupt"

They just backed down very quickly, it helps to tell them you have been doing visa runs for a number of years.

By all means get your 800b visa at the embassy in BKK and just pay the Police 100b inside yr passport on departure without speaking to them.

Don't take any &lt;deleted&gt; from these guys!

The 1000b is illegal but there is fock'all you can do about it except buy yr visa in BKK, that pisses them off at Poipet :D:o and there is nothing they can do about it.

You will be ok with Jack golf, just don't be late.

0645 means just that, they cannot wait for slackers as the traffic is bad at 0700 anywhere on Sukh. When that coach stops get aboard fast :D

Don't forget a passport/visa photo.

Enjoy the trip. :D:o

That Soi 12 service is outstanding. Why would anyone use another?

When I was at a Cambodian border I was asked to produce 1200 Baht for a visa on arrival. Since I know the price is just 20 US (about 800 Baht) I asked the immigration officer if I can pay in dollars next time. The answer was no. I am now wondering if this is the norm and if I therefore always have to apply at the Cambodian embassy in Bangkok in order to avoid getting cheated at the border in the future? After all, it is a steep 50% increase of the fee if you apply for a visa on arrival.

Also, I have heard many different stories regarding the amount you have to pay if you just want to stamp your passport at the border. The Cambodians are demanding everything from 100 to 300 baht. Is it possible to just pay 100 baht? I have tried, and they always say that I have to pay 300. I'm almost certain that the operator of "The Visa Shop" in Pattaya told us that it's just 100, and that he would take care of that matter. (I have done the trip by myself after that first time I was travelling with them.)

Speaking of organised visa tours, anyone have a clue about the amount these guys have to pay for the Cambodian visa? Certainly I cannot be 1200 per visa, when you think about the total cost for the trip (2000 baht incl. everything). The profit cannot be rather big in that case, can it? Just curious... maybe they have a special deal (i.e. paying the actual price of equivalent 20 US). I just don't like to get cheated by several hundred bahts just because I'm not travelling with an organised tour. First they charge me more for the visa and I also cannot pay in dollars. After that, I get cheated when I have to pay the "unofficial fee". I would accept 100 baht, but I think 300 is far too much.

As far as I know, $20 is out of the question at Cambo land crossings. You should go to embassy and get visa or fly if you want to pay 20 bucks. 1000 baht is what they charge. of course you are farang so they try and rip you. I would refuse any fee above 1000 baht. they are criminals