Help please!~ Renewal of visa extension based on retirement

Sorry to ask what must be a frequent question here.

What are the documents currently required to extend the one year visa based on retirement? 

I have already extended once in July 2016.

My current visa extension expires on 19th July. Is there any advantage/ disadvantage in renewing before 18th?

Thanks for any and all useful info. Great forum!

Orientfan you cannot extend a VISA you have an extension of your permission to stay based on retirement 

more commonly known as a retirement extension, it is not a visa, and you will need the same documents

you needed for your original extension in July 16.

If this is your second extension then your original VISA probably expired a long time ago.

This may be helpful for your renewal?

Edited by phuketjock
addition
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, orientfan said:

Thank you for your help. The financial option I am using is the B800,000 deposit

The 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

You will need a letter from the bank and copies of your bank book showing the the money has been in the bank for 3 months.

I don't think you will need but about half of the documents on that list for Phuket at your office.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply.

You will need a letter from the bank and copies of your bank book showing the the money has been in the bank for 3 months.

I don't think you will need but about half of the documents on that list for Phuket at your office.

Joe apart from the letter from the embassy/consulate and possibly the pic in front of accommodation

what else does he not require?  

8 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Joe apart from the letter from the embassy/consulate and possibly the pic in front of accommodation

what else does he not require?  

A bank statement is not needed at all offices. Just copies of the bank book.

All the extension copies shown.

4 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

The basic list is still valid is it not Joe?

Perhaps for Phuket.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A bank statement is not needed at all offices. Just copies of the bank book.

All the extension copies shown.

To be fair I did not need these -- but I do know that come are required to provide these items. I do not know why! 

• Like 1

Can I take the opportunity to ask about the alternative income method?

I have my first-ever extension on the basis of retirement coming up in October (at Kap Choeng). For proof of income I'm planning to have (1) copies of both Oz superannuation income and superannuation & other investments, and (2) Oz Embassy letter & stat dec re my income. Is that sufficient?

If they want bank statement or copy of BKK Bank book, that could be a problem because I don't always transfer funds by bank transfer to my BKK Bank account. [It's cheaper to do an atm withdrawal from my Oz Citibank account using a fee-free card, particularly when I'm in BKK & can use the Citibank atms there.]

1 minute ago, perthperson said:

1) Should be available but only presented if requested.

2) Required and should demonstrate an income equal to or exceeding 65,000 Bht/month.

Fine, so I take it that bank book is not needed with the income method?

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Can I take the opportunity to ask about the alternative income method?

I have my first-ever extension on the basis of retirement coming up in October (at Kap Choeng). For proof of income I'm planning to have (1) copies of both Oz superannuation income and superannuation & other investments, and (2) Oz Embassy letter & stat dec re my income. Is that sufficient?

If they want bank statement or copy of BKK Bank book, that could be a problem because I don't always transfer funds by bank transfer to my BKK Bank account. [It's cheaper to do an atm withdrawal from my Oz Citibank account using a fee-free card, particularly when I'm in BKK & can use the Citibank atms there.]

You don't need both at CM Immigration. An official letter certifying your gross income from your embassy is all you need but as others have said : each office interprets the rules independently so documentation requirements vary. Also at CM they like to see the tear off slip from the TM30 which shows you've got your place of residence recorded in their system. It also needs signing and dating every time you re-enter Thailand if you leave the country at all.

At CW last year, they forced me to make a transaction (e.g., withdraw 100 baht) on the account where I have the 800K on the day that I was applying for the extension based on retirement.  (A transaction made the day before, apparently, did not count.)   On the other hand, the "statement of account" letter from the bank was dated the day before, and that was accepted.  This year, they accepted the bank letter dated the day before, but I made a transaction at the bank branch at CW on the day of my application, just before getting my queue number, just to be sure.  It worked (again).

May I suggest, that if you have already completed one extension of stay and did not keep copies of what you had taken there to complete the process, then do so on this occasion.  The members are good enough to help but one would have thought that a little common sense would see you make copies, then when you are required to renew again, it will save you the angst of not knowing and having to go on line in order to find out what you should already know.  :sorry:  It is really that simple.:wai:

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, keeniau96 said:

On June 21 at Phuket Immigration did not need house photo nor map. Did not need such in my 12 previous 1-yr extensions nor this time.

So another "luck of the draw" experience at Phuket Immi.

TIT.

Korat immigration also want to see proof of address, i.e. copy of blue book (Tabian Ban) and copy of ID card of the house owner (wife?), or rental agreement if applicable.

Edited by billrose

• 1 month later...

I would like some guidance in the timing for my yearly renewal of my retirement extension viz. my current 90 day report.

1. My Retirement extension of stay (based upon my Type O Non-Immigrant visa) permitted up to Tuesday 28 November 2017.

2. My 90 report “notice of address” is currently valid through Wednesday 1 November 2017 at Khon Kaen.

Should I just do the renewal of my extension on November 1, the same day I do a 90 day report? Are they separate transactions or will they be handled together?

Thank you.

Edited by avvocato
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, avvocato said:

I would like some guidance in the timing for my yearly renewal of my retirement extension viz. my current 90 day report.

1. My Retirement extension of stay (based upon my Type O Non-Immigrant visa) permitted up to Tuesday 28 November 2017.

2. My 90 report “notice of address” is currently valid through Wednesday 1 November 2017 at Khon Kaen.

Should I just do the renewal of my extension on November 1, the same day I do a 90 day report? Are they separate transactions or will they be handled together?

Thank you.

You could do your extension application and the 90 day report on the same day the report is due. 

Not sure how it is set up Khoen Kaen immigration but you may be able to hand both of them to the same officer at the same time.

18 minutes ago, avvocato said:

Thank you.

You will require all the same docs you needed for your last extension of your permission to stay on the grounds of retirement

your original non 0 no longer is valid and has nothing to do with any extension any more.

You can if you wish do your renewal early on the 1st Nov. with your 90 day or you can do it anytime up to 30 days before the

28th, or you can do your 90 day when due and your extension when due, they are not connected. 

Edited by phuketjock