topping up thai sim cards online/overseas with non thai bank a/cs

Howitzer

Regular visitor to LOS as a tourist. When i go to thailand i do the 7-11 top up to extend my sim cards. Previously they allowed non thai banks to do top up of their sims online but i think a few yrs back the 3 phone companies stopped doing it and u either had to ask a friend in thailand to help you do it or find a 3rd party website to do it and they always charge super high service charges on top of poor exchange rates in USD currency and i am not a US citizen either in addition to say a high minimum of 100 bht.

Question is do they allow non thai bank a/cs to top up sims or is there another new 3rd party site around to do it.

I just had the same issue with a post-paid AIS account:  They will not accept a non-Thai credit card either via their app or web site.

If you have a Thai bank account with online banking, you can pay that way.  If you're overseas that can be tricky to set up if you don't have global roaming on your Thai mobile account as you need to receive OTPs via SMS that are sent to your Thai mobile phone number.

On 13/07/2017 at 2:04 AM, JamJar said:

When not just buy a handful of top up cards from 7/11 or Family Mart before you leave?

you need to register your sims and i'm not sure if 7-11 can register for you sometimes they can sometimes they cannot and also i want to keep my number

Does this site work? https://mobiletopup.com/?l=en

Obviously the best option is to do twelve individual/separate 30 day top-ups at a Boon Term machine (10 baht top-up costs 12 baht so 120 baht credit, for 144 baht and 360 days expiry) before you leave, or ask someone in Thailand to top-up for you. I top up many cards for friends, every 30 days, this also addresses the requirement for activity in any 90 day period, which some providers may enforce to recycle the number.

13 hours ago, Howitzer said:

I think JamJar means just buy a bunch of small amount top up vouchers when you are here and take them OS with you.

When you need to, just top them up via USSD  (eg for AIS, *121*<voucher top up number># )

Easy.  Nothing to do with registration of the sim

6 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

I think JamJar means just buy a bunch of small amount top up vouchers when you are here and take them OS with you.

When you need to, just top them up via USSD  (eg for AIS, *121*<voucher top up number># )

Easy.  Nothing to do with registration of the sim

That is exactly right. Though the sequence would be *120*<voucher top up number># 

Of course you will need to have coverage in that country and remember to have data roaming switched off.

You can also utilise: https://eservice.ais.co.th/eServiceWeb/  It will send a txt msg to the SIM which will act as a password. From there you can add the voucher code/check balance etc