True TV receiver not cooling off when off

likewise

Hi,

Was wondering when we turn the receiver off, isn't it supposed to cool down as a pc or any other equipment does in the off position ?

I just noticed this, turned it off last night still it is as hot as when it is on ?! Just unplugged the thing, it probably keeps on taking electricity as well when this is running hot all the time. Just had it installed about 4 weeks ago so it "should" not be a technical error !?

Thanks for any info

Is it set to actually power off or just go into a king of standby with the screen off?

When you power it back on do you get a picture right away or do you need to wait a bit for it to boot up?

There is only one way of turning it off which is by remote, light on the receiver turns red, no picture on tv, yet it stays hot doesn't cool down.

When it is on green light get picture on tv.

As usual when I turn the tv off  I also turn the receiver off, which I thought turns it off in order to cool it down as in a off position but no way jose, it just stays hot as it would be in on mode ?1

So now I unplug from the socket and then it needs to reboot for a few seconds to get picture, but normally I do not think that in off mode it supposed to feel hot as it would be in on mode ?

Edited by likewise

Some components of a Set Top Box controlled by remote need to remain powered (in standby) so the remote control can function. Likewise, some features of a Set Top Box require it remain 'on' in order to keep the "Electronic Program Guide" and Channel List fresh. Some Set Top Boxes that allow DVR capabilities might never really power down.

Have true box that's the same. Gets hot all the time, sometimes too hot and stops working. I find that if you want to leave it on ( standby) then best to put something under the feet like a chopstick to increase the gap underneath to allow more air to pass through the box.