Which Bangkok railway station does the train leave from for Pak Chong?

simon43

I'm in Bangkok for a few days next week, and I have to go to to Pak Chong to collect a package.  

It looks like an easy way to achieve this is to take the train (takes 3-4 hours), meet my friend at Pak Chong railway station with the parcel, and then go back on the train to Bangok.

Which Bangkok railway station do these trains leave from?  Is it Hualamphong?

Do I have to pre-book a ticket?  (Maybe difficult from my base in Myanmar).  Or can I just buy the (first class) ticket before I get on the train?

Oh-all those hopeless optimistic and always prasing these iron monsters  dreamy TV-users. Reckon to have to spend all day just to perform this. As most trains to there are the dead slow rot thammada (hard seats 3d cl, free for Thai), also always hours late, and just a few stopping there.

Get on a bus-do it in less as 3 hrs, runs ev 15/20 mins, or as above: have friend send it by bus to the bus-office in Mochit to collect.

Unlike you, I have reasonable confidence in Thai Railways, (having travelled on them on many occasions). I've booked to take the Express service train up to Pak Chong and then return to Bangkok by private taxi (friend of the person in Pak Chong).

I need to collect the equipment personally - it is a radio transmitter - don't want it to go 'missing'.

Edited by simon43