Anyone know a decent budget hotel near Asoke?

Kenny202

20 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Just googled it. Don't know if it's the same one but about 1200 baht night no probs. Rear entrance and guest friendly?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, same. No rear entrance, but guest friendly and great location 50 metres up Soi 13. Good aircon, TV and fridge. Pretty dated, but clean and has a pool as well. Small lobby and friendly staff.

Yes, same. No rear entrance, but guest friendly and great location 50 metres up Soi 13. Good aircon, TV and fridge. Pretty dated, but clean and has a pool as well. Small lobby and friendly staff.

Out of the Miami and Honey mate...which would u choose. Both locations great for me. By the way thanks so much for the info

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

Out of the Miami and Honey mate...which would u choose. Both locations great for me. By the way thanks so much for the info

Only stayed at the Miami mate, so can't comment on Honey. As I say, Miami is dated, but has all you need and is clean. Also, rooms are a reasonable size. If you are staying more than 1 night, just book 1 and extend if you are happy. I have never had a problem just arriving and getting a room.

"Anywhere close to Suk road from Asoke towards Suk 13. Preferably guest friendly and rear entrance"

I can't tell you whether your guest will like the rear entrance or not. That's something you'll have to discuss privately with her (or him). Or does your mention of "rear entrance" mean that you will feel ashamed to bring that person back to your room?

"Anywhere close to Suk road from Asoke towards Suk 13. Preferably guest friendly and rear entrance"

I can't tell you whether your guest will like the rear entrance or not. That's something you'll have to discuss privately with her (or him). Or does your mention of "rear entrance" mean that you will feel ashamed to bring that person back to your room?

It's only after the 4th or 5th different one I bring back I start to feel ashamed (of myself)

9 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Thanks all. Settled on the Miami. Case closed

I'd think twice….its a shithole,

humor me…..look up swiss grottino….in a small lane right behind robinsons off asoke soi 19….discreet is the key word here…..the mother of all rear entrances…not much for ambience but rooms are top shelf….best beds Ive come actress for a good nights sleep or bonking.

thank me later.

still time to repent…..take a walk down the pedestrian only soi just before u hit robinsons (shortcut) and ask to see a room…you will be outta miami 

before u know it. best place to bring back the spoils of sukhumvit……you could get a mule in there and no one would know or care

still time to repent…..take a walk down the pedestrian only soi just before u hit robinsons (shortcut) and ask to see a room…you will be outta miami 
before u know it. best place to bring back the spoils of sukhumvit……you could get a mule in there and no one would know or care

Hahaha. What about a Shetland pony? It's like ur reading my mind!

1 minute ago, Kenny202 said:

Hahaha. What about a Shetland pony? It's like ur reading my mind!

shetland is a minor episode there….no security…just a card access door and a cctv…..no bs questions…a solo walk of shame….only you and your pony….and a room for a prince

On 7/14/2017 at 6:01 PM, JHolmesJr said:

I'd think twice….its a shithole,

humor me…..look up swiss grottino….in a small lane right behind robinsons off asoke soi 19….discreet is the key word here…..the mother of all rear entrances…not much for ambience but rooms are top shelf….best beds Ive come actress for a good nights sleep or bonking.

thank me later.

Strong words. When last did you stay there? Not for everyone I know but good bang for buck. And they do slowly refurbish like split aircon and LED TV's.

Looked up swiss grottino and all I get is a restaurant/bakery, but iCheck Inn also comes up. Is that it? Will check it out. Not sure if it has a pool, but that is a big plus for me at the Miami.

Edit: OK, found a discussion about it on PattayaTalk. Is now iCheck Inn.

Yeah all good back now. I've stayed in hotels just about every week of my working adult life. From 7 to 1 star. I must say as far as cleanliness and functionality, the miami did the job. There's no getting around the fact it's shabby appearance but all the important things...big room, good air con, good shower toilet, lovely clean deep pool. Price.

Above all else the location is superb. Right in the middle of Soi 4 and Asoke and an easy walk to both or BTS. No complaints

On 13/07/2017 at 6:58 PM, lovelomsak said:

Miami stayed there for years. Was 200 the 500 and now not sure how much.Or Honey soi 19

I would rather sleep on the street with the rats and garbage bags. Probably similar to the Miami and would save that 1k baht per night or whatever it costs.

5555, my first night in 1990 Bangkok was at theMiami, advised and booked at the Don Mueang hotel counter. Moved out next morning and driven to the Rex where I became a regular for the next 10 years.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect