Parasail rides return to Phuket beaches

snoop1130

Parasail rides return to Phuket beaches

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1500463684_1-org.jpg

A parasail blooms as a tourist is lifted into the air on a parasail ride at Kata Beach today (July 19). Photo: Supplied

PHUKET:-- Parasail rides returned to Kata Beach today (July 19) after clearing mandatory safety checks by Royal Thai Army experts on Monday.

The mandatory safety review was ordered by Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong after death of 70-year-old Australian tourist Roger Hussey in a fall at Kata Beach last Wednesday (July 12).

Mr Hussey plunged some 70 metres into the water below at Kata Beach after his harness somehow became unclipped from the parasail suspension lines.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/parasail-rides-return-to-phuket-beaches-63102.php#eKhzlA7SM3lIITzl.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-7-19

3 minutes ago, Deli said:

Unfortunately lesson not learned. Would have been a good opportunity to ban this "business" forever.

Why? If legal and safe, no reason not to allow them to return.

Mr Col Santi Sakuntanark you have one more dead tourists on your back, how many more kilo dead meat you ned to close this madness in Phuket whit Jet- Ski and Parasailing Mr Col Santi Sakuntanark ?. I remember you say in the News “If jet-ski operators do not follow our request and cause problems they will not be on the beach anymore,” Mr Surat added. So we waiting you clean the beaches today and baan all jet-Ski and Parasailing in all Phuket. And I hope the familie to this man make a clame about you Mr Col Santi Sakuntanarkand and thisJet-Ski and Parasailing owner "Maybe Policeman it`s the owner" and take you all to the Court.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Why? If legal and safe, no reason not to allow them to return.

But is it legal ever since the Army declared " no commerce on the beach".  Why do these guys get away with dominating most of the beach and the beach vendors had to fight so hard to get a small slice?  It's a rhetorical question and the answer lies in envelopes and connections.

What insurance do these guys actually have and what licensing procedures do they have to go through to get licensed?  Anyone check their daily take and then review their tax returns........................

10 minutes ago, schlog said:

Wondering why till now no parasailing back at Patong beach?

Many days already and it sure starts to hurt.

Could mix up interestingly with the coming tuk tuk action on 3th.

I only walk along Kata Beach early morning before these guys turn up.  But I do have a panoramic view of all Kata beach from our high point. Not noticed any parasails in the air for a few days.

Maybe the punters are not interested  .... let's hope. 

16 minutes ago, schlog said:

Wondering why till now no parasailing back at Patong beach?

Many days already and it sure starts to hurt.

Could mix up interestingly with the coming tuk tuk action on 3th.

Also at Coral Island no parasailing. And they're always up there for the Chinese, at least 3 simultaniously.

If you carefully read the full news article ...

Maj Prasert rated the safety checks as “99% complete”.

“I have not spoken with the Phuket Marine Office, which was to inspect the boats used for parasail rides,” he explained

A report of all the safety reviews will be sent to the Governor, as requested, he added

Meanwhile, Winai Chitchiew, who serves as Kamnan (Subdistrict Headman) for Kata-Karon and on Monday said he expected the process to take weeks, today said, “The Kata-Karon parasail operators have completed the equipment reviews already. It is been guaranteed by the Royal Thai Army. Only one operator had to change the clips.”

So the way I read it boats still to be inspected, report to be developed 'take weeks'

But I would like to know more about when operating licenses will given and supported by genuine liabily insurance .... oh I dream on.

And all this because of the death of 1 australian guy. I not buy it. There is something much bigger in background going on and this incident only supports the show. If i had to guess i would say the marine office is losing his cash cow.

Waiting for the white smoke like in rome to see who will be the president of this new club.

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Says you, it seems authorities have a different view.

It is illegal to operate jet skis, and parasails as they do  in Phuket. The fact that they do speaks to the local culture and refusal of Thailand to enforce the existing law or to regulate the activities. The law is very clear; No commercial activity is allowed on a public beach.

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

It is illegal to operate jet skis, and parasails as they do  in Phuket. The fact that they do speaks to the local culture and refusal of Thailand to enforce the existing law or to regulate the activities. The law is very clear; No commercial activity is allowed on a public beach.

The people deciding on this seem to disagree with you.