Video: Do you know these restaurant burglars thieving in Jomtien?

webfact

Video: Do you know these restaurant burglars thieving in Jomtien?

22pm.jpg

Picture:  Workpoint TV

PATTAYA: -- A Thai restaurant owner has appealed to the media after burglars stole more than 60,000 in valuable items from her restaurant in Jomtien.

It was the second time recently that the October Bar and Bistro had been hit by thieves.

Owner Kanthima Darak, 47, said that on Wednesday she had shut up early because of the rains. When she went to open up yesterday afternoon the place had been rifled and things were scattered everywhere.

Two cash registers worth 28,000 baht were gone along with 30,000 baht worth of wine and other goods.

CCTV caught two men believed to be in their thirties - both quite tall one with a moustache and beard - helping themselves.

When they saw that they were being filmed one of the men turned the camera around and the burglary continued.

Kanthima said that she had been robbed another time recently but despite reporting both cases to Pattaya police she has got no joy yet.

So now she has turned to Workpoint TV to see if anyone recognizes the thieves at her shop.

Source: Workpoint TV

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-21

Just now, webfact said:

despite reporting both cases to Pattaya police she has got no joy yet.

Well I never!  The family took a self-confessed car thief into both Jomtien and Pattaya police station - they got no joy either as they could not afford the 10K price for 'serve and protect' action.

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

I wish Thais would learn to upload the original CCTV video file to YouTube and not a cellphone video of a monitor playing the video.

I do see see some dashcam videos that are done properly.

Amen brother!

5 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I wish Thais would learn

Maybe someone from Farang Land could show them how it's done in the west.

80 per cent of CCTV images 'ineffective'

Government and police chiefs want to extend the network which monitors Britons – already the world's biggest with an estimated one camera for every 12 people – even further to cover all "public space".
But a new study prepared by the Home Office admitted officials do not even know how many CCTV cameras there are while many are in the wrong place.

The report, following an 18-month consultation with retailers, local authorities and police, also said 80 per cent of the images from existing CCTV cameras are "far from ideal" and most are being used simply to observe people or to enforce traffic laws.

Police are also struggling to cope with the rapid advance of digital technology which means images are captured in hundreds of different forms, the report found.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1566752/80-per-cent-of-CCTV-images-ineffective.html

Market Bar on Bun Kanchana Rd. in Jomtien was robbed, not much was taken but the manager showed the video to me with his smart phone, he has CCTV's all over.  He seemed to know who it was and said it's been reported.