Rush ready-meals to flood victims, PM orders

rooster59

Rush ready-meals to flood victims, PM orders

By The Nation

Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has instructed governors of flooded provinces to rush roasted chicken, steamed sticky rice, boiled eggs and bottles of drinking water to stranded flood victims, Government Spokesman Lt-General Sansern Kaewkamnerd said on Saturday.

The prime minister wanted the provincial administrations to hand out ready-meals like roasted chickens and steamed sticky rice to the stranded people immediately as they wait to be gradually evacuated to safe places, the spokesman said.

The PM wants the food to be rushed on flat-bottom boats, the spokesman said.

Provincial administrations of flood-prone areas were told to monitor the situation and issue warning and help the people in time to minimise their losses, Sansern said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30322169

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-29

Is this Prayut trying to get brownie points??

Rush ready made meals to flood victims, bloody joke should have been done days ago.

People in Banphai have been living at the roadside now since wednesday.

good on him . taking care of basic needs first .

theres more than a few western countries that could take a lesson from this.

the overall responce to this has been pretty good , so far.

26 minutes ago, DM07 said:

The PM wants the food to be rushed on flat-bottom boats, the spokesman said.

The PM certainly has his finger on the pulse of the situation and sharing his military tactical knowledge by recommending flat-bottom boats.

One thing for sure his suggested menu of roasted chicken, steamed sticky rice, boiled eggs will be gourmet food compared to the rotten food parcels dished up by some cheating money grubbing Red Cross sub-contractor.

43 minutes ago, sirmud63 said:

good on him . taking care of basic needs first .

theres more than a few western countries that could take a lesson from this.

the overall responce to this has been pretty good , so far.

Probably fair comment, but shouldn't need the PM to issue such basic instructions, that's unless the rest of country is being looked after by idiots - -  really no comment needed as it is pretty obvious.. 

4 hours ago, Artisi said:

Probably fair comment, but shouldn't need the PM to issue such basic instructions, that's unless the rest of country is being looked after by idiots - -  really no comment needed as it is pretty obvious.. 

Yes that would of been my comment, so no emergency plans until instructed, no wonder they just keeping grinding away on their own

Either these comments are for show, or officials really need to be persuaded to do their job. I am still not sure what is what because often officials only start working after public shame. 

Wonder what the PM ate for dinner tonight. You can bet it would not have been roasted chicken, steamed sticky rice and boiled eggs. More like a gourmet seafood buffet at the officers mess.

pity, tis the truth

But what about the legumes? Where is the fruit, the vegetables - He surely wants his subjects to be healthy, and not only load up on carbs?

How can the great leader forget about this?

PS: here's a tip for the general: Next time a Dutch team of water experts flies in to help you, don't ask them to leave because "they don't understand the Thai way of doing things".

Damn right they don't. They just solve the problem.

7 minutes ago, Bullie said:

But what about the legumes? Where is the fruit, the vegetables - He surely wants his subjects to be healthy, and not only load up on carbs?

How can the great leader forget about this?

PS: here's a tip for the general: Next time a Dutch team of water experts flies in to help you, don't ask them to leave because "they don't understand the Thai way of doing things".

Damn right they don't. They just solve the problem.

Sure.  Give them corn flakes and powdered milk.  They'll know how to eat it--and appreciate it.  And give them chili with beans and lentils too.  And while you're at it, dish up some good lima beans--nevermind that as many as one in ten could die from eating them in this country.

I think the general did just fine in asking for the chicken, eggs, and rice.  That is a complete protein source, in case nutrition wasn't your best subject in school.  Furthermore, they are commonly available, commonly eaten and liked, and safer than many other foods in terms of their perishability.  The "legumes" you seem inclined towards could be a health hazard if not eaten promptly (less than four hours after cooking)--without even considering the potentially fatal effects of a broad-bean-induced hemolytic crisis.

The PM certainly has his finger on the pulse of the situation and sharing his military tactical knowledge by recommending flat-bottom boats.
One thing for sure his suggested menu of roasted chicken, steamed sticky rice, boiled eggs will be gourmet food compared to the rotten food parcels dished up by some cheating money grubbing Red Cross sub-contractor.

And possibly a poem

Spot on. Wherever there is a constant spout of micro management it shows up that the lower management either aren't empowered or capable, or the leadership is out of sync. There is no system in place but at least his heart is in it.

Now just wait another 2 weeks until it hits Bangkok, I really hope somebody has started thinking about that already.

8 hours ago, coulson said:

Spot on. Wherever there is a constant spout of micro management it shows up that the lower management either aren't empowered or capable, or the leadership is out of sync. There is no system in place but at least his heart is in it.

Now just wait another 2 weeks until it hits Bangkok, I really hope somebody has started thinking about that already.

The stuff from Isarn certainly WONT hit BKK unless I am reading the map wrong. 

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Wonder what the PM ate for dinner tonight. You can bet it would not have been roasted chicken, steamed sticky rice and boiled eggs. More like a gourmet seafood buffet at the officers mess.

More than likely, but what has that got to do with ensuring flood victims have at least something decent to eat? 

17 hours ago, Cadbury said:

And what did you have---

non-descript canned fish, 7-11 frozen pizza, ma-ma enhanced with snap frozen peas-carrot-corn, a Bht 25 bottle of rice whiskey or did you go high on the hog and  use the Lotus food court. 

The stuff from Isarn certainly WONT hit BKK unless I am reading the map wrong. 

Isaan isn't the only place flooding. Sukothai, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Phetchabun, Lopburi and Ayutthaya also been affected these last few days. All within the Chao Phraya flood basin.

1501404668013.jpg

5 hours ago, coulson said:

Isaan isn't the only place flooding. Sukothai, Phitsanulok, Phichit, Phetchabun, Lopburi and Ayutthaya also been affected these last few days. All within the Chao Phraya flood basin.

1501404668013.jpg

I know but i was talking about the stuff from Isarn, i knew about the other water. But people are banging on about how bad it is in Isarn and how it is the worst in 40 years and will flood BKK. But it wont as it just wont go there.  So that it is there worst than ever does not mean it will be worse then 2011 in BKK.

Anyway I have much more faith this time as they are already releasing the dams making sure there is enough of a buffer. I don't doubt it that there will be more flooding just not on the 2011 scale in BKK. 

I hope that they can help the people over there in the flooded areas well because it sucks to be flooded, hope they drain it fast

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:41 PM, Artisi said:

And what did you have---

non-descript canned fish, 7-11 frozen pizza, ma-ma enhanced with snap frozen peas-carrot-corn, a Bht 25 bottle of rice whiskey or did you go high on the hog and  use the Lotus food court. 

Childish response. I would have expected better from a long time poster. I think too many cordials and so early in the day. Sad!