Soyabean Meal

teletiger

Tim says its almost all imported into Thailand from the USA and some from Europe, mostly by feed mills for livestock feed production.

Find the address for the Thai Feed Mills Association. They will tell you where you can buy it from.

It is not cheap

For Tim

D.V.

Anyone know the cost per kilo and whereabouts of soyabean meal (45%protein). I've tried all the usual suspects.....just got blank looks.

Regards.

Anyone know the cost per kilo and whereabouts of soyabean meal (45%protein). I've tried all the usual suspects.....just got blank looks.

Regards.

Last year I found a place in Nakorn Pathom that sells it but danm I cannot find their phone number. Will keep looking though. When I checked last summer they wanted ~ B12-14/kg. My purpose was to use it in a fish feed recipe.

rgds

I see [roducts made of soyabean protein practicall in each and every supermarket.

good place to check is - the Santi Asoke veg. complex opposite JJ market - across the Kamphaeng Phet Rd. they ahve a sort of theri own supermarket there and a big enough variety of all such things.

Regards.

Last year I found a place in Nakorn Pathom that sells it but danm I cannot find their phone number. Will keep looking though. When I checked last summer they wanted ~ B12-14/kg. My purpose was to use it in a fish feed recipe.

rgds

OK, think I found it. Try CSD Business Co. Ltd. Their phone number is 02-749-1442. I've tried to call a couple of times in the afternnoon to confirm the number but nobody is picking up the phone. Here's a link to an e-mail addy that you can also try. Let me know how it goes.

rgds

http://www.farmworld.com/trade/aa927786.html

Two kinds of soybean meal...

1. soybean meal....ground soybeans

2. defatted soybean meal.....what is left over after the soybean oil has been removed.....places that extract oil from soybeans sell the leftovers as defatted soybean meal.

This is from what I've read....I've never bought any of either.

Chownah

Two kinds of soybean meal...

1. soybean meal....ground soybeans

2. defatted soybean meal.....what is left over after the soybean oil has been removed.....places that extract oil from soybeans sell the leftovers as defatted soybean meal.

This is from what I've read....I've never bought any of either.

Chownah

All soyabean needs to be heat processed in some manner, as the raw bean contains a protien inhibitor.

Regards

Teletiger,

Yes, I've heard about the protein inhibitor. I used to make tofu and it was mentioned in the literature I studied in learning how to make it. Do you know if this is true for animals as well as humans....do all soybean products need to be cooked or otherwise processed when used as animal feed as well? Also, do you know if this is true for vegetable soybeans....by this I mean when soybeans are eaten before they completely mature....this is an issue if you wanted to let cows graze on the plants containing partially mature beans or if the same plants are fed to the cows.

Chownah

Edited by chownah

Here's part of a small study on rats.

Food intake, feed conversion efficiency and growth by rats was reduced when soya bean was included in their diet, but the extent to which these parameters were affected did not appear to depend only on the protease inhibitor or lectin content. In contrast, pancreatic and small intestinal growth did seem to reflect the levels of these factors in the diet. Chymotrypsin inhibitor activity in soya bean was more readily abolished by heat-treatment than was trypsin inhibitory activity. Lectin activity was also relatively heat-resistant. However, all of these activities could be abolished by aqueous heat-treatment of fully imbibed seeds at 100°C for 10 min. The effects of a soya diet on pancreas and small intestine weights were also abolished by this pre-treatment, and food intake and nutrient utilisation by rats was greatly improved.

BTW....the effects on the pancreas that it refers to was an enlargement.

Regards.