A Spanish tourist has gone online to issue a dire warning to the Thais about messing up their country

webfact

A Spanish tourist has gone online to issue a dire warning to the Thais about messing up their country

5(1407).jpg

Picture: TNews

In a eloquent plea to the people of Thailand he said that their country was paradise but in ten years it would all be gone - along with all the money from tourism.

Tnews reported on the video that was posted on the Facebook page of "Alexander Maxnort". It featured a Spanish tourist called "Albero" who said this was his first visit to Thailand.

Being interviewed by another man on a sandy beach he said that he was very disappointed by what he had seen in Thailand.

He spoke in slightly broken English but his message was as clear as the bright day when the video was filmed.

When he went to the beach he just saw lots of rubbish - cigarette ends, plastic, paper - piles of it.

"You are making a lot of money from tourism, revenues are very high", he said.

"In ten years you will not have the paradise that you have here today".

Warning that tourists will just go elsewhere he advised that police be posted on every beach and start fining people up to 100,000 baht for littering.

"If you don't it will cost you four times as much to get back what you have lost".

He said his message was for everyone in power.

"Today you have paradise in ten years it will disappear".

And in a final chilling indictment of those who would mess up the beauty of the country he added:

"Take care of your country. I am disappointed and angry for all the things that I have seen".

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-08-10

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

555 hilarious. he's basically saying take care of your place or it will end up being the dump that spain is. I'm sure that's what he's saying. there are many laws here that should clean the place up where it needs to be. pretty sure the powers that be don't need advice from young Spaniard. jog on young lad.

and to the Spaniard in case you read this. your dress sense is terrible. your sunglasses are cheap and tacky, your top looks incredibly camp. perhaps that's your thing. people here don't need advice from anyone that comes from a place that hasn't got it's own house in order

he doesn't need to go home and his little complaints won't bother anyone. if he wants to clean up anywhere perhaps he could start with all the north Africans selling fake polo shirts and pissing on the beach in his own country. good place to start

1 minute ago, Lingba said:

well give him credit for his attempt because he makes a very valid point..unfortunately as many have already stated, his words will fall on deaf ears.

his point is not valid. perhaps there could be people handing out fines of a few hundred baht for littering, I believe they are working on that in some places where people are basically ignorant. the bloke comes from a place where they have a load of illegal immigrants selling illegal goods on some of their main beaches whilst they piss in the sand that your daughter plays in. no credit

39 minutes ago, Lingba said:

well give him credit for his attempt because he makes a very valid point..unfortunately as many have already stated, his words will fall on deaf ears.

I lasted 33 years in Thailand and finally just had enough of the filthy Pattaya sewer they call a beach, garbage all over the streets and nobody picks it up. I have moved to the Philippines where other than Manila the country is clean and beautiful. A school full of kids walked by my house the other day and my wife told me they were cruising their jurisdiction area picking up whatever garbage they could find, and I can tell you there was not much to pick up. The authorities teach pride in your city and country from when the kids are just small.

Cleanliness is always a nice message, but not sure if it will ever strike a cord here.  Watched a guy throw an empty cigarette pack in the river.  He did not even hesitate to see if there was a trash can nearby on the ferry pier.  Seen the same thing happen in many places in Asia as well. 

11 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Cleanliness is always a nice message, but not sure if it will ever strike a cord here.  Watched a guy throw an empty cigarette pack in the river.  He did not even hesitate to see if there was a trash can nearby on the ferry pier.  Seen the same thing happen in many places in Asia as well. 

Cleanliness is next to Godliness, but it's not a Christian country. 

and to the Spaniard in case you read this. your dress sense is terrible. your sunglasses are cheap and tacky, your top looks incredibly camp. perhaps that's your thing. people here don't need advice from anyone that comes from a place that hasn't got it's own house in order

He's on a beach. What would you like him to wear. A man made Indian suit?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Godliness is not just for Christians. 

Cleanliness too 555 

To be fair, I've lived in several different places in Asia in the past two decades, and generally found Thailand to be very oriented towards tidiness and order compared to some other countries. The problem seems to be much more to do with lack of education regarding disposal of garbage, environmental pollution and suchlike - they're clearly not taught about these things. 

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

555 hilarious. he's basically saying take care of your place or it will end up being the dump that spain is. I'm sure that's what he's saying. there are many laws here that should clean the place up where it needs to be. pretty sure the powers that be don't need advice from young Spaniard. jog on young lad.

Have you been to Spain lately? its not a dump as you put it, Beaches are clean (daily) and the water hits the HIGH EU regs unlike some places I could mention. Cannot stand criticism can they?

Edited by wakeupplease

You've gone from "looking like" he's on something to "being high on drugs" to"being a junkie" in three posts , one of which was a reply to yourself.
Maybe you should go back to bed too and get out the other side Mr Angry

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

56 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I lasted 33 years in Thailand and finally just had enough of the filthy Pattaya sewer they call a beach, garbage all over the streets and nobody picks it up. I have moved to the Philippines where other than Manila the country is clean and beautiful. A school full of kids walked by my house the other day and my wife told me they were cruising their jurisdiction area picking up whatever garbage they could find, and I can tell you there was not much to pick up. The authorities teach pride in your city and country from when the kids are just small.

Civic pride.....never heard of in Thailand!