Ahem... Question about doing a visa run in Cambodia

Herro,

I currently do VISA runs via Laos Boarder. I want to get the SETV with two months visit then renewable 30 days.

I am currently planning on doing the following;

• DMK Don Mueang Plane to PNH Phnom Penh
  • Bringing 20,000THB with me. 

Questions

1. With recent scares of the 20,000THB entry requirement will this be required for me?
  2. Will i be required to get a Visa for Cambodia
  3. Am i able to apply for the SETV 2 month plus 30 days extension in Cambodia? If so where in Phnom Penh 
  4. Why do people prefer Laos Visa Runs than Cambodia?
  5. Where do i go in Phnom Penh to get the Visa for Thailand?

Edited by Stuart Fox

It depends on your history, if you have a history of visits using SETV and VE you are more likely to be questioned at the Airport

Nongkhai Immigration are VERY friendly, you will have no issues crossing back, I know this from experience 

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

It depends on your history, if you have a history of visits using SETV and VE you are more likely to be questioned at the Airport

Nongkhai Immigration are VERY friendly, you will have no issues crossing back, I know this from experience 

What questions will they ask?

Also, I did a year of VISA runs then an ED visa then flew back to UK stayed for 3 months and bought a new passport. Now back in Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Stuart Fox said:
  1. With recent scares of the 20,000THB entry requirement will this be required for me?
  2. Will i be required to get a Visa for Cambodia
  3. Am i able to apply for the SETV 2 month plus 30 days extension in Cambodia? If so where in Phnom Penh 
  4. Why do people prefer Laos Visa Runs than Cambodia?
  5. Where do i go in Phnom Penh to get the Visa for Thailand?
  1. Probably not, but it is wise to be prepared for this just in case.
  2. Yes. You can get the visa on arrival at Phnom Penh airport. It will cost US$ 30.
  3. You can apply for a single entry tourist visa in Phnom Penh. You will likely need to show an onward flight out of Thailand. You may need to show a hotel reservation and/or evidence of the equivalent US$ 1,000 in a bank account. You apply for the visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh, or by using an agent.
  4. Application for an SETV in Vientiane, specifically, requires only the application fee, and you get the visa the next day. In Phnom Penh, the standard processing time is four days (for instance, apply Monday morning, receive passport back with visa late Thursday. Faster processing in Phnom Penhy is available using an agent, but this is more costly (next day processing is very expensive and only a few agents can arrange it.) That is without considering the variable requirements. While agents can fudge the onward flight reservation and hotel reservation (for a price) if you are asked for financial proof, the agent cannot get around this for you.
  5. Royal Thai Embassy or use an agent.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart Fox said:

Am i able to apply for the SETV 2 month plus 30 days extension in Cambodia?

Others answered the rest of this, but you apply for the 30-day extension at the immigration office in Thailand which serves the area where you are staying.  The fee is 1900 Baht.  Generally, you can apply in the last week to 10-days of the 60-day entry from your Tourist Visa.  You do not lose any days by applying early - the 30-days will begin at the end of your existing permit-of-stay.