Cambodia driving license and visa extension at Koh kong near Thai border Had Lek Cham yeam, who did it ?

bberrythailand

Cambodia driving license and visa extension at Koh kong near Thai border Had Lek Cham yeam, who did it ?

Hello,

Do you know if it's possible to get a Cambodia driving license at Koh kong near Thai border, and what is the process and cost ?

And is there a way to extend 1 year and ordinary visa there  ? (by the way can you get this visa at the border ?)

Cheers.

Take the Family Van from Pattaya to the border (500 Bt), telephone number 081 940 7380.  Stay overnight in Koh Kong.  The Asian is a good choice for a hotel. 

Agoda - Asian Koh Kong Hotel!

Get a Cambodian SIM card while you are there and enjoy dinner at the hotel restaurant or at the Wood House.

The next morning take a bus to Phnom Penh (PNH).  You can buy the ticket at the hotel desk after you arrive and they will arrange for a songtheaw to pick you up and take you to the bus station. 

In PNH go to Lucky Lucky Motorcycle Rental and visa service, No. 413Eo, Preah Monivong (St. 93), 12258 Phnom Penh, Preah Monivong Blvd (93), Cambodia - most songtheaw or motorcycle taxi drivers (moto dops) will know where Lucky Lucky is located.  Tell Lucky Lucky what you want, give them the money they ask for.  They will call you to come get your visa and driving license when they are ready.  Lucky Lucky will take care of everything for you while you relax and enjoy the tourist attractions.

Edited by HarrySeaman

if you don't wan to take the bus to phnom penh and i don't. i hate it.

talk to rifty in koh kong who can arrange everything for you.

he now runs a hotel on riverside called rifty.

Edited by jobsworth
extra content

4 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

Take the Family Van from Pattaya to the border (500 Bt), telephone number 081 940 7380.  Stay overnight in Koh Kong.  The Asian is a good choice for a hotel. 

Agoda - Asian Koh Kong Hotel!

Get a Cambodian SIM card while you are there and enjoy dinner at the hotel restaurant or at the Wood House.

The next morning take a bus to Phnom Penh (PNH).  You can buy the ticket at the hotel desk after you arrive and they will arrange for a songtheaw to pick you up and take you to the bus station. 

In PNH go to Lucky Lucky Motorcycle Rental and visa service, No. 413Eo, Preah Monivong (St. 93), 12258 Phnom Penh, Preah Monivong Blvd (93), Cambodia - most songtheaw or motorcycle taxi drivers (moto dops) will know where Lucky Lucky is located.  Tell Lucky Lucky what you want, give them the money they ask for.  They will call you to come get your visa and driving license when they are ready.  Lucky Lucky will take care of everything for you while you relax and enjoy the tourist attractions.

What a hassle. Might as well fly for 800-4000 Baht. Regarding Lucky Lucky: Never been there but the reviews on Tripadvisor suggest they have gone downhill.

10 hours ago, jobsworth said:

if you don't wan to take the bus to phnom penh and i don't. i hate it.

talk to rifty in koh kong who can arrange everything for you.

he now runs a hotel on riverside called rifty.

Thank you to all, but yes I do not want to go to PP. Maybe sihanook, but not further.

So I will contact Rifty, have you got your license or visa from this place ?

being posted on Cambodian forums that agents can no longer help/issue Cambodian drivers licenses and u need do it the official way.

used to be around $50 if u had another country license and took 3-5 days, u need be on a 6 or 12 month extension to get it.

Lucky lucky is the  place to check in PP

Extensions for visas can be gotten ( i have a friend that lives there)  in KK BUT u need use an agent as the extension can ONLY be issued in PP

in SNV  try Ana travels

Edited by phuketrichard

5 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

being posted on Cambodian forums that agents can no longer help/issue Cambodian drivers licenses and u need do it the official way.

used to be around $50 if u had another country license and took 3-5 days, u need be on a 6 or 12 month extension to get it.

Lucky lucky is the  place to check in PP

Extensions for visas can be gotten ( i have a friend that lives there)  in KK BUT u need use an agent as the extension can ONLY be issued in PP

in SNV  try Ana travels

Thank you. So the easiest way would be to go to PP for few days and get the 1 year visa extension + driving license ?

I do not like that my passport travels without me.