District chief on the move again armed with stickers - but was that a machine gun?

rooster59

Human trafficking is a bad thing. I myself would define it as moving someone against their will or aiding the process.
If a person finds themselves in dire situations, and therefore agrees to relocate, then it does not qualify to me as trafficking. except the trafficker did participate in causing such situation or deliberately exploits it.
say a Burmese worker wants to come to Thailand to better provide for the family and a person offers transport for 2,000% of the normal price, or offers employment for rock bottom wages etc. that is what I would call trafficking.
obviously this is by no means legally sound, just my ethic compass...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, StefanBBK said:

Human trafficking is a bad thing. I myself would define it as moving someone against their will or aiding the process.
If a person finds themselves in dire situations, and therefore agrees to relocate, then it does not qualify to me as trafficking. except the trafficker did participate in causing such situation or deliberately exploits it.
say a Burmese worker wants to come to Thailand to better provide for the family and a person offers transport for 2,000% of the normal price, or offers employment for rock bottom wages etc. that is what I would call trafficking.
obviously this is by no means legally sound, just my ethic compass...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

NGOs and foreign governments (and that includes the U.S.) deliberately attach a vague, nebulous, hyper-inclusive definition to the term, and the local police will adopt whatever portion of that most greatly facilitates whatever it is they're posturing to do.  If a farang thinks he's going to pierce that veil with logic or consistency, he's either a complete noob or seriously deluded.   It's a disgrace really, because genuine trafficking IS a scourge and those involved SHOULD BE rounded up and dealt with, and these photo-ops contribute almost nothing to the effort.

Last time I seen a machine gun  like that was in Matamoris Mexico just south of Texas.!!!

It is a scary border city with lots of crime,  well... I guess sort of like Pattaya once I think

about it for  while. Yes look at all that Gold!  555

Geezer

On 8/12/2017 at 8:01 AM, smedly said:

I would love to ask the district chief what exactly he thinks goes on in gogo bars, seriously I would love to hear his answer

and all these raids going on by the new district chief, why, I know the answer but I want him to say why and I also want him to explain it to Prayut  Chan O Cha, then I want the PM to closely monitor his bank accounts as all police should be totally transparent and answerable to the public

oh never mind

Never going to happen :sad:

On 12/08/2017 at 7:26 AM, billd766 said:

Armed soldiers or or Police patrolling the area does not give the Visitor a warm fuzzy feeling that they are safe if armed troops/police are patrolling the area especially with automatic weapons.

So basically you are saying that most of the cities in Europe are not safe for tourists because of the armed police on the streets.

Yet because Thailand does NOT have armed police groups at the airports it is not a s safe as Europe.

Really?

They are at every airport in the UK, and most big towns and cities in the UK have at least one armed police response support vehicle out 24/7. The bigger the city the more groups that are out.

Brit Fed's before going out on a bit of community policing .. note they ride proper motorcycles not girls bikes .. :smile: :ph34r:

_20170813_151700.JPG

• 3 weeks later...