30 day extension

Hi guys

What are the requirements for a 30 day extension? My setv 60 day will expire next week and i plan to extend it for another month. I live in bangkok but will be travelling to nakhon pathom on that day to attend a wedding. Can i extend my visa in nakhon pathom immigration even though I live in bangkok?

Thanks. Hoping to get a detailed response [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-P355 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You have to apply in Bangkok at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

You don't have to wait until the last day to apply for the extension. You lose no days by applying early since the extension will start from the end of your 60 day entry.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. And 1900 baht for the fee.

8 minutes ago, londoedan said:

Is it still possible to get a 7 day extension ? (Actually time allowed to leave the country).

My visa exempt stamp ends on 23 August and 7 days will suffice.

You will get a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry.

40 minutes ago, phoetriu2 said:

Is it normal IO give 7 day or 30 day extensions for the 1900tbh fee? My friend quoted recently an IO thinks only 7 days was enough for his stay. Is the rule 30?

If a person qualifies for the extension it will be for 30 days when issued. They only do the 7 days to leave the country if the extension application is denied.

On 8/13/2017 at 7:29 AM, ubonjoe said:

You have to apply in Bangkok at Chaeng Wattana immigration.

You don't have to wait until the last day to apply for the extension. You lose no days by applying early since the extension will start from the end of your 60 day entry.

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached, copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. And 1900 baht for the fee.

I have to disagree that he has to apply in BKK for a 30 day extension

Most Immigration Offices do not ask for proof of where you are staying so he could apply at any Immigration Office and give his hotel name of the place he is staying on that day

I actually applied today in Hua Hin, was asked for a address which was provided but no proof was asked for

The point of Tourist visas is people travel around so I really don't see why he has to apply in BKK? 

13 hours ago, darrendsd said:

I have to disagree that he has to apply in BKK for a 30 day extension

Most Immigration Offices do not ask for proof of where you are staying so he could apply at any Immigration Office and give his hotel name of the place he is staying on that day

I see nothing in his post that staying he will staying in a hotel. I was only going by what he wrote and it appears he is only going to Nakhon Pathom for the day.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I see nothing in his post that staying he will staying in a hotel. I was only going by what he wrote and it appears he is only going to Nakhon Pathom for the day.

Wherever he is staying he will be able to do it in NP if they don't ask for proof of address