Best Island In April For Thailand!

mayacan

I'm looking to visit again in April. So I want to solicit as many people as possible to give their best choice for the best island to visit in April. Been to Ko Chang, in 2006, Samui, been there 4 times, and 2 times too many, and I have been to Phuket back in the mid-90's.

Looking for:

Weather, this is important to explore the sea, to go on interesting day trips.

Beach, good sandy beach with not too much tourist crap.

Nightlife, good real local Thai food, place for a beer, hear some music, maybe dance.

Beach Bungalow, in the $50.00 to $70.00 range, beach bar & eats, 3* category

I enjoyed Ko Chang very much when I went last year. I wouldn't mind going back, but would like to find island with similar amenities. Did not enjoy Ko Samet, too difficult to get around and too many mosqitos.

So I'm curious to read your opinions, thanks.

Peace,

Mayacan

April would be nice for the gulf of Thailand side (check the weather again).

Krabi is nice but more quiet than Phuket. You will have a chance for a Phi Phi Island day trip or you can stay there. Lots of eating places and bars.

Koh Tao or Koh Pha-Ngan are also recommended.

Koh Pha-Ngan is nice, has everything you want (I think). Went there in May last year, it was nice and quiet (not many tourist due to low season). But less water.

Will check and get back to you again.

Please note that April is school holiday in Thailand and it is very hot. :o

Fisrt day, and a few responses, thanks for everyone's advice.....

Ko Lanta, I'll do some research.....Haven't to Phi Phi since 95'. Is it back to normal now? I look foward to hearing from you guys again....

Thanks again,

Peace,

Mayacan

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you try Krabi area. There are lots of great places to see and you can choose from a range of accommodation.

We did a trip with Elizabeth and Sun (www.andamancampandcruise.com). Instead of going to a new place every day, we did a continuous trip around the islands staying in bungalows and camping for a couple of nights.

Check their site for lots of ideas.

I'm looking to visit again in April. So I want to solicit as many people as possible to give their best choice for the best island to visit in April. Been to Ko Chang, in 2006, Samui, been there 4 times, and 2 times too many, and I have been to Phuket back in the mid-90's.

Looking for:

Weather, this is important to explore the sea, to go on interesting day trips.

Beach, good sandy beach with not too much tourist crap.

Nightlife, good real local Thai food, place for a beer, hear some music, maybe dance.

Beach Bungalow, in the $50.00 to $70.00 range, beach bar & eats, 3* category

I enjoyed Ko Chang very much when I went last year. I wouldn't mind going back, but would like to find island with similar amenities. Did not enjoy Ko Samet, too difficult to get around and too many mosqitos.

So I'm curious to read your opinions, thanks.

Peace,

Mayacan