Recommended Air Pressures for F, & R, 100/90-12 Tyres of Honda Zoomer X Scooter ?

Hi fellow Thaivisa.com Posters,

I searched exhaustively for information on Internet as to recommended Air Pressures for Front, & Rear, respectively, 100/90-12 Tyres of Honda Zoomer X Scooter, but to no avail.

The only available manual, as far as I know, is in Thai language ;

And, according to my wife, it states :

Front ; 29 p.s.i.

Rear ; 33 p.s.i.

I note that the sidewalls of each tyre, Dunlop brand, that was supplied as Original Equipment from Manufacturer [ Honda ] -- O.E.M. -- state only maximum pressure

vis.

36 psi.

There are 2 scenarios to consider :

Driver only on the scooter

Driver with Pillion Passenger on the scooter.

With reference to 2. [ above ], I did come across mention by Dunlop or some tyre retailer -- I forget which at this moment -- stating that when carrying pillion passenger both tyres [ or is it only rear ? :smile: ] should be pressurized to stated maximum air pressure rating of tyre.

Here's hoping for  knowledgeable Posters replying with authoritative information.

Regards,

Our Man in the Tropics

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. If your analogue gauge is accurate ( try checking readings against another gauge ) , then its fine. LCD ones are smaller and can be easier to use on smaller scooter wheels. Garage gauges , if dropped , may be out . Could be said they are better than nothing though. Shell garages often have good gauges.