Fire Breaks Out in CentralWorld Restaurant

rooster59

Fire Breaks Out in CentralWorld Restaurant

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

CTW-696x418.jpg

BANGKOK — A fire broke out at noon on Saturday at a restaurant in CentralWorld, sending smoke pouring into the interior of the mall.

Smoke was also visible outside the mall after a fire broke out inside Hua Seng Hong, a Chinese restaurant on the sixth floor of the mall.

Firefighters put out the flames. 

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/calamity/2017/08/19/fire-breaks-centralworld-restaurant/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-08-19

1 hour ago, kotsak said:

60724546-out-of-order-sign--a-yellow-and

Always the same. They talk about safety etc but it appears none of the buildings have a fire detection / prevention system installed or working. It is a disgrace and Thailand should hang their head in shame.

I remember years ago at the building that is now the Inter-Continental hotel in Bangkok an air-conditioner exploded the day before the building was due to open. There was a massive fire and the little toy fire trucks couldn't cope. People had to be airlifted off the roof, hanging on to the 'runners' of the helicopter and deposited at the police hospital nearby. The law dictated that a sprinkler system had to be fitted, and it was. But there was no law dictating that it had to be turned on, so it wasn't.

On 8/19/2017 at 3:06 PM, gandalf12 said:

Where was the fire detection system? Or was there none?

How did you come to the conclusion about the fire detection system?
The purpose of "fire detection" is to detect it. It does not prevent fires.
As the fire department responded and extinguished the fire it just may be that the detection equipment functioned as intended and alerted emergency response.
Or maybe somebody telephoned. We do not know from the articles.

1 hour ago, Bill Miller said:

How did you come to the conclusion about the fire detection system?
The purpose of "fire detection" is to detect it. It does not prevent fires.
As the fire department responded and extinguished the fire it just may be that the detection equipment functioned as intended and alerted emergency response.
Or maybe somebody telephoned. We do not know from the articles.

You also include deluge systems which are activated by the detection system. 

14 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

You also include deluge systems which are activated by the detection system. 

Entirely different subject. You referenced detection systems, not extinguishing systems.
Former Fire Marshall at South Kent, CT, and at E.E, Dickinson Co. in Essex CT we filled the coffee fund by threading up to five inch iron pipe for sprinkler fitters, as there were not many outfits with that capacity.
Yes, I have gotten in the habit of verifying my CV because so many on TV talk through their hats at time.
I DO make mistakes at times, but not so much about stuff I have done. :sleep:

4 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Entirely different subject. You referenced detection systems, not extinguishing systems.
Former Fire Marshall at South Kent, CT, and at E.E, Dickinson Co. in Essex CT we filled the coffee fund by threading up to five inch iron pipe for sprinkler fitters, as there were not many outfits with that capacity.
Yes, I have gotten in the habit of verifying my CV because so many on TV talk through their hats at time.
I DO make mistakes at times, but not so much about stuff I have done. :sleep:

Bill, if you have ever worked on tbese systems you know they go hand in hand so why not stop the silly pedantics, you know the point I am making.

Edited by gandalf12