Boonsong saw prison doctor twice over weekend: lawyer

webfact

Boonsong saw prison doctor twice over weekend: lawyer

By The Nation

6165eabc7af74038e8608f6ea989c0da.jpg

Lawyer Narin Somneuk talks to reporters after he visits former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom at the Klong Prem Central Prison Monday.

BANGKOK: -- Former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom, who is facing a 42-year jail term for approving fake rice-export deals during the previous government’s tenure, fell ill over the weekend after spending his first days inside Bangkok’s Klong Prem central prison, his lawyer said on Monday.

Narin Somneuk said Boonsong had visited the prison’s doctor twice during the weekend, for high blood pressure and a sinus infection. 

The lawyer is preparing a second attempt to secure his client’s temporary release on bail of Bt30 million, after the Supreme Court rejected a first bail request on Friday.

Boonsong and 19 others were sentenced to jail terms of 24 to 48 years for their roles in bogus government-to-government export deals announced during the Yingluck Shinawatra-led administration’s rice-pledging scheme. 

The high court ruled that the defendants had violated multiple laws and caused Bt16.9 billion in financial damages to the state by selling more than 4 million tonnes of government-owned rice at a low price to domestic traders, instead of exporting the rice to China as announced under the fake G-to-G deals.

The Corrections Department said Boonsong’s health condition was not unusual for new prisoners, as he was under stress.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30325113

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-08-28

3 minutes ago, canopus1969 said:

Amazing how many jailbirds fall ill as soon as they are banged up   :whistling:

Just the rich and influential ones,they are the only ones you hear about,

the poor prisoners have just have to put up with it.

regards worgeordie

What a pity he didn't just have a few people killed while in office, then he could do a 'Kamnan Poh' and go straight to a luxury ward in hospital. 

Edited by longtom
edited for horrible spelling

18 minutes ago, longtom said:

What a pity he didn't just have a few people killed while in office, then he could do a 'Kamnan Poh' and go straight to a luxury ward in hospital. 

I have such a feeling that Kamnan Poh's hospital ward has been vacant for quite some time already

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"The Corrections Department said Boonsong’s health condition was not unusual for new prisoners, as he was under stress."

hope they prescribe sphincter muscle relaxant 

I hope he trys not to drop the soap. He could receive a unexpected rear door delivery!!!@@!! from bubba and somchai. enjoy your 42 year vacation. LOL. And remember you are in Linglucks prayers.

Edited by ovi1kanobi

I hope he trys not to drop the soap. He could receive a unexpected rear door delivery!!!@@!! from bubba and somchai. enjoy your 42 year vacation. LOL. And remember you are in Linglucks prayers.

It never takes long for the jail rape enthusiasts to feel the need to share their sordid little fantasies does it?

10 hours ago, ovi1kanobi said:

Please keep your sexual fantasies to yourself.

Clearly you have no idea about the inside of Thai prisons, or you wouldnt make stupid comments like that.

15 hours ago, canopus1969 said:

Amazing how many jailbirds fall ill as soon as they are banged up   :whistling:

I imagine you would take it like a man after recently being jailed for 42 years, being denied bail to fight your appeal and realising you may well die in the next few months without seeing your family.

I never could understand the celebration of one human being  , when seeing another human being fail. 

On 8/29/2017 at 10:44 AM, greenchair said:

I imagine you would take it like a man after recently being jailed for 42 years, being denied bail to fight your appeal and realising you may well die in the next few months without seeing your family.

I never could understand the celebration of one human being  , when seeing another human being fail. 

Why not when the corrupt mongrel had no qualms about betraying the trust put in him and stealing billions from the people of Thailand? Or does that sound a bit too much like someone else? Bail after conviction is not normal elsewhere, better he gets serving as he might not have 42 years in him.

BTW it is called schadenfreude.