Ships Begin To Fix Damaged Internet Cables

george

How is your internet connectivity?  

337 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My ping times:

Bangkok from Chiangmai University is 22 msec.

To Thaivisa it is 62 msec.

To a few sites I tested in the US, 1.5 seconds - normally would be around 300 msecs.

100mbps university backbone, 62mbps university to Bangkok pipe.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUE adsl Bangkok 512/256 circuit

413/206

Have done several times tonight and speeds are as good or better than normal. But the circuit is marginal as every 3rd or 4th time lose server, never loads, never completes load. It took two tries to get speed test both times I did it tonight. There must be a huge bit bucket out there tonight.

With all that bandwidth tied up in speed tests, no wonder it's slow for the rest of us. Stop it already!

:o

... and they say in the TT&T - shop to me >

better i bring my laptop in repair because it's my foul.

to read only this topic i have to connect 8 times...

sometimes i can't even PING to the next IP

with =NEOTRACE PRO = you can see "your way"

i loosing a lot

###### (no time for smilies)

The download and upload speeds do say something, but the "round trip" of a ping test is what I use to test different Web sites.

All US sites that I've accessed give round trip pings of 400 plus milliseconds. Usually between 500 and 1000 with plenty of time outs.

ThaiVisa round trips are around 50 milliseconds. Local servers around 20 milliseconds.

I use TT&T and CAT broadband services. The TT&T is currently the better of the 2 although it's the slower service when both are functioning to full capacity.

Koh Phangan 7 Dec, 2006

Last Result:

Download Speed: 121 kbps (15.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 71 kbps (8.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

Here is the result,

Last Result:

Download Speed: 1714 kbps (214.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 607 kbps (75.9 KB/sec transfer rate)

I'am in Pattaya and CAT as provider

but it doesn't mean anything if you don't know where is the test server..., you should try one local, one in the states,one in japan, one in europe.... and don't forget that Thailand (CAT monopole ) have less international bandwith than vietnam..., so traffic jams happens too...

Carl

Edited by carlbraun

Hi,

Here in Jomtien using CAT telecom on 2mbit connection:

results are:

Download Speed: 1633 kbps (204.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 547 kbps (68.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

results are not as bad as they have been this past week, trying to read emails, etc was a nightmare with at least 10 minutes between connections and actualy getting thte email open.

Falcon

I use the same service. These figures don't tell the true picture. You need to test your speeds to US and European sites to really know what's going on...and they are all still very slow.

Do a ping test to specific US sites and see what you get. Most sites I test are recording well above 400ms round trips...averaging over 600ms.

well I'm getting jealouse when I red some speads ...

I have goldcyber 1024/512 from TOT on phuket

but get about 250 down and 340 up ?? everytime i do the test this already 2 weeks

and I get disconnected connect again many time wich makes my friends on msn crazy

sometimes every minut the whole day long .. before between every 5 min or hour .. tot came after 3 months asking to check my line and now ok, disconnect only every hour ;-)

still have to pay my 1000 B every month... :o

changing to TT&T a better option ??

.... well ................. ................................. not...................... . ............... so.......... ..................... bad ........... if I want to have a ........................ .......................... .short............... ............snooze........................................................betwee

......................... ...... .......

[gateway_timeout]......... ######!