Jsat Tv

Donnyboy

Im about to move into a house next month and was going to get UBC, but I have read in the paper and on TV about some bad press regarding UBCs programming and repeats that I have re thought the whole pay tv thing. Ive looked up JSAT which looks ok, but it doesnt give me specifically the programmes I would like to see as they only supply the gear but not the programmes.

My question is this; have you got JSAT, do you like it, does it have the TV content you bought it for?

I would like to see the Rugby- Super 14 & Live Internationals, F1, Tennis, Americas Cup (when its on) BBC News, the odd footy match. News from NZ & Australia.

can anyone comment please? :o

Im about to move into a house next month and was going to get UBC, but I have read in the paper and on TV about some bad press regarding UBCs programming and repeats that I have re thought the whole pay tv thing. Ive looked up JSAT which looks ok, but it doesnt give me specifically the programmes I would like to see as they only supply the gear but not the programmes.

My question is this; have you got JSAT, do you like it, does it have the TV content you bought it for?

I would like to see the Rugby- Super 14 & Live Internationals, F1, Tennis, Americas Cup (when its on) BBC News, the odd footy match. News from NZ & Australia.

Had poor service from JSAT and also another similar provider. Get UBC if you can afford it or just stick w/ cable.

I had UBC for about 10 years, was fed up with the quality and finally bought a satelite system.

The dealer (not Jsat) installed it and I thought he had done a good job.

When new sofware became available Jsat offered all TV members a free upgrade, even non Jsat customers. I took my decoder to Jsat, in less than half an hour they upgraded my software and added several satelites + channels/satelite to my decoder, all for free.

Very interested in this topic.

I have UBC, I have no real complaints about it, the movies are good, they do repeat stuff, but what do you expect 24 hours of new shows 365 days a year ?? The signal drops out in lightning storms at times, but in 4 years the longest has been a couple of hours.

I want Jsat exclusively for the Oz ABC Asia pacific channel. Is there any way to get this channel without the huge Jsat dish and so on.

I know that with Jsat, it has to relocate the dish with every channel change, so you have delays between every change.

I also want to know if you can have both, Jsat and UBC on the same TV, probably different boxes, but change with the flick of a remote between UBC and Jsat for example. I do not want to have to be changing cables and shit to switch between them.

I had UBC for about 10 years, was fed up with the quality and finally bought a satelite system.

When new sofware became available Jsat offered all TV members a free upgrade, even non Jsat customers. I took my decoder to Jsat, in less than half an hour they upgraded my software and added several satelites + channels/satelite to my decoder, all for free.

thats good to hear rono,

do you know if you can pick up any Aus/NZ channels, and Formula 1, rugby aus/nz? Jsat doesnt have info on programming.

and interested to know if the signal drops out when it rains,

cheers :o

thats good to hear rono,

do you know if you can pick up any Aus/NZ channels, and Formula 1, rugby aus/nz? Jsat doesnt have info on programming.

and interested to know if the signal drops out when it rains,

cheers :o

F1 is shown live on UBC

NRL,Super14 and Aussie Rules are shown on ABC Asia Pacific. (about 9-10 games a weekend in total)

I have both Sat and UBC.The satelite has a few more channels than UBC, but it starts breaking up as soon as there is low cloud cover or rain.

I have UBC, I have no real complaints about it, the movies are good, they do repeat stuff, but what do you expect 24 hours of new shows 365 days a year ?? The signal drops out in lightning storms at times, but in 4 years the longest has been a couple of hours.

I want Jsat exclusively for the Oz ABC Asia pacific channel. Is there any way to get this channel without the huge Jsat dish and so on.

I know that with Jsat, it has to relocate the dish with every channel change, so you have delays between every change.

I also want to know if you can have both, Jsat and UBC on the same TV, probably different boxes, but change with the flick of a remote between UBC and Jsat for example. I do not want to have to be changing cables and shit to switch between them.

some corrections: you only have to move the dish when you change satelite, agila on Ku band shows all the ubc channels and lot more (over 50 channels on agila). You can buy a receiver with card slot and a ubc card although I dont see the purpose of buying the yearly card when you can watch the same channels for free on ...Go to jsat website and click on satelites..agila..you will see all the channels listed.

Further questions you can ask jsat ( they have expat engineers)

Really....so your saying you CAN watch UBC on the Jsat satellite ?? I presume this is pirated surely and surely UBC put in place, will put in place, or check regulalry and update technology to stop people doing this.

I have no problem with it, just like pirated dvd's, but want to know the longevity of it I guess.

Really....so your saying you CAN watch UBC on the Jsat satellite ?? I presume this is pirated surely and surely UBC put in place, will put in place, or check regulalry and update technology to stop people doing this.

I have no problem with it, just like pirated dvd's, but want to know the longevity of it I guess.

UBC only has the rights to distribute some channels in thailand, you can watch the real ubc on thaicom satelite provided you buy the ubc card. Agila is from Philippine where UBC has no say so its not pirated and there is nothing UBC can do about it, legally nor technically. The agila signal is normally scrambled however my decoder has the software to automatically find the codes to descramble. The only difference with UBC is that you will get advertising during breaks, but rather have advertising than the stupid UBC music.

simple.

The jsat can lock into a load of satellites that have many channels but agila has the best english selection. You can change the channel as many times as you want on the satellite you have selected and it will not move the dish and only takes a second. The only time the dish moves is when you choose another satellite. The ubc on your jsat is when you buy a ubc package and they give you a card to put in your set top box card slot and you now have ubc you just have to set it up.

UBC is only one of three Thai cable TV subscription networks on the Thaicom 2/3 satellites. The others being the NBT network [with the New Zealand Nickelodean on it as well] and the SMILE Network [both of course also Thai networks].

All of which require subscription cards to view their programming.

If you have a valid subscription to any one of these networks or some of the other 30 odd payTV networks across the region you can insert the subscription card into a set top box and in most case view that network as you would on a small fixed dish.

A small sample of these networks can be found on this link;

http://www.jsat.tv/networks.htm

So to assume JSAT.tv pirate UBC this is not a good thing [but a neat story never the less, and great for sales enquiries, but a fairy story never the less], as that means our users would face an THB 800,000 fine and up to two years in jail, something we would never put our customers through, would you?

As mentioned above we are not a cable TV provider, we simply provide the equipment for you to watch and listen to over 1,200 TV and Radio channels on over 30 satellites and the choice is yours to what you want to watch, weither it be UBC with a subscription card, or BBC or ABC without a card as these like another 1,200 channels are free to air.

In no order what you ask for is all free to air and here are some of the screen dumps (as I do not have them all]

Tennis - all ATP free to air on Panamsat 2

atp.jpg

Rugby - super 14's, 6 nations, HK 7's, etc, FTA on Panamsat 8 and Panamsat 2

s14.jpg

TVNZ One news daily 1pm Thai time - free to air on Panamsat 2

tvnz%200503.jpg

Cricket, Superbowl, WWE, Bull riding, NASCAR, F1, A1, FIM Bikes, MotoGP and most things you can think of, even Sky Sports News every night at 9:15 our time all Free To Air (no subscription card needed).. read our message board if you want more details;

http://www.jsat.tv/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

Edited by jsat

Excellent Topic! I have been seriously toying with the idea of getting rid my UBC set up. As they don't show enough live tennis, and most certainly not Womens' tennis! When I have been in Pattaya, I have seen people watching Eurosport and a few other sports channels that seem to show tennis; and rather refreshingly the other day I caught some of the ABC broadcast. How much would you say for a very good set up, with tennis and possibly a French channel in mind?

Excellent Topic! I have been seriously toying with the idea of getting rid my UBC set up. As they don't show enough live tennis, and most certainly not Womens' tennis! When I have been in Pattaya, I have seen people watching Eurosport and a few other sports channels that seem to show tennis; and rather refreshingly the other day I caught some of the ABC broadcast. How much would you say for a very good set up, with tennis and possibly a French channel in mind?

marquess: Attention, after a very nice contact with Jsat, they don't responds and they have a MSM also there, they are strange (not unfriendly but strange).

Maybe just moving a dish and recommendation is to less profit?

Anyway even it was nice on the beginning I must give someone else the job for moving the dish and can not buy my upgrades......

What happens if there is a problem with their things?

Can I reach them?

I want to move my old dish and may upgrade it, but you (JSat) seems to not receive my private message.

Check their website, msn or call them, i never had problems contacting them by msn.

cheers, rono

marquess: Attention, after a very nice contact with Jsat, they don't responds and they have a MSM also there, they are strange (not unfriendly but strange).

Maybe just moving a dish and recommendation is to less profit?

Anyway even it was nice on the beginning I must give someone else the job for moving the dish and can not buy my upgrades......

What happens if there is a problem with their things?

Can I reach them?

You are right this is totally my fault, and the blame stops here as I said to you in a PM, and thanks for this posting saying I did not responded to your PM, else I would not have known it was there.

As to relocating a dish from one property to another, we have no problem with this at all, and are more than happy to schedule it to be done (but I assume from your comments we cocked this up 100% and you have moved it already or it is about to moved from one property to another property, by another company).

Sorry you have me a tad lost as to what upgrades you need to buy, as 99% of them are free, as other users in this thread have already made comment above.

The last time we spoke in PM it was about the possibility of you purchasing an angelbox (not free, nor a firmware upgrade per-say, but an new set top box and extra C Band fixed dish), which have now some six months later after that PM, been supassed by the "EBOX"

So what happens if there are problems?

Depends on which side of the fence you sit on (smile). For the first three months after any new install we will provide free service (no one else does this in Thailand) where we even replace equipment without question in most cases.

What else happens?

On our web site we have a special section called the "Support Section" (please see http://www.jsat.tv/support.htm ) and in here you will find a document called the "Call Out Form". This section also asks our customers and non-customers like your good self to simply click on the link and print this page out and fax or email it back to us for immediate action. I am sorry as I do not log on here to Thai Visa that often - re the missed PM nor am I on the end of the PC back in Thailand, and this is where I rely on my staff to provide the service you expect.

Never the less my fault and my apologies.

Ok, some stuff:

You can use a smaller dish, but the best chance of ABC Asia Pacific is on the Indonesian Telkom Sat, rather than Pas 8. The Angle for Pas 8 is very low to the horizon. You will probably still need a 5 foot dish as its C-Band not Ku band.

Ok, some stuff:

You can use a smaller dish, but the best chance of ABC Asia Pacific is on the Indonesian Telkom Sat, rather than Pas 8. The Angle for Pas 8 is very low to the horizon. You will probably still need a 5 foot dish as its C-Band not Ku band.

Indeed a good option and a 1.65m dish will work really well on here.

However you will also need to acquire a subscription card from the TelkomVision network who provide this service, as it is not free to air.

ABC AP, ABC Pacific and ABC India (same programmes but time shifted for each time zone) can be found on the following satellites here in Asia (mostly on subscription)

Panamsat 2

Panamsat 8

Measat 2 (UBC sized dish, but need to subscribe to their network - see satthai.tv for a sub card)

Agila 2 (Dream Satellite TV)

Palapa C2 (Muricam Network)

Cakrawarta 1 (Indovision) (* baby dish, stb & dish not available in Thailand)

Telkom 1 (TelkomVision)

AsiaSat 3S (Zee Telefilms HITS)

NSS 6 (Dish TV)

Depending on where you are in Thailand, many of the local cable TV companies carry ABC AP as it is one of the channels the Thai Cable TV Assoc. did a bulk re-distribution agreement for when the law changed last year.

Edited by jsat

I spoke to JSAT staff who told me WWE goes out on FTA but I could not find any channel on my JSAT supplied box that airs it. Also, my system no longer auto decodes my DREAM TV. (I have to manually enter a code every two hours or so).If I take it to a JSAT office, can they update it to auto decode?

What is the cost of UBC via Jsat, is it exactly the same monthly cost ??

As with most things, you seem to offer many and varied packages and with 1200 channels involved, what is the chance of you simplifying it for us.

I am not at all interested in the Indian, Chinese, Indonesian channels. I do want UBC and any other possible good movie channels, documentary stuff that is not on UBC. I also most of all want ABC Asia Pacific.

So for best overall coverage of these, what is best package and cost.

Also what is the cost for setting up to a second TV.

Are the Thai channels still available through the system, such as they are on UBC and get better reception.

Lastly, is it possible to have it setup so that you can watch Thai TV on one TV and other channels on the other at the same time. We currently have this with UBC.

UBC only has the rights to distribute some channels in thailand, you can watch the real ubc on thaicom satelite provided you buy the ubc card. Agila is from Philippine where UBC has no say so its not pirated and there is nothing UBC can do about it, legally nor technically. The agila signal is normally scrambled however my decoder has the software to automatically find the codes to descramble. The only difference with UBC is that you will get advertising during breaks, but rather have advertising than the stupid UBC music.

simple.

Ok, so if I understand you correctly, you watch the same channels as UBC, except on the Agila 2 satellite (Dream network) for free, via a decoder that unscambles automatically. What decoder setup is that ?

I spoke to JSAT staff who told me WWE goes out on FTA but I could not find any channel on my JSAT supplied box that airs it. Also, my system no longer auto decodes my DREAM TV. (I have to manually enter a code every two hours or so).If I take it to a JSAT office, can they update it to auto decode?

You should have the L312 software, the older (last year) version indeed cannot auto update. Jsat has done my update for free last year.

What is the cost of UBC via Jsat, is it exactly the same monthly cost ??

As with most things, you seem to offer many and varied packages and with 1200 channels involved, what is the chance of you simplifying it for us.

I am not at all interested in the Indian, Chinese, Indonesian channels. I do want UBC and any other possible good movie channels, documentary stuff that is not on UBC. I also most of all want ABC Asia Pacific.

So for best overall coverage of these, what is best package and cost.

Also what is the cost for setting up to a second TV.

Are the Thai channels still available through the system, such as they are on UBC and get better reception.

Lastly, is it possible to have it setup so that you can watch Thai TV on one TV and other channels on the other at the same time. We currently have this with UBC.

The thai channels are on thaicom 2,3 C & Ku band, the "official" UBC are also on thaicom. The free "UBC" channels are on agila 2 Ku band. This means you need a movable dish with C & Ku LNB.

If you want to watch 2 different tv channels and they are on 2 different satellites on 2 tvs like hbo on agila 2 and thai tv on thaicom 2&3 then you would need 2 set top boxes with 2 movable dishes. But correct me if I am wrong :o

Scotsman, well i cannot correct you, cos I have no idea really.

But we have a TV upstairs and one downstairs. We can watch thai TV dowstairs while watching UBC upstairs. We can watch UBC up and down or Thai up and down.

However, when watching UBC upstairs and UBC downstairs, if one changes the channel, then both TV's change channel.

I would presume that the Jsat setup will allow the same deal.

But your comment makes sense, if you want two seperate shows from 2 different sattelites, then seems that you would need 2 dishes and boxes.

The thai channels are on thaicom 2,3 C & Ku band, the "official" UBC are also on thaicom. The free "UBC" channels are on agila 2 Ku band. This means you need a movable dish with C & Ku LNB.

Whats this...what UBC channels are free ?? are there more channels out there that we do not see on the normal UBC system ??

I dont know what set up you have for your tv"s or the package you have for your ubc but if its cable then it might work like you said. But if its on a dish then it cant be done without 2 set top boxes for ubc. Thats the only way you can watch 2 different channels on the same dish at the same time. The jsat is a different set up from your ubc satellite package becase its just a set top box decoder and a fixed or moving dish that has many different satellites with loads of tv channels from different countrys and one of the satellite picks up a load of tv channels that ubc has on agila 2 and its free. I hope that will help you understand how jsat works. :o