Moderators And Accountability

Dutchy2

I noticed one week ago that the posting permissions of my original acount Dutchy had been removed. I was naturally surprised and send a message to George with the question why, I later sent a separate mail message from the board to the administrators but have not received any reply.

I can imagine that administrators need to manage this board but is a reply too much work? I personally do think that the one famous administrator who has difficulties writing one than one line is responsible for this action. That might also explain why I didn't receive a reply as this would go beyond one line.

I find this kind of behavior very disappointing, the board owner does not seem to realize that quality management works both ways...

Dutchy

Dutchy,

I can't comment on your specific case, but I can confirm that the moderators of the board work very hard with little or no benefits to maintain this valuable resource. It's not always possible to reply to specific items such as you have, in my experience the poster probably knows all the answers to his questions already, the rules here are common sense.

Don't take it too personally, welcome back, use your account in a positive way and I'm sure you won't have any more problems.

Regards

J

I can confirm that the Moderators and Administrators have got together and agreed that no further such action will be taken without a full explanation being given. If anything has perviously occured to you without notice being given, then it was an oversight or a glitch and I apologise on behalf of the Moderating board.

Buying Poperty From The Bank (Pages 1 2 )

Dutchy Posted on: Fri 2004-06-18, 14:30:50

Views: 442 Anti Thai sentiment removed.

Forum: Jobs, job search, economy, banking, business and investment in Thailand

This post has been edited by dr_Pat_Pong on Fri 2004-06-18, 20:51:46

-----

I have never seen any posting from Dutchy, which should justify a ban on him....

No idea, what was written by him which might be a

Anti-Thai-Sentiment....

What is the definition of an 'Anti-Thai-Sentiment'? I think, he should receive a message, explaining exactly the reason, why he is banned....

-----

About STROLL, I have to point out, that his questionable 'joke' or whatever was only 30 minutes in the internet, and he edited (erased) it by himself.

It took several days to post a message by an administrator to explain, why he was banned....

-----

I myself was banned about at the same time, and received some days later a PM, that my posting rights are now restored.... no warning, no reason, no explication.....I did not find any editing of my postings, either.

Some members think, my postings are long, very long, too long, annoyingly stubborn, repetative and at the wrong place at the wrong time - But as far as I read the comments, all agreed, (even one administrator told me that in a PM), that this would not be a reason for banning or editing.

I still did not receive any clear explication, with reference to the related posting, why I was banned.

I think, administrators should improve their way of information towards the members.

Buying Poperty From The Bank (Pages 1 2 )

Dutchy Posted on: Fri 2004-06-18, 14:30:50

Views: 442 Anti Thai sentiment removed.

Forum: Jobs, job search, economy, banking, business and investment in Thailand

This post has been edited by dr_Pat_Pong on Fri 2004-06-18, 20:51:46

-----

I have never seen any posting from Dutchy, which should justify a ban on him....

No idea, what was written by him which might be a

Anti-Thai-Sentiment....

What is the definition of an 'Anti-Thai-Sentiment'? I think, he should receive a message, explaining exactly the reason, why he is banned....

-----

If anything has perviously occured to you without notice being given, then it was an oversight or a glitch and I apologise on behalf of the Moderating board. writes p1p.

I appreciate this reply, especially because the character that removed my posting permissions doesn't dare to step forward. I'd be very interested in knowing what I'm supposed to have written that can be considered as anti Thai sentiment.

Yohann, thanks for posting this. I already expected that the dear Dr. was the cause of this little problem, that he didn't provide any reply says enough. The readers better be aware now, any critical comments on the Dr. will be considered as Anti-Thai-Sentiment... It seems the Dr. views Thailand's dear leader as a big personal example.

The words of the dear Dr. "He really was one bastard of a man. Good point about the good dying young" about THANOM KITTIKACHORN in http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11920&hl=

were not really appreciated by some of my Thai acquaintances. Thai nationals

somehow understand Anti-Thai-Sentiment differently as foreign "Drs" on this board. I didn't report this message to the moderators as the ones involved do not bother replying anyway. I do however feel that the foreign community should give a positive impression to our host country and anti Thai sentiment and sensitive issues should be avoided.. And my humble opinion is that moderators should play a role here...

Dutchy

...which might be why your post was deleted.

Sorry, not trying to be clever, just thought I finish the sentence before somebody else does. The editing of mods is usually justified, they are rather lenient a lot of the time.

I don't know what it originally said, but I think everybody deserves some explanation when being banned/suspended, specially when they had been a reasonable poster for some time before, most people make mistakes some time or other.

As p1p stated above, this is policy now, you were unlucky it happened before, but I know exactly how you feel.