Japanese Tourist Raped

sbk

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Japanese tourist raped

PATONG (Kom Chad Luek): Police yesterday charged a parasail boat employee at Patong Beach for the rape of a Japanese tourist.

The rape was reported to Pol Capt Padungpong Dooksookkaew at Kathu Police Station at 1 am yesterday.

The victim, a 24-year-old woman from Japan, told police that she was staying at a hotel on Rat-U-Thit 200 Pi Rd. While sunbathing at Patong Beach, she met a parasail boat employee who agreed to take her nightclubbing in Phuket City.

Later, after he picked her up on his motorbike, the man said he had forgotten something at home. When they reached his room, in a house for parasail staff on 50 Pi Rd, he forced himself upon her, police said.

After he let her go, the woman hired a motorbike taxi and reported the crime to the police. She was taken to Patong Hospital, where doctors confirmed she had been raped.

The rapist was identified as Somchai Thongyoo, 30, from Ao Luk District in Krabi.

Arrested at his home by a team of Kathu Police led by Pol Maj Serm Kwannimit, Somchai initially denied all charges.

He confessed only after the victim picked him out of a police line-up, police said.

In his confession, Somchai said that he was attracted to the victim. Given that she had agreed to go out with him in Phuket City, he thought the feeling was mutual.

However, after she resisted his advances he decided to rape her as he thought that she would not report the incident to the police.

Somchai was charged with raping a woman not his wife.

Source: The Phuket Gazette

this sounds very similar to a story last year. i think the girl met a muso in a pub. they went to his house to 'get something' and he raped her.

why oh why do these men think that its ok to force themselves on a woman who is obviously saying NO? why cant they tell the difference between someone who is 'into it' and someone who is clearly in distress?

idiot. cut off his little willy, fry it with garlic and pepper and feed it to the ducks i say.

why oh why do these men think that its ok to force themselves on a woman who is obviously saying NO? why cant they tell the difference between someone who is 'into it' and someone who is clearly in distress?

Maybe because he knows there will be little in the way of repercussions in regards to the Thai law.

Sorry for that Lady. But how you can force yourself on a woman when she is wriggling about is something I find hard to understand....I find it difficult enough to penetrate when the lady wants me to.....!

I really do not beleive you said that - why not go all the way and say she really wanted it!

Even dumb idiots know that rape is almost always violent …..You know Hitting, biting, strangling

The real fact is that these goons know they can get away with it as the victim goes home and the poor little Thai ass gets released on bail…..Rapists should get serious prison time…at the least

My complete sympathy to the victim…horrific memories that sadly will be with her for her entire life

:o

I think Luckydog's response was supposed to be jovial/jokey. Sadly this seems to be the response of a lot of men. IMHO if you don't condemn the action, you condone it.

Hope the woman gets some support to recover from what is a violating and humiliating act from a coward.

how you can force yourself on a woman when she is wriggling about is something I find hard to understand....I find it difficult enough to penetrate when the lady wants me to.....!

my boyfriend is actually smaller than me and if he wanted to he could easily rape someone of my size- men have a lot of muscle in general and women are soft. also rape is more about power than about sex, so the guy gets off on holding the woman down- some rapists have a hard time keeping an erection because that is not what it's really about. jokes about that are totally insensitive.

.....Is that how it is defined? So it must be okay to rape his wife...............?

Strange. But the victim had a lot of courage to report it and at tleast the police were quick to deal with it.

.....Is that how it is defined? So it must be okay to rape his wife...............?

Strange. But the victim had a lot of courage to report it and at tleast the police were quick to deal with it.

Apparently yes, it is alright to rape one's wife. And this is a recent decision as well. Quite sad really.

Terrible for the victim, lets hope justice is done in this case.

Sorry for that Lady. But how you can force yourself on a woman when she is wriggling about is something I find hard to understand....I find it difficult enough to penetrate when the lady wants me to.....!

Luckydog - sounds like you do not believe in such a thing as rape?

Substitute "rapists" for "men" and your words make perfect sense.

Mr. Rosner has always found Japanese Women to be yummy but has never had to force himself on one. Mr. Rosner has had to fight them off with a stick a few times. According to a female writer to the letters section of the BP this week, Thais are taught that women are second-class and it is their fault if they are showing too much skin.

Mr. Rosner has always found Japanese Women to be yummy but has never had to force himself on one. Mr. Rosner has had to fight them off with a stick a few times. According to a female writer to the letters section of the BP this week, Thais are taught that women are second-class and it is their fault if they are showing too much skin.

Ohh Rozner , you've done it again.

I find it very sad that so many of these threads regarding the assault of a woman are reduced to meaningless twaddle by ignorant men who somehow think rape is funny.

I really do not beleive you said that - why not go all the way and say she really wanted it!

't would appear you may have read the words, but not understood what was written.

Luckydog said:

1) he is sorry for the lady it happened to.

2) he has trouble understanding how it can happen when the girl is trying to fight her way out.

THEN:

He has trouble entering his wife when she wants it (probably she is a small woman)

Hope that clears it up. Easy enough mistake.

Edited by pgs

"In his confession, Somchai said that he was attracted to the victim. Given that she had agreed to go out with him in Phuket City, he thought the feeling was mutual."

The feeling was probably mutual and if he'd of taken her out clubbing as promised and treated her with respect he'd of probably got what he wanted by consent.

Stick the little weasles <deleted> in a vice and give the handle a small clockwise turn every half hour.

't would appear you may have read the words, but not understood what was written.

Luckydog said:

1) he is sorry for the lady it happened to.

2) he has trouble understanding how it can happen when the girl is trying to fight her way out.

THEN:

He has trouble entering his wife when she wants it (probably she is a small woman)

Hope that clears it up. Easy enough mistake.

Much obliged to you for that PGS.

Another reason why Phuket is becoming a pool of violence, sex crimes, corruption and all the ugly things that people came to avoid.

its no wonder expats are leaving phuket in droves. Phuket is going down hill very fast

Edited by tarzan1

Yeah I do. But I find it difficult to understand why it is SO awful for any woman, who has had lots of sex before?

Incidentally,I know one Thai lady who says she begged her rapist to put on the condom she handed him in case he had HIV/Aids!

However, of course I don't condone it.

I am gobsmacked that in 'civilized' society, one could have such an lack of understanding of rape. Rape is a violation of human rights. It is taking something without consent. It leaves the victim with a feeling of helplessness, violation, disrespect of their basic rights, and emotional damage, both in the short and long term. That is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the mixed feelings followed by any violent act on your person, not to mention the possible physical damage, such as risk of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. How can anyone from western society honestly be so ignorant of this is beyond me.

I find it very sad that so many of these threads regarding the assault of a woman are reduced to meaningless twaddle by ignorant men who somehow think rape is funny.
Indeed.

I noticed the bit about the "not his wife" too. As a male, I now understand why women get so p*ssed off about these things. The good thing about this is that the woman had the strength to report him. At least he will not rape again anytime soon. She will have least the knowledge that she saved someone else the pain of this.

The good thing about this is that the woman had the strength to report him. At least he will not rape again anytime soon. She will have least the knowledge that she saved someone else the pain of this.

I wouldnt go betting your house on that !