Tt&t Maxnet Premium

freakomaddog

Anyone having international connection issues with this provider, by the way i am in Maesai, i switch to this package recently to get better international link and lately its real bad, real bad, latency close to 1 sec, did a traceroute and found the following hops creating the problems: 202.47.254.161, 202.47.253.148 (by the way these hops are located inside thailand) wonder what those techies at TT&T is doing. Hope someone from TT&T is reading this cos its no point calling them , cant converse with them , thanks for any feed back u guys may have.

Same problem in Pattaya (Maxnet@life).

202.47.254.161 is the International Internet Gateway (IIG) from CAT, our friendly monopoly supplying the international connectivity to the ISP's :D

inetnum: 202.47.252.0 - 202.47.254.255

netname: CAT-IIGservice

descr: CAT TELECOM Data Comm. Dept, Intrenet Office

descr: ***send spam abuse to [email protected]***

admin-c: TC476-AP

tech-c: IC174-AP

changed: [email protected] 20040928

mnt-by: MAINT-TH-THIX-CAT

source: APNIC

So that means that it is outside the hands of the Maxnet technicians :o

Anyone having international connection issues with this provider, by the way i am in Maesai, i switch to this package recently to get better international link and lately its real bad, real bad, latency close to 1 sec, did a traceroute and found the following hops creating the problems: 202.47.254.161, 202.47.253.148 (by the way these hops are located inside thailand) wonder what those techies at TT&T is doing. Hope someone from TT&T is reading this cos its no point calling them , cant converse with them , thanks for any feed back u guys may have.

What does "international connection issues " mean in lay man terms, I am on TT&T maxnet life 1024/512 in pattaya.? (sorry I m not techie at all, that why i ask for simple explain in a basic way this).

what are the implications of this?

I noticed an email i sent and I think the only way I discovered this was I CC'ed myself on it ( perhaps a different email address in CC) and I was checking my spam trap which I do every day or 2), and I noticed out of my I think outbound emails was blocked by TT&T or something... I was in a rush so I did not look hard but will check it out again.

My work into europe is dependent on email and voip phone, so if emails are going missing etc then serious problems for me.

Thanks

gerry

Same problem in Pattaya (Maxnet@life).

202.47.254.161 is the International Internet Gateway (IIG) from CAT, our friendly monopoly supplying the international connectivity to the ISP's :D

inetnum: 202.47.252.0 - 202.47.254.255

netname: CAT-IIGservice

descr: CAT TELECOM Data Comm. Dept, Intrenet Office

descr: ***send spam abuse to [email protected]***

admin-c: TC476-AP

tech-c: IC174-AP

changed: [email protected] 20040928

mnt-by: MAINT-TH-THIX-CAT

source: APNIC

So that means that it is outside the hands of the Maxnet technicians :D

would you please elaborate on that Monty? i have no idea what it means. Maxnet problems now really unbearable.

:o

What does "international connection issues " mean in lay man terms, I am on TT&T maxnet life 1024/512 in pattaya.? (sorry I m not techie at all, that why i ask for simple explain in a basic way this).

what are the implications of this?

I noticed an email i sent and I think the only way I discovered this was I CC'ed myself on it ( perhaps a different email address in CC) and I was checking my spam trap which I do every day or 2), and I noticed out of my I think outbound emails was blocked by TT&T or something... I was in a rush so I did not look hard but will check it out again.

My work into europe is dependent on email and voip phone, so if emails are going missing etc then serious problems for me.

Thanks

gerry

Thailand's internet connectivity is bad and will remain bad for a while to come. However, emails going missing is not related to that.

If you want to make sure your email gets delivered, use a gmail or other webmail account. You are accessing these websites through the browser and the actual email servers which send the emails off are in the U.S.

Then again, your email server is most likely outside of Thailand anyway.

So if there is an issue with connectivity from Thailand -> (wherever your email server is) then you will not be able to send emails in the first place - it will just fail. If, on the other hand, you can send an email off, that means the email made it to the server and the server is now responsible for delivering it.

yes, my business emails are all webmail with .ie domain however I do use MS outlook, as opposed to going in online to the web mail site and log in.. would outlook make a difference over the direct browser method of accessing web mail?

would you please elaborate on that Monty? i have no idea what it means. Maxnet problems now really unbearable.

Simply put, most of the ISP's in Thailand have to buy international bandwidth from the CAT (Communications authority of Thailand).

Currently MAxnet's servers are performing normally, but when you need content located outside of Thailand (most content!), your ISP has to request the servers from the CAT to retrieve that content, since the CAT is the only organization which has access to content outside of Thailand.

So when CAT's servers (also called the IIG or International Internet Gateway) there's nothing much Maxnet can do apart from complain to the CAT!

Welcome to the land of monopolies...