Any Thoughts For My Situation

lambous

Hi,

Heres the background

I have just turned 21 and from Australia. I first visited Thailand for new year 03/04 and since that time I have made several more trips from Australia. In total I've clocked up a few months in Thailand where I always seem to have a positive time.

During my recent visit I met a local girl (Ja-Oh)who is the same age and is also a university student like myself. We get on great, her English is better than many Aussies i guess due to the fact that shes spent a year each in USA & New Zealand on exchange programs.

Ja-Oh will complete university in March and has won a scolarship to study postgraduate in Manchester beginning October next year.

I do like Ja-Oh a lot but she has grown too attatched under the circumstances as I only met her during my last couple of weeks in Bangkok. I have been back here in Australia for a week and chat to her on msn everyday. She tells me I'm only the 2nd guy shes slept with, the first being an american who she was with for a year during her time in the US. She tells me that her ex bf got together with her best friend from the US 2 days after she returned to Thailand and this hurt her a lot.

I am now studying Thai language at uni here in Oz and plan to return to bangkok for a year of study at Chualalongkorn in 2005 which happens to be the same uni shes at. Ja-Oh is aware of my plans and excited although we must part ways when she goes to the UK in October. Although now shes expressing keeness to have a break from study and to change plans.

Ja-Oh recently said she would visit me here in Australia this October during her holidays which in my mind confirms her seriousness about me.

To my horror I have just learned from a close friend of hers that she has attempted to commit suicide by driving into a canal. I have also been told that she has leukemia and only 2 years to live. Her friend is now at the hospital after being told that Ja-Oh has woken up. This is the only info I have on her condition. No one in Thailand knows about the leukemia except for this close friend not even her parents. Her ex bf in the US knows and i was also told in the same conversation that Ja-Oh just found out from another friend in the US that he had been cheating on her with the earlier mentioned girl after learning about Ja-Oh's condition.

I am now lost as to what to do. This is like a nightmare. I'm asking myself if I can go back and be with ja-Oh starting a relationship knowing that I am going to lose her. I don't know if i'm strong enough for that. But i realise that she is so happy when she is with me and i want the ending of her life to be happy.

Any thoughts? anyone been in a similar situation? What is the best thing I can do for either of us?

I've already written so much. Ja-Oh keeps a diary online at www.billdiary.com/ja-oh/ If you read what she has written over the last few days you will be able to relate a bit better.

Hi,

Heres the background

I have just turned 21 and from Australia. I first visited Thailand for new year 03/04 and since that time I have made several more trips from Australia. In total I've clocked up a few months in Thailand where I always seem to have a positive time.

During my recent visit I met a local girl (Ja-Oh)who is the same age and is also a university student like myself. We get on great, her English is better than many Aussies i guess due to the fact that shes spent a year each in USA & New Zealand on exchange programs.

Ja-Oh will complete university in March and has won a scolarship to study postgraduate in Manchester beginning October next year.

I do like Ja-Oh a lot but she has grown too attatched under the circumstances as I only met her during my last couple of weeks in Bangkok. I have been back here in Australia for a week and chat to her on msn everyday. She tells me I'm only the 2nd guy shes slept with, the first being an american who she was with for a year during her time in the US. She tells me that her ex bf got together with her best friend from the US 2 days after she returned to Thailand and this hurt her a lot.

I am now studying Thai language at uni here in Oz and plan to return to bangkok for a year of study at Chualalongkorn in 2005 which happens to be the same uni shes at. Ja-Oh is aware of my plans and excited although we must part ways when she goes to the UK in October. Although now shes expressing keeness to have a break from study and to change plans.

Ja-Oh recently said she would visit me here in Australia this October during her holidays which in my mind confirms her seriousness about me.

To my horror I have just learned from a close friend of hers that she has attempted to commit suicide by driving into a canal. I have also been told that she has leukemia and only 2 years to live. Her friend is now at the hospital after being told that Ja-Oh has woken up. This is the only info I have on her condition. No one in Thailand knows about the leukemia except for this close friend not even her parents. Her ex bf in the US knows and i was also told in the same conversation that Ja-Oh just found out from another friend in the US that he had been cheating on her with the earlier mentioned girl after learning about Ja-Oh's condition.

I am now lost as to what to do. This is like a nightmare. I'm asking myself if I can go back and be with ja-Oh starting a relationship knowing that I am going to lose her. I don't know if i'm strong enough for that. But i realise that she is so happy when she is with me and i want the ending of her life to be happy.

Any thoughts? anyone been in a similar situation? What is the best thing I can do for either of us?

I've already written so much. Ja-Oh keeps a diary online at www.billdiary.com/ja-oh/ If you read what she has written over the last few days you will be able to relate a bit better.

Another gem for the troll quarantine thread. :D

priceless :o

Mind you, much better than the novel I've been reading for a month now.

We might be on to something here. Thai Visa could make some money by compiling some of the most hilarious threads into pocketbook form and sell it in airport kiosks.

From the website:

To Sam,thanks for suggesting me to suicide myself. I will do it soon,I promise.U r the first guy I love. it's good for you to stay with Botan. Be patient,I think one day she will really loves and cares you.

Highly unstable and definitely worth avoiding. If the ship's going down it's not worth boarding it.

It DOES happen that people get desperate and kill themselves over fatal illnesses here.

I knew of a Thai either with some sort of malignant cancer or HIV (not sure about the situation). He was living with a farang boyfriend who had been taking care of his medical bills- and the farang ran out of money. So he jumped out of their 11th floor apartment balcony to his death . I don't feel qualified to judge a terminally ill person for his choices.

"Steven"

Now this girl ja-oh got a life wauw...

look at the diary posts :o fallen in love on the 26 august, broken up on the 27th, got leukemia on the 28 and wants to kill herself on the 29th..

now ain't that a crash course in life :D

i would say for the poor sod who likes her ... be quick.... :D