Where Is The Best Place To Live In Bangkok

realmadrid25

I am undecided. I like all of the following areas:

Soi Sala Daeng

Soi Lang Suan

Phrom Pong

Soi Thong Lo

And then sometimes I think I am entirely better off if I avoid buying a condo central bangkok and instead build a nice house somewhere around the Bangkapi area.

Right now, Soi Lang Suan is leading the pack because its an attractive soi where you dont mind going for a walk, is not noisy, is close to both silom and sukhumwit and siam shopping district. Keep mind I am a driver.

Where do you live and why do you like it over the other areas?

I vote for Soi Langsuan as a very top neighborhood in Bangkok :o

Lumpini Park is on one end of the soi and the flagship Central department store and Chidlom Skytrain station is on the other end...

just a side note for your info, they demolished the old Lumba Lumba seafood place (and next door 7-11) and are now preparing to construct a convenient 4 story "Portico" ...I think that will add to the convenience and attractiveness of the soi... (the 7-11 is moving to the Bank Thai building)....

Portico

the Starbucks in a renovated older house is very nice...

the Lenotre cafe is great...

the Calderazzo Bistro in front of Marriott Mayfair is nice...

the Villa supermarket (on the soi) and the Central Chidlom supermarket and Food Loft (at the end of the soi) are great!

they are also completely revamping the Mercury Tower retail podium (and the Unico building podium) at (and near) the corner of Ploenchit/Langsuan....

but unfortunately, they are preparing to close and demolish the AdMakers place and construct a building there... I will miss AdMakers...

they are also building a hi-rise condo in between the Marriott Mayfair and the Grand Langsuan, which might be a nice place when finished....