No Less Then Death Penalty For Hanna's Murderer

MustaphaMond

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is possible to see that justice is done. Will anyone help me to attend hearings, show a cohesive presence and attempt to lobby the court so as to assure the death penalty in this case?

[/quote

Sorry, don't believe in the death penalty. He should be locked up for life and the key thrown away, a far better punishment in my view.

what on earth makes you think that trying to lobby the court with a "cohesive presence" will make any difference whatsoever to the outcome of the trial ?

p.s. there are no public galleries inside thai courtrooms

Because I know from experience that every little thing one does, in some way always affects something else and that these ripples expand with time and effort and soon something..changes.

And I already have changed things- many many times, things that I was told could not be changed- by those too afraid to try.

I also know that doing nothing is not an acceptable alternative. If we can' t get into courtroom, we can stand outside. If we can't stand outside we can write letters, we can appeal to the press.

Maybe a bikini rally where we all wear bikinis, men and women! And then mockenly stab each other, eh?

That will get some action !

Have you really thought this through?

I know that the Thai justice system has many faults, but I'd still be totally shocked and disappointed if public gatherings in a courtroom were able to sway a judges decision on whether to sentence a man to death.

Notwithstanding the invlovement of Thaksin in the case of the rape and murder of the Welsh girl a while back the penalty will fit the crime in accordance with Thai law. The moment the legal system starts being swayed by baying mobs is the start of a very slippery slope for any country.

It is possible to see that justice is done. Will anyone help me to attend hearings, show a cohesive presence and attempt to lobby the court so as to assure the death penalty in this case?

ummm and what if the police just grabbed some addled sea gypsie and beat a confession out of him? Do you still want to see the death penalty?

ummm and what if the police just grabbed some addled sea gypsie and beat a confession out of him? Do you still want to see the death penalty?

Yes,

1)because it would deter future miscreants from persuasion on taking the rap.

2) it would deter police from such convenient arrangments if they know that they may not be able to promise leniency. Remembering Tankae was reportedly promised a life sentence from the police as if they have that authority-or do they?

I do think that if the profile of this sickening case was to be highlighted in the newspapers in every country of the developed world with the likely consequence that the Thai tourism industry was to be dealt a really severe blow then the authorities might (just might) start to put their money where their mouth is.

Then and only then is this sickening trend that has become "amazing Thailand" going to ever have the brakes put on it.

There is only one thing that they care about and that is their image. They do not give a stuff for the young women that are being raped and murdered with alarming regularity. If they were they would do something to make the place safer.

And not just pay lip service.

I do think that if the profile of this sickening case was to be highlighted in the newspapers in every country of the developed world with the likely consequence that the Thai tourism industry was to be dealt a really severe blow then the authorities might (just might) start to put their money where their mouth is.

Then and only then is this sickening trend that has become "amazing Thailand" going to ever have the brakes put on it.

There is only one thing that they care about and that is their image. They do not give a stuff for the young women that are being raped and murdered with alarming regularity. If they were they would do something to make the place safer.

Hallajulah-

It is time to agitate. Do what you can, how you can, but do it. Right now!!

Now I was realy only half kidding about the bikini rally, but it really would get attention in international press and would be of such a humourous nature, sick humour yes, but all-mighty humour none the less, that the Thai Powers that be just might ...be nudged into deliberation ?

Notwithstanding the (invlovement of Thaksin in the case of the rape and murder of the Welsh girl a while back the penalty will fit the crime in accordance with Thai law. The moment the legal system starts being swayed by baying mobs is the start of a very slippery slope for any country.

No ..we are a group interested in justice , not a baying mob, not yet,

but I like that too.

We are not interested in a lynching, a Jack Ruby moment .

Mr. Tankae admits to a heinous crime, stalking attempted rape and murder.

How can one not..... lobby that he get the maximum punishment by law

It is wrong to kill. The death penalty is wrong. It is a barbaric, outmoded practice that most of the civilised countries in the world have stopped.

Maybe you're right mate. But if being civilised means putting scumbags in to holiday camps, like they do in the U.K then it's barbaric all the way for me I'm afraid. Having a system, where criminals see prison as a place to catch up with mates, play pool and watch t.v until it's time to come back out, and immediately continue their career as a low life, isn't very civilised either. At least here, if he doesn't get the death penalty, he will have a completely miserable existence. Actually, thinking about Thai prisons, the death penalty may well be the easy way out for him, more than he deserves.

To the O.P. Your heart is quite clearly in the right place, but sometimes not being able to let go of something and move on, makes things a lot harder, especially for the relatives of the victim. This is where it happened, so it will have to be the courts here that decide the punishment.

[/quote

Sorry, don't believe in the death penalty. He should be locked up for life and the key thrown away, a far better punishment in my view.

I believe in max penalties as written into the law as a possible deterrent factor for future crimes.

Goggle it, you will find that rape and murder still occur in very similar numbers in countries that DO carry the death penalty for them. It simply is not a deterrent like you suggest.

Goggle it, you will find that rape and murder still occur in very similar numbers in countries that DO carry the death penalty for them. It simply is not a deterrent like you suggest.

Well I think this is a worthy topic , but not for this thread, please

Now I am interested in seeing this man, or men who did this receive the max penalty

If you're not interested, please move on..I

'm tryin to find the date of the hearing right now

JD,

I am thinkng the same.

For me it was a bit too fast to find a suspect........they have been under a lot of pressure from the public media.

But this does not happen only in Thaland, right?

Gerd

Yes,

2) it would deter police from such convenient arrangments if they know that they may not be able to promise leniency. Remembering Tankae was reportedly promised a life sentence from the police as if they have that authority-or do they?

:o

Someone please tell me I didn't just read that.

Maybe a bikini rally where we all wear bikinis, men and women! And then mockenly stab each other, eh?

Brilliant! Surely nothing is going to get 'justice' served better than a bunch of farangs dressing in bikinis and pretending to stab each other. Way to stay classy there sparky.

The decision of this case should be in the hands of the victims family. It would be very fitting for Thailand and the country where she came from if this were the case.

If you ask me I would say Hang the bastard to show that this sort of crime is not tolerated against farlang who come to Thailand.

Ted.

post-59607-1206798908_thumb.png

Edited by Redted

Yes,

LOL ... I see that you are just flapping your gums to see the reactions. Kinda sad really!

and gerd ... no it doesn't only happen in Thailand (if it indeed happens here) But the concept of eager morons trying to interfere in fair judicial practices makes me ill.

You have already decided upon the punishment it seems. Don't you think you need to allow a trial and due process to occur before you get to the sentencing stage, or is this just a case of dam_n the trial and let's kill someone?

Your opinion really doesn't count. It's the victim's views that are important. Don't you think her views as conveyed by victim's family statements deseve to be heard first? What if she was opposed to such a sentence and then it was carried out? Let the courts do their job. Any interference or "agitation" pror to the trial and verdict is inappropriate interference. If you feel that strongly, you can make a submission at the sentencing.

Be warned that if you disrupt a court in Thailand, the penalties are similar to those anywhee else- you'll be handcuffed and hauled off to a cell. Judges do not tolerate disturbances in their courtrooms.

I agree with everyone who says this scum dog should die,but we all know that many people in thailand are innocent and have ben tortured to gain a confession.We have to be careful with the judicial system here in the land of smirkes.

This is absurd. Firstly, has he been convicted? Secondly, what makes you think that you have the right to change Thai law? Thirdly, where has all your campaigning been in the cases of Simen Knudsen, Henrik Rasmussen and so on.

You lobbying the court will make an absolute mockery of this whole case. You're not doing this for Hanna, you are doing it for yourself. You will not achieve anything by attending the court hearings. You will only make things worse. He will never get the death penalty because he gave himself up. If you want to do something useful, pressure the police to bring in the killers of Simen Knudsen.