How Do You Write In Thai Scipt

mpdkorat

My wife is expecting our son in 3 months and we have decided on the name of Charlie.

How do you write?

Charles:

Charlie:

In Thai Script.

I need this for the birth certifacate and official Thai documents so trying to get it right and save any problems in the future.

Thanks!

Edited by mpdkorat

Charles: ชาร์ลส์

Charlie: ชาร์ลี

Thanks Bambi This is what I have so far.

Nung: ชาส์ล Charles

Bambi: ชาร์ลส์ Charles +

Nung: ชาลี Charlie

Bambi: ชาร์ลี Charlie +

I got the wife to read the above and your example sounded much clearer and fitted the sound that a native speaker would pronounce the words. I'm trying to get it as perfect as possible as the little chap will have to live with it a long time.

I got the wife to read the above and your example sounded much clearer and fitted the sound that a native speaker would pronounce the words. I'm trying to get it as perfect as possible as the little chap will have to live with it a long time.

Bambi's transcription is excellent.

Also, see this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45136 if you are interested in a similar discussion.

Bambi's transcription is excellent.

Also, see this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45136 if you are interested in a similar discussion.

I'm unable to read Thai and this is one thing I really do want get right. Bambi I'm going to use your transcription. Every Thai I have asked to read it has pronouced the name correctly. I really do not want to leave it in the hands of an amphur official.

I did read the the above thread, some of the posts were informative :o

Once again thanks Bambi your a jem.

What about Chuck?  ชัค

Chuck - wow! :D

ว้าย ตาเถร ตกใต้ถุน

Bambi blush3.gifblush3.gif

ครับผม คุณแบมบี่ ถ้าหากสักวันหนึ่งในอนาคต คุณแบมบี่ เจอคนสวีเด็นชักชวนให้ชนแก้วกัน ด้วยคำอุทานว่า ชักว่าว! ขอเน้นว่า คุณแบมบี่ไม่ต้องตกอกตกใจนะครับ... ผมมีเพื่อนบางคนที่ค่อนข้างจะเชื่อง่าย :o

ครับผม คุณแบมบี่ ถ้าหากสักวันหนึ่งในอนาคต คุณแบมบี่ เจอคนสวีเด็นชักชวนให้ชนแก้วกัน ด้วยคำอุทานว่า ชักว่าว! ขอเน้นว่า คุณแบมบี่ไม่ต้องตกอกตกใจนะครับ... ผมมีเพื่อนบางคนที่ค่อนข้างจะเชื่อง่าย  :D

you know... i m drinking my ice coffee ..and after read this post ..ครับผม คุณแบมบี่ ถ้าหากสักวันหนึ่งในอนาคต คุณแบมบี่ etc ... it made me choke ..and coffee run out from nostrils..gosh its really funny :o:D

i need to clean myself right now .. all dirt with coffee !!

Bambi :D

What about Chuck?   ชัค

ว้าย ตาเถร ตกใต้ถุน

ครับผม คุณแบมบี่ ถ้าหากสักวันหนึ่งในอนาคต คุณแบมบี่ เจอคนสวีเด็นชักชวนให้ชนแก้วกัน ด้วยคำอุทานว่า ชักว่าว! ขอเน้นว่า คุณแบมบี่ไม่ต้องตกอกตกใจนะครับ... ผมมีเพื่อนบางคนที่ค่อนข้างจะเชื่อง่าย :o

ผมไม่เข้าใจเท่าไหร่ but เรื่องเอาใจคนไทยไม่เเพ้ใคร :D

What about Chuck?   ชัค

ว้าย ตาเถร ตกใต้ถุน

ผมไม่เข้าใจเท่าไหร่ but เรื่องเอาใจคนไทยไม่เเพ้ใคร :D

What does เเพ้ mean, as in the highlighted Red above? It's not in the dictionary

ผมไม่เข้าใจเท่าไหร่  but เรื่องเอาใจคนไทยไม่เเพ้ใคร :D

What does เเพ้ mean, as in the highlighted Red above? It's not in the dictionary

just mis-type Mr.Boj , between "Mai hun argat" ไม้หันอากาศ and " mai to" ไม้โท

ไม้หันอากาศ เเพ้ x

ไม้โท แพ้ /

but they look not much different and from the position of keyboard they re closed

"Mai hun argat" ไม้หันอากาศ = Y

"Mai to" ไม้โท = H

BTW แพ้ = [ V ] be allergic ; have an allergy

[ V ] be defeated ; lose ; be beaten ; be inferior

and i bet you know that word

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA