Anyone Know How To Leave? My Names In The Computer

mrpager2000

I have a reasonably small unsettled legal matter, but it seems like it is going to take months till im allowed to leave, Im american, ive heard of alternate ways of leaving does anyone know of any surefire way for me to go home NOW! swimming accross the loas river, floating to myanmar on a raft, paying someone to clear my name for exit ( i am not overstayed) but there is alot of nasty thai writing in my passport. can Someone help a your broke Detroit boy, share your thoughts......

busted

Boy you guys are a big help! Calling the embassy is useless, they only give a list of attornys and lawyers that charge 200 USD/hour

im charged with bringing an elephant around bangkok, working without visa, and overstay 7 days. I have cleared up the overstay already.

Why don't change your point of view ?

Until your case is not closed at the court, you don't need visa anymore to stay in thailand. Find a thai lawyer and bargain to pay 20'000 bahts the first time, then 10'000 every 6 months. You will have to go to the court probably every 2 months to spend 2 or 3 hours there... maybe 10 years long. Use that time to learn that ANIMALS ARE FRIENDS NOT SLAVES.

It wasnt really for the elephant, that was my GF, it was for operating a box for making overseas calls in my girlfriends internet shop. the police tell us small case, but im hearing varied reports of 50,000-300,000 baht fine. 50,000-100,000 i can manage but more wont be easy. I dont have an Attorney because i had to admit guilt on the spot or they were going to arrest me and my girlfriend, I had to sign to keep her free.

do you think that will work??? i thought if you dont have the exact amount the ask for at the time of sentancing you go straight to jail?? But yes one advange of all of this is that i no longer have to do visa runs!

im just afraid that if i dont have all the money they ask i will go to jail, can anyone recommend an Thai attorney? I can afford any of the ones on the emassy list and even if i could they would want more knowing that im paying 100-200 USD an hour for an attorney they would think i have money, which I DONT

Let them think that you are very rich, it will be helpfull.

You probably will have to make a deposit (caution). If so, do it BEFORE to go to court (double the amount for thai people). Otherwise you will have to wait in jail until the caution is paid...

I sincerly hope to be wrong, but think of that so soon your case will be closed and your fine paid, you will be kicked out of the country by immigration, with a nice red stamp in your passport. You will have to stay in jail some days, waiting for your flight to your country. You will have to pay for any of your transportation.

Guest IT Manager
It wasnt really for the elephant, that was my GF, it was for operating a box for making overseas calls in my girlfriends internet shop. the police tell us small case, but im hearing varied reports of 50,000-300,000 baht fine. 50,000-100,000 i can manage but more wont be easy. I dont have an Attorney because i had to admit guilt on the spot or they were going to arrest me and my girlfriend, I had to sign to keep her free.

do you think that will work??? i thought if you dont have the exact amount the ask for at the time of sentancing you go straight to jail?? But yes one advange of all of this is that i no longer have to do visa runs!

im just afraid that if i dont have all the money they ask i will go to jail, can anyone recommend an Thai attorney? I can afford any of the ones on the emassy list and even if i could they would want more knowing that im paying 100-200 USD an hour for an attorney they would think i have money, which I DONT

Can you be a bit specific here. When you say operating a box, do you mean a PC connection to make VoIP calls?

What are the actual charges? Working without a work permit? or something else?

IMO if you want help, anywhere, including here, the specifics make it a bit easier, you will find people will not joke and will attempt to give you useful information. :o

Guest IT Manager

Secondly, elephants do not make good girlfriends in my humble opinion. They take up far too much room in the bed, and when they take a pee it makes the house smell bad.

We I dont think I really need to be exactly specific, I have pending charges and Im not allowed to leave, I want to leave and not face my charges, Ive been told that 3rd party persons who have some connection to the US embassy can help for a fee. Im wondering what other options there are for leaving this country, not what defense i can put up.

I know there must be some ways to sneak out, does anyone know of the ways???

I plead guilty already and Im going to be sentanced in FEBRUARY

and im from AMERICA (to answer the question)

We I dont think I really need to be exactly specific, I have pending charges and Im not allowed to leave, I want to leave and not face my charges, Ive been told that 3rd party persons who have some connection to the US embassy can help for a fee. Im wondering what other options there are for leaving this country, not what defense i can put up.

I know there must be some ways to sneak out, does anyone know of the ways???

I plead guilty already and Im going to be sentanced in FEBRUARY

and im from AMERICA (to answer the question)

Don't worry. You will have to pay a fine, and you will be detained at IDC, deported and blacklisted. Do not take the risk of sneaking out! If they catch you escaping it will be even worse.

If you have an outward ticket to the US ready, you might not need to spend more than a couple of nights in IDC.

We certainly don't want a discussion here about the details on how to escape the Thai law.

Well, Maybe not, So we can discuss places to cross into cambodia or elsewhere where you dont go through thai immigration, Ive heard there are islands in cambodia or myanmar where you just pay the entry fee for their visa and enter, no thailand involved, can anyone detail this for me. My family needs me, Ive been here for a year and a half. Please post some HELP