Caravan/mobile Home/atco Home/relocatable Home

Tornado

I am looking to purchase a caravan or atco home to place on my land in the sticks, until the house is built. Im looking for something that is livable and I can have ac/tv/hotwater shower etc. Anyone have any ideas where to purchase something along these lines?

Of local manufacture, I would say you are SOL......

There is a company out of Dubai called Red Sea Housing, they manufacture a rigid wall tent/house that can be erected on either natural soil or on a concrete slab. The roof and sidewalls are PVC/Insulation sandwich, and can easily handle an A/C unit. The tent also has PVC Doors/Windows.

Dimensions are per your order and the unit I looked at in Kabul was around $7500 delivered to Kabul and around 30-45 square meters in area. You can also construct interior walls.......

Look up Red Sea Housing in your search. Good luck!

Edited by Diablo Bob

Good question, in 5 years I never saw a mobile home or a caravan in the LOS. :o

I actually posted the same question a long while ago and got similiar answers.

I think there is a big market for caravans in Thailand. An untapped market!, but the roads will be a lot worse :D

Ok how about importing one from Aus. I mean you can pick up a cheap caravan with all the mod cons for under 150k baht. what do you think theimport taxes would be?? any ideas. how much to have one sent in a container/ on the boat.....

cheers for anyones imput!

A long way from you up in Ubon I've seen a place selling ready built transportable homes on the road to makro as you come into Ubon from surin.

I've no idea of the cost or if that company sells in other locations.

Some of the guys on the issan forum might be able to help you out with the company name etc. It's worth a try.

I’ve seen trailers in tourist areas as well as issan. They’ve had everything from boats to bikes and even one glider.

My main concern with caravans would be how they handle the condition of the roads. Caravans built for off road use maybe best.

Here ya go ! It is my understanding that-

Siam Motors ( Siam Housecars ?) in Bangkok is building and selling motor homes that are made here in Thailand

In a land where the Toyota Camry is 1.5 million baht , God only know just how expencive this would be.

A Google seach will find it

Jim :o

post-32989-1160366139_thumb.jpg

post-32989-1160366211_thumb.jpg

post-32989-1160366291_thumb.jpg

thanks for the replies.

I met with a customs guy the other day and he told me that HE could let me bring in a caravan and charge me 20,000 baht. Heard it all before but might risk a few grand to see if ???

I also spoke to a fabricator for boat trailers and he is interested in setting up some form of production factory if I pay for the project and give him 50% of the profits. I think it would be a nice sideline business, but it all come down to time and motivation...... I have little of both for this type of business...

I will try a few more avenues and let you know the outcome.

cheers

are you planning to join the caravan of the poor party.

no, just looking for temp accom until I build the house and "resort" (a few bungalows)... I can buy an old Thai wooden house and an attach a bathroom for about 100k, but I dont want to have to put in septic and other infrastructure for such a short amount of time. It look like I might have to go that way though.

The mother inlaw's house is a little to basic and not at all private, although I do stay there when Im in town so she feels happy. The land is across the road from her.

There are some outfits around that modify shipping containers into "movable" housing. I used to have some information but can't find it now.

Try looking in some of the construction-related magazines as the same companies also modify containers for use as site offices.

If the rumor is true that Bangkok transit is retiring their buses which have no aircon then you might pick up one or two of them and make a living space quite easily....back to the 60's.............peace bro!!!!!

Chownah

Edited by chownah

Why not contact Scampi, I believe that he has experience in living in a container. :o

Not sure if it was converted though.....

Well there are 2 companies in Phuket building 'temp' housing right now, Safeways, run by an aussie jock called Gordon, he is a mate and a good guy.

And another next to the post office on Visit road Rawai, they build single room studio bungalows fully fitted out septic tank and all, you just need to suppy electric and water and you can build an instant resort. They have a sun deck and look realy cool

Good vaue at 400,000 each installed. I am thinking of putting 5 on my Rai just to get it earning for me.

If you want more info PM me

Pat

Edited by Pat O'cake

• 1 year later...
Why not contact Scampi, I believe that he has experience in living in a container. :o

Not sure if it was converted though.....

Well there are 2 companies in Phuket building 'temp' housing right now, Safeways, run by an aussie jock called Gordon, he is a mate and a good guy.

And another next to the post office on Visit road Rawai, they build single room studio bungalows fully fitted out septic tank and all, you just need to suppy electric and water and you can build an instant resort. They have a sun deck and look realy cool

Good vaue at 400,000 each installed. I am thinking of putting 5 on my Rai just to get it earning for me.

If you want more info PM me

Pat

Hi

I'm new to this forum so please bear with me. I was thinking about the caravan idea until I saw you piece about the studio bungalows. Do you have any pictures/further details on these? Do you know the name of the manufacturer (website?) Any info would be appreciated.

Ron

• 2 months later...
Sorry if off topic,I have a small camper,8 feet,easy to mount on a pick-up.

Brought it from home,wanted to use in Thailand,around,but wife is not happy.

If someone interested can PM me.

Hi do u still have this cell for pickup for sale?

for the containers try pk mobile home&office in Bangkok, 0898814999

they are 20 feet long (6m x 2.4m), ready with air con.

they have as well ones for the storage, where you can keep more expensive building materials, tools etc for 45k

price includes delivery