britmaveric

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pissup checklist

I've got a few ideas I'd like to put forth for consideration to help choose a site for the next pissup. Please feel free to add anything I forgot. (Not listed in any order of significance)

1) Accessibility…Does the venue allow for easy access to and from by taxi, car, or motorbike with ample available parking?

2) Members…Is the management affiliated with TV as a member or a sponsor?

3) Facilities…Are there facilities large enough to host between 30 and 50 people for either a private party or to reserve a section of the establishment exclusively for the pissup with ample seating available?

4) Atmosphere… Is the music level at a point where it can still be heard in the background while still holding a conversation without having to shout?

5) Food and Beverages…Is there food available? If not, is the management amenable to catered food being brought in? Are there mixed drinks and draught beer as well as bottled beer available? If food is available, will the management consider a preferential price for a large buffet?

6) Incentives…If we can all agree on a "short list" of possible venues, which of them will offer TV the best deal? Keep in mind that 30 – 50 people being dropped in their lap for a night of entertainment is something many owners would covet, so when a short list is compiled, what kind of incentives will be offered in order to entice TV on it's final selection?

Once again, these are just a few ideas….I'm sure I missed some so please feel free to add anything

I 2nd PP's suggestion of Jamesons, I have already met Kim the manager (bought a high chair off him) :o

It is a home from home, typical UK pub layout, reasonable prices, food is excellent AND more importantly they serve my Beloved John Smiths bitter as well as Kilkennys on draught for all you guys who fancy a change from Chang :D BUT at 190 TBH for a pint sized can :D you better get saving now :D

Boxing roo on 3rd rd has good pies too, a VB (australian beer from victoria) and a pie is 150b currently, Pool is free and they play some good movies on the TV as well as sports, parking is easy and soi diana isnt far away for those who get bored.

they have a few specials on stuff now like bundy and coke for 75 baht last night.

What about "Tropical Berts"?

It is in Discovery Park on Second Road, opposite Bangkok Bank / Gregs Kitchen, immediately before Soi 6/1.

No loud music, no 'bar-ladies' so a good place to take the missus, parking for 50+ cars, ice cold beer (cheaper than most similar bars), Bass on draft, good food, seating inside and out. And the owners and quite a few of the regulars (mainly expats) are already members or lurkers on TV. And of course if during the course of any evening anyone fancied a 'bit' they just walk out the back door and they are almost in the Valley of Death.

BERT / REG......if you read this why not jump in and say something !! ! !

www.tropicalberts.com

BTW my only financial connection with this establishment is that I am known to contribute to the bar upkeep and staff salaries through drinking copious amounts of Singha Light (at my own expense unfortunately)

Y'all have a nice day now !

And it's pretty close to you know what :o

Even though the place is quite nice, I'd still won't feel fully relaxed with the wife in tow...

Then again, seeing the pissheads representing TV last weekend, she wisely decided to let me off to South Pattaya on my own :D

And it's pretty close to you know what :o

Even though the place is quite nice, I'd still won't feel fully relaxed with the wife in tow...

Then again, seeing the pissheads representing TV last weekend, she wisely decided to let me off to South Pattaya on my own :D

I'll probably be on my own anyway, the wife likes Walking st. :D

Queen Vic? :o

Yes you are definitely into the area now where games could be introduced into the TV evening....such as sponsored prizes for the first and last TV member to run the gauntlet and arrive unscathed at the door of the QV........

...or games such as ...`Count the katoeys`.......or `guess where your old mans disappeared to` :D

I'm up for Tropical Berts.

I've never been there but i've heard its good for deep sea fishing trips so i can chat about that whilst there. :o

Who's the contact there for those fishing trips?

I'm ready to give the golf clubs the old heave-ho for a good day trip fishing with the lads.

Rimmer,

Bert's has an AC /ventilation system that will blow your socks off, there has never been a problem with the smoke.

That, along with the volume, is the main reasons (and DaveT knows this) that my wife and many others are sometimes not keen on hanging around the BF at these kind of get togethers. It is a great place, one of my favourite's, but not the best for a get together where you are meeting and trying to talk to new people.

Bert's has outside seating at the front and back, it is not a huge place but IMHO it could be worth a try. I have seen company / golfing events in there with 40/50+ people.

I phoned Bert's partner today and told him to get his sorry @ss on this forum and provide some input from their end.

And as I said before, my only financial connection with the place is paying my bar tab.

Cheers

John

Well John 101 here I am, took me a day to register and yes I was a Lurker exept when you forgot to log out of the pub computer and every time I went to thai visa I was logged on, I could and should have had a great time!!!. Anyway about your subject, I would love to host your piss up as would many but firstly no more Bass Draught, they wont send any more as they are not geting the empties back!!!. I have parking for over 50 cars and seating for at least 40 inside and another 20 outside. The food worries me in that if you all ordered of the menu cookie would be after me with his chopper!!! but I could lay on a cold finger type buffet and do as I do with the offshore guys just charge cost for food, say about 150 Bt per head with a little Thai food if needed. I have free high speed internet in the bar and have allready approached Thai Visa Sales about advertising. Lastly yes I am next to the Valley of Death but you would never know, unless that is you fall out my back door as you would then fall In King Kongs!!.I am more than happy to meet the organiser and if all goes well and u like and use the place maybe offer a discount to all tv members.

Dont take the piss John!!!! . Bert

Well John 101 here I am, took me a day to register and yes I was a Lurker exept when you forgot to log out of the pub computer and every time I went to thai visa I was logged on, I could and should have had a great time!!!. Anyway about your subject, I would love to host your piss up as would many but firstly no more Bass Draught, they wont send any more as they are not geting the empties back!!!. I have parking for over 50 cars and seating for at least 40 inside and another 20 outside. The food worries me in that if you all ordered of the menu cookie would be after me with his chopper!!! but I could lay on a cold finger type buffet and do as I do with the offshore guys just charge cost for food, say about 150 Bt per head with a little Thai food if needed. I have free high speed internet in the bar and have allready approached Thai Visa Sales about advertising. Lastly yes I am next to the Valley of Death but you would never know, unless that is you fall out my back door as you would then fall In King Kongs!!.I am more than happy to meet the organiser and if all goes well and u like and use the place maybe offer a discount to all tv members.

Dont take the piss John!!!! . Bert

Methinks a recce could be in order :o