Hotels 3-4 stars in Thailand Noise!

Destiny1990

After long experiences with hotels in the range 3-4 stars i come definitely to the conclusion that from the moment  the sun comes up and goes down the people making the most noise in these  hotels is always the hotel staff them selves : The Room Maids. Never they whisper but always speaking loud tones laughing, gossiping, singing whatever they do its loud. Some tip for hotel owners teach ur maids how to whisper we r not on some outdoor market here! Why these maids always need do their socializing get to gethers in front mine room door?

Upgrade to the 5 star hotel ? But any guarantees these maids will communicate in the soft sound? Why not have all the hotel maids talk in a low volume? Besides the maids noise issue  I quite comfortable with these 3-4 star hotels.

Edited by Destiny1990

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Nasa Vegas never heard of  but Ur favorite spot probably is Nana Plaza. 

No, not really. I don't live anywhere close to Nana nor do I frequent such establishments.

I have, however, stayed in over 50 4 and 5 star hotels in Bangkok (thanks to my credit card points) and I can assure you that I never got woken up by maids. Occasionally a clueless tourist will slam the door, but even this doesn't happen in better hotels because all will have hinges that prevent it from shutting.

Mind saying what kind of 4 star hotels are you staying in?

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

No, not really. I don't live anywhere close to Nana nor do I frequent such establishments.

I have, however, stayed in over 50 4 and 5 star hotels in Bangkok (thanks to my credit card points) and I can assure you that I never got woken up by maids. Occasionally a clueless tourist will slam the door, but even this doesn't happen in better hotels because all will have hinges that prevent it from shutting.

Mind saying what kind of 4 star hotels are you staying in?

Seems he has The monopoly on 4☆ hotels with loud Maids. ??

Edited by jeab1980

16 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

A guesthouse or Nasa Vegas is not a 3 star hotel.

. Mine point is that often hotel staff complains about their loud noisy guests while i need to complain about their  loud shouting maids in the hallways. And they also overuse and blocking elevators some of them go up and down without any purpose stopping on each floor? Maybe its time for my 30 minutes meditation ?

All sites, yes absolutely ALL SITES who rate the hotels and are involved in some way of selling or advertising for them, are adding an extra star.

This is nothing new, as they will try to select not too many poor reviews which might downgrade the hotel they try to promote.

Always prepare for at least a star less than expected.

Yes, i noticed that even in 5 star hotels in Thailand the stewardess are either yelling to each other from one end of the corridor, to the other, starting 6 am. or they use their God damn walkie talkies on max volume, just outside your door, also at 6 am.

On 9/5/2017 at 6:53 PM, lemonjelly said:

You came to Thailand for peace and quiet?...... Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Someone wants to have some quiet time in the morning, in a paid for hotel, and you mock him?

4 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

I remember a hotel in Hat Yai like that. There was no air-con and the windows opened onto the hallway. The housekeepers were loud as hell starting about 7 AM. It was no 3 star hotel though. 

I never been in a hotel room without an aircon in the last 20 years. 

I spend over one third of my time in hotels, mostly in the Far East.

Noise avoidance is high on my list of priorities, either late at night or earlyish in the mornings. I have noticed that the Japanese and Koreans are the worst door-bangers, but this is neither a scientific study nor a blanket assertion. Some Irish lasses a few years ago were my worst neighbours ever.

I always pack my small Sound Oasis white noise machine whenever I travel. A decent set of earplugs inserted, my machine uttering gentle wave sounds from under the pillow and my alcohol induced sleep is never disturbed.

I always have a slight concern about hearing an alarm if there was a fire, but speculate that the ensuing din would penetrate my guard.

Edited by Beechboy
word left out

3 & 4 star hotels are my favourites. In these you will! meet staff who are real people, although I must admit these days they tend to be from other neighbouring countries - practising your Thai with them doesn't work so well. Never really had the noise problem you refer to. Noise that does wake me up sometimes though is the early morning clip clop of high heels exiting down the corridor. . .

14 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Its the Noisy maids and not the hotel guests. Thai holiday makers less noisy then farangs gosh u got it all wrong big time!!

Well all i can say is do you have a fetish for noisy maids?. Never once in Thailand have i ever been woken by a noisy maid/cleaner. Been woke up by a noisy wife/girlfriend/ last nights skirt in the throws of passion next door.