Honda CBR 150 Exmotion

In the jungle

I see there is a new Honda 150 up on their website though there was no spec page when I looked.

Some fairly trick stuff on it for a bike that costs just under 100K.

USD forks, radial mount caliper, ABS, LED lights, banana swing arm that looks like it may be aluminium.

Engine is described as an "all new" DOHC single but somehow I have my doubts about that.

Blatant copy of the far higher quality Yamaha. Is this all Honda can offer , after 7 years. Im assuming , as with other Hondas , it uses many Chinese made components , but where is is put together. Many Hondas come from India , Brazil Thailand etc and this will effect its price. As most Hondas are 20% overpriced , it needs to be cheap , but its a very nice looking bike - like a Yamaha. 

14 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Blatant copy of the far higher quality Yamaha. Is this all Honda can offer , after 7 years. Im assuming , as with other Hondas , it uses many Chinese made components , but where is is put together. Many Hondas come from India , Brazil Thailand etc and this will effect its price. As most Hondas are 20% overpriced , it needs to be cheap , but its a very nice looking bike - like a Yamaha. 

Hondas are not over-priced here, They are a bargain compared to Kawasaki (rip off as they are built here) and Yamaha (imported ). Who cares if it's similar to M-Slaz (with better specs).

Like for like Honda, Kawasaki and Yamaha all sell for similar prices in the developed markets. Here Honda is up to 30% less expensive.

We already know you don't like Honda.

7 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Will Honda dealers be selling it at the RRP, or demanding 10-20k baht on top if it's popular?

Another 10-20K on top of the already " 20K too high" price of 100K ?. I dont think Honda "dealers" will be so stupid .They must know and accept there is too much competition , from many other companies , for them to continue to rip off/overcharge customers. Many people are looking elsewhere for there next bike , and many are buying better quality/value bikes from elsewhere. At first i thought the photo was a photoshop fake , but it seems real. If  -  IF  , Honda can get their build / component quality issues sorted i think its competition for Yamaha etc ( bobbin , i dont dislike Hondas , im just sadly disapointed they have lowered their standards over recent years as i believe they are capable of so much more. Although looking at the F1 fiasco , i may be wrong ) and more competition is a good thing for everyone. Just think back 7/8 years.