Phuket underpass lane closures go ahead

webfact

Phuket underpass lane closures go ahead

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1504673467_1-org.jpg

The lane closures past the Bangkhu Underpass are going ahead. Photo: Phuket Highways Office

PHUKET: -- Despite much excitement among motorists about the road-surfacing works being completed on the southbound lanes past the Bangkhu Underpass overnight, the lead engineer for the project has confirmed that the lane closures are going ahead today and tomorrow (Sept 6-7) to finish the job.

The news follows The Phuket News receiving many updates from motorists this morning reporting that the section of road had already been repaved, following the Phuket City Traffic Police issuing a notice about the lane closures yesterday afternoon. 

Two southbound lanes were closed at 9am today and will remain so until 3pm while more work is carried out, Phuket Highways Office engineer Somkiet Yimpong told The Phuket News this morning.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-underpass-lane-closures-go-ahead-63767.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-09-06

22 minutes ago, the guest said:

Who ever designed these so-called underpasses, adds no value to the traffic situation.

Total waste of time and money !

I disagree. Those finished underpasses are great. The decision to make underpasses is questionable as contruction costs are higher and time to build much longer.  Reason supposidly that the 'local community' think over passes are not 'beautiful'.  At least some sense as the community  agreed to allow 2 overpasses. 

1 hour ago, LivinginKata said:

I disagree. Those finished underpasses are great. The decision to make underpasses is questionable as contruction costs are higher and time to build much longer.  Reason supposidly that the 'local community' think over passes are not 'beautiful'.  At least some sense as the community  agreed to allow 2 overpasses. 

I agree with you with a couple of reservations: Southbound at Central can be a pain due to the bottleneck ahead, and I still think Chalong will be problematical even with the underpass as the five roads joining at that point will still require either a roundabout, unless they try traffic lights again. I still think a right turn overpass at the airport turn-off would have made so much more sense than the underpass there.

9 hours ago, the guest said:

Who ever designed these so-called underpasses, adds no value to the traffic situation.

Total waste of time and money !

This no...... its investment.......we can drive faster with or without licence, we need better and stronger car, we make more accidents, we need better insurance and we need more beds at the hospitals....:wink:

The dranage gratings are killers even now. They will be in constant dis repair. More life has been lost duri g construction of these due to poor safety standards for traffic flows and its taking years and years.

Time will tell. But its made my life way more hell than if it had been left alone. Cant take back the past 3 years of this crud

Comparing the slipshod construction at Tescos  to the job done by Ital-Thai is apples and oranges.

Just shows one should not issue a contract to someone's sister's uncles' cousin's nephew who is clueless about construction. They even failed to notice there was a huge swamp next to it but were dumbfounded then they hit water! 

8 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Comparing the slipshod construction at Tescos  to the job done by Ital-Thai is apples and oranges.

Just shows one should not issue a contract to someone's sister's uncles' cousin's nephew who is clueless about construction. They even failed to notice there was a huge swamp next to it but were dumbfounded then they hit water! 

Do you think they've noticed the proximity of the sea at Chalong?