Police clearance

It's an odd situation,i've lived in Thailand for 13 years(Australian non resident)

I may be required to go to Brazil next year and would need a police clearance for the visa there.

Would a Thai or Aussie or both be needed and if Aussie how do you get one in Thailand?

Thanks.

My Australian wife recently had to obtain a police clearance certificate from Australia to submit with her application to emigrate to the US.

You can apply for it online at https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks.

We had hers shipped to a relative in Adelaide, who then sent it on to us in Thailand via FedEx. The AFP will mail to Thailand but we didn't want to take a chance on having it get lost in the mail here.

• Like 1

Thanks for the link,i had a look at the form.

Unfortunately i can only muster 95 points on the 100 point check,that being an Aus passport and yellow tabien or pink id card(Thai) which would have to be translated.

Also i'm probably one of a few who doesn't have a credit card for payment and i doubt they would accept a Thai debit card.It doesn't say if they have an account you can pay direct into.

Not to worry.

Thanks for the reply.

You can always use Entropay. It's a virtual credit card that you can load money onto with a debit card. It's handy. I use it for buying Nookbooks from the US that I can't get in the UK and occasionally buying stuff on Lazada in Thailand if Paypal is playing up.

• Like 1

Ok getting closer as i found my original decree nisi.

So to complete the puzzle i would need my Thai documents translated and certified,does this require a trip to an Australian embassy or can it be certified locally(Thailand)

Thanks.