High Speed Dsl Tot Or Others

nikster

I read here that some people have 2MB or even 4MB connections from TOT and others.

When I signed up for my DSL connection, TOT offered 1024 (1MB) max. Goldcyber. But if I can get a faster connection, I would be very interested in it. Unfortunately I could not find a listing of current packages on the TOT website. I also don't know how the system works in Thailand - TOT seemed to be the only provider in my area, Pai, Mae Hong Son province - can I call True and get a connection from them? Or do they just not do that? I have not seen any signs of True internet in Pai, nor any other providers.

Also, I am pretty happy with TOT, it delivers as promised most of the time - yeah it's down more than it would be back home in Europe, but considering the infrastructure and power outages they have to deal with on a daily basis, I think it's as good as it can be.

I would really appreciate a listing of current packages over 1MB, price and availability. Thanks!

Note: This is assuming that the current internet troubles are going to be fixed next month or so. I know it's slow at the moment.

True offers 2.5 and 4 mbs packages. You have to realize though, these are the maximums. You will get 23 hours the same as your neighbor who pays for a 256 or 512, and if you're lucky one hour (round 5 or 6am) full speed.

Stay with TOT ... Goldcyber is a much better deal than True, which sells these 'fast'packages' but fails to deliver.

As far as I know, TOT has only 1024/512 packages. Quite clever if you can't deliver faster speeds.