5 Star Hotels In Hua Hin

wamberal

My wife and I are coming for our annual visit soon so she can visit her family. I am planning to go down to Hua Hin for a few days, but have not been there for quite a while so would appreciate some advice. I am thinking of staying either at the Sofitel, Marriott or Hilton. The last time I stayed at the Sofitel was after it was renovated, but I couldn't get rid of the mosquitoes in the room. I suspect that the Marriott might be showing its age, and the Hilton didn't exist the last time I was there. I want to be close to the beach to go for a long morning walk, close enough to the downtown so that I can walk there easily for a meal or to visit the night market, and I need a good pool for my daily 1 km swim. Money is not a particular problem. Any advice please.

If you did not mind staying away from Hua hin town, I would have recommended EVASON, in pranburi.

I never like Sofitel in Hua Hin, there are so many weird stories about the hotel since it was a hospital ( or train station?)during the world war II , so Sofitel is never be my choice.

Anantatara is recently revovated. Bar in the middle of swimming pool but the quality of room is not real 5 stars, just about 4 stars which was very disappointing.

Hilton is ok , not so bad , you just have to bare with those curious Thai people looking over to the hotel pool to see Farangs swim.

Where is Marriot? I dont remember there is one in Hua Hin.

Well, apart from these,any 5 stars choice left?

The Hilton would have to your best bet by far. Sits on the beach (slightly above it) and turn left or right out of the front door, and you are in the middle of everything. Not quite sure what you mean by downtown, as you can walk anywhere in Hua Hin in under ten minutes.

Turn right, and you have all the seafood restaurants along the beach, with the road swinging back into town.Take the soi opposite the Hilton, and you head through the main bar area straight into town. A nice hotel.

hil.jpg

Both the Sofitel and the Hua Hin Hilton are operating dual prices (Charging you more because of yur Race, Nationality or Immigration Status), The Marrioott is not.

www.fairprice-thailand.org has written to the Soffitel and Hilton to ask them to explain their pricing policies but they have declined to do so.

When we wrote to the Marriott they removed their dual pricing policy.

The Campaign Against Dual Pricing in Thailand

and the Hilton didn't exist the last time I was there. ... Any advice please.

The Hilton used to be called the "Melia" until 18-24 months ago. I think it is a fine hotel but not 5 stars. Meets all your other spex though. Good luck.

Hey.

I would go for the Hilton every time, if only for its location. Is' a very nice hotel, as said above, right on the beach. My old are coming to visit me here in October, and thats where they are staying.

Evason is more aestetically plaesing, and quieter, but its just too far out of town if you need to be in Hua Hin for any reason.

Hilton gets my vote...... definitely. Bang in the centre..... right on the beach and all you expect from a 5 star hotel.

massage directly across the road is well recommended for a "proper" massage with no funnybusiness...... well worth 2 hours chilling out.

Take a right out of hilton and there are some nice restuarants on stilts serving great seafood.......

Many thanks to everybody who replied -- I didn't realise my post ended up here, so this is a late thank-you. We are planning to be in Hua Hin for a few days from 4th July. If you notice a very large (tall and wide) Australian in and around Hua Hin during that time, with or without my wife (who is Thai, and will be staying with me some of the time, and her family some of the time) please make yourself known. I would like to meet up with some old Hua Hin hands.