Mum accepts a "wai" and a basket of tonic for the assault of her son

webfact

18 hours ago, mikebell said:

If a criminal act was committed, why do the police need parental permission before they arrest the teachers?

Because you are talking about the way the law is in other countries and the way you think it should be, rather than what it actually is.

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

hmmm ....  at the least the teacher should have been dismissed for a week as disciplinary action.

Very poor management by the head of the school .... he should be shamed on facebook and social media for doing nothing .

The Mother should also  get thrashed four times across the buttocks with a stick for not checking whether her Son did his Homework 

I feel sorry for the mother and the child.  The mother stuck her neck out hoping the school administration would support her and her child.  Very foolish and misguided on her part but maybe give her an 'A' for bravery.  Clearly, the teachers are not one bit sorry and would have made the poor kid's school life a living hell--good he is being transferred to a different school but I wouldn't be surprised if he had problems there, too.  As several have said, seeing this wretched outcome, what parent is going to stand up to abusive behavior if this is the outcome? 

Just speechless about this!

No resspect for anything and anybody and a wai makes all go?!??!??!?!

Poor country! So what is a wai worth?? Nothing at all...so just stop to wai (i anyway never ever do it to anybody)

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The attack caused extensive bruising and resulted in fever.

Fever? Give me a break. 

I have mixed feelings on this, perhaps some minor corporal punishment in schools could demand respect for teachers. But caning causing bruises? Not appropriate at all. 

I remember when we first moved to CA at first (for a month) I attended 8th grade in a predominantly mexican school in the eastern part of LA. I was in a class with a white "nerdy" teacher. He was not respected at all, on one occasion a child shot a spitwad (small piece of paper chewed and rolled in a ball then shot through a drink straw) which landed on the teachers glasses. The offending child was taken out of class on that one. We moved to a better location the following week.  

I have also seen where some parents (or courts) send unruly children to boot camps where they are hazed & intimidated worse than so called military boot camps. 

6 hours ago, DieterWiehe said:

The Mother should also  get thrashed four times across the buttocks with a stick for not checking whether her Son did his Homework 

Good point. The child should not have claimed he forgot it, he should have used "the soi dog ate it" excuse. 555

Maybe the child was too busy playing video games or chatting on fb to do the assignment. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck
The dog ate it

8 hours ago, berybert said:

You have to laugh at the fact the police cant be bothered to take any action over these incidents, but have no bother showing up for the photo shoot.

Other than the kid who got hit, everyone else in that photo is a waste of space.

I was wondering who all the people were in the photo. Especially the guy in the pink striped shirt and shorts, perhaps a local taxi driver?

9 hours ago, DieterWiehe said:

You're insane,,,, maybe you should be thrashed similarly for not reading correctly,, It doesn't state he didn't DO his homework, it clearly states he was BEATEN for, "forgetting his homework",,, Either way, I tend to believe a child doesn't need to be BEATEN and BRUISED for either, "offense"

Edited by Adeeos

17 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I don't blame the mother for sending her son to a different school, but the attitude of the school is taking the piss. They had been apologizing too much?

No sanctions against the teacher and no one is in danger of losing their jobs? There is the green light for the next beating then.

Civil Servants/Government Workers cannot lose their jobs in the precious kingdom.  The worst would be moved to something "inactive". 

You're insane,,,, maybe you should be thrashed similarly for not reading correctly,, It doesn't state he didn't DO his homework, it clearly states he was BEATEN for, "forgetting his homework",,, Either way, I tend to believe a child doesn't need to be BEATEN and BRUISED for either, "offense"

He's probably German mate, spanking etc is right up their street, I used to watch Euro Trash.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app