Forage Cutter In Thailand

How can help me.I want to buy a forage cutter for our Waterbuffalo farm in North East part of THAILAND.The most dealers in Thailand have only wood cutters.We would need this machine for cut corn and sugarcane stalks for feeding this forages to our Buffalos.Could buy this Cutter from all Towns in THA.

Waterbuffalofarm

How can help me.I want to buy a forage cutter for our Waterbuffalo farm in North East part of THAILAND.The most dealers in Thailand have only wood cutters.We would need this machine for cut corn and sugarcane stalks for feeding this forages to our Buffalos.Could buy this Cutter from all Towns in THA.

Waterbuffalofarm

I have an 8-inch forage cutter purchased from Rungnan Supachai in Kanchaburi (Tel: 034-612-200, 034-611-283, Fax: 034-612-200). The 8" model cost me 24,000 baht around 2 years ago (no motor). They also did much larger cutters (can't recall size) costing around 60,000 baht (without motor) at that time.

Here are some points to keep in mind when selecting a forage harvester.

1. The Thai made harvesters are fine for grass, but are not much good for cane or maize, as they sledom if ever have a kernel cracker on them.

2. The 2nd hand European made units in Thailand are mostly in bad condition, very old and almost certainly will not have a kernal cracker as farmers normally take them off before selling the harvester. They will almost certainly never have had the correct spare parts put on them, but Thai made parts. Sometimes these can be fine, but baldes and gears are often of poor quality.

3. You do not have to have a kernel cracker, but without it you will be loosing about 20% of your nutrient and energy value of maize and cane, as these crops shoul be crushed as well as cut for the animal to use them best.

4. Also remember that the length that cane stalks and maize needs to be cut for cattle to utilise the nutrient content is very different for both crops. So whatever harvester you choose, make sure you can add or subtract rows of baldes to change the length of the cut crop that comes out.

5. Also consider the power of your tractor, in particular if you are cutting cane. Your tractor has to both drive the harvester as well as drive its self. Below are some pictures of ideal forage harvesters for the average sized Thai Ford tractor of about 85hp-100hp. They are rear mounted and towed units, which is your best option for this power range. Forget a fronted mounted unit unless you have 20/250hp plus and are willing to spend 10's of thousands of dollars (e.g. the last harvester picture). The rest of the pictures are a sample of good quality 2nd hand units that can be found on the

www.agriaffaires.co.uk/

Go to the section on "Harvesting Equipment" and then select "Trailed Forage Harvester".

You will find a lot of them look rusty. In Thailand the Thais are great at making them look good, but that is not important, its the mechanics that are important. All you have to do is ask the seller on this website, if they say its fine and ready to work then you can generally rely on that.

Here you can find good reliable units from about $500 upwards. They are mostly in France, but dont let that put you off as to import one to Thailand will cost you around $200-300 plus about 5%-10% import duty.

Always ask if they have a corn or kernel cracker. This is really important if you are going to be harvesting maize and cane to feed as a forage.

Remember in terms of size you are restricted to about 3 rows max with 85hp-100hp. Do not get a bigger harvester unless you have a bigger tractor (about 25hp per maize or cane row).

The above is my opinion on the subject, but by all means buy one in Thailand if you wish.

For Tim

D.Valentine

Edited by pallasaide

Waterbuffalofarm

I have an 8-inch forage cutter purchased from Rungnan Supachai in Kanchaburi (Tel: 034-612-200, 034-611-283, Fax: 034-612-200). The 8" model cost me 24,000 baht around 2 years ago (no motor). They also did much larger cutters (can't recall size) costing around 60,000 baht (without motor) at that time.

Waterbuffalofarm, I received your PM. I had a look via Google Images but could find nothing similar to my forage cutter. Rungnan Supachai will happily fax you (to a Thai fax number anyway) a full description of their models (with photographs) should you contact them.

For the rear mount units do you drive the tractor backwards when using them?

Chownah

I think the picture shows the trailed forage harvester in the "transport position". After you get to the field you would swivel the harvester 180 degrees so it is facing forwards and then attach a trailer on the back of the tractor to collect the forage that is chucked out the back.

After the previous offerings :o I humbly submit the below machine. Runs off a 25 HP tractor, will go through earth humps, quartz rocks, grass, brush, old jumbo, any stem up to thumb-size and deposit the whole lot in a nifty trailer in the rear. 65,000 Baht (including trailer) and made locally in Muak Lek. In 2 years, maintainence has been 1 puncture and angle grinding the blades twice. We use it about 250 days per year. Best machine I've ever bought in Thailand.

post-25023-1168355654_thumb.jpg

Regards

I also have 1 the same as teletiger, from Muak Lek, ( use with the 35 hp Yanmar) run it almost 1 year with no problems, he built me another bigger unit for behind the Ford 6610 for using on corn, haven't used it enough to comment on it's reliability. He also built me a manure spreader that is getting heavy use right now.

Regards

First of all Thank you for everybody how give me his help.

But what I need is a machine "CUTTER" which is at home on the Farm area.

The corn stalks will cutted by Hand,transported by Pick up and there will the Animal food prepared.

Waterbuffalo

The machine I have already described meets your requirements exactly as per your request. Simply phone / fax the company I have already given to you!

Waterbuffalofarm

You may also wish to try and chase up an Indian company called DEP AGROMACHINES. They make a range of forage and crop processors, a picture of one is shown below and may be sutiable. They have an agent somewhere in Bangkok.

The unit can be driven by a small diesel engine and the addition of a pair of rollers to crush the cane stalks and corn cobs would be beneficial

post-39504-1168451878_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot to evereybody for answers.I found this photo in the Net.

May one of you know more to this Machine(cutter).This would be the type which one I need!

Waterbuffalo

Looks like a chipper. Anyway, below is an advert for a brand that is sold here in KPP. Phone number is at the bottom and they are located in Pathumthani. I have not seen or used this brand so cannot comment on it's quality. The 13hp model was around B30k.

rgds

Didn't Maizefarmer say that forage needs to be cut to the right size for cows to digest it efficiently?....if so then a chipper or shredder might not be the best thing but an actual chopper where the size of the pieces can be controlled is better.

Chownah

• 3 months later...