Who has been poisoning the dogs - 40 stray mutts die at Chumphon institute

webfact

3 hours ago, dieter1 said:

300.000  stray dogs in Bangkok

10% (would be 30.000) "...estimated  to be infected with rabies" (do not forget: nobodies knows,  which one is infected!!!)

10.000.000 (10 <<million) estimated living in Thailand

so 4 0f 40 dogs would be infected with rabbies :Good luck with that!

http://www.cmaj.ca/content/178/5/567.full.pdf

https://www.thethailandlife.com/soi-dogs-bangkok

just the result of of googling "thailand/Bangkok,rabies dogs"

someone living in Thailand and never been attacked by straydogs? Sorry, I do not believe that!

I do not  "hate" dogs. But these are serious facts.

I had to pay for the( expensive ) vaccination (been in hospital 4 times for doing this). Some dog lover willing to pay for my expenses ?

Many times hardly avoid accidents when being attacked by dogs

It's quite straightforward and inexpensive to have rabies jabs at an ordinary state hospital, they've had plenty of experience. 

I've had them twice post dog attack, once in Chonburi, once in Roi-Et.

I'm pretty sure it was only several hundred each time for a full course, certainly less than a thousand.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy going for walk and yes I do love animals but these soi dogs have left a very bitter taste in my mouth.  They do not seem to understand that we are hu man's.   They treat us as a threat moving into there territory. Why you ask ?  Because they are a pack of wild animals living amongst humans. This is not one bit funny to be bitten by a wild dog.  

Like all events, there are opposing sides. But no matter which side one is on, this is not the correct or humane way to reduce or eliminate the stray dog situation .

"Some were found writhing in agony with the pork balls still in their mouths".

Disgusting, inhumane !

Get rid of 7-11 dogs as well. How many children must die before anything serious is done. Try going for walk or ride a bicycle and all you animal lovers will very quickly change your mind, no I hope you get bitten and then require 16 rabbis shots.

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Like all events, there are opposing sides. But no matter which side one is on, this is not the correct or humane way to reduce or eliminate the stray dog situation .

"Some were found writhing in agony with the pork balls still in their mouths".

Disgusting, inhumane !

I hope your family and you get bitten by soi dogs and all of you requires rabbis shots: that will change your humane heart and your opinion in a hurry

1 minute ago, smew said:

Get rid of 7-11 dogs as well. How many children must die before anything serious is done. Try going for walk or ride a bicycle and all you animal lovers will very quickly change your mind, no I hope you get bitten and then require 16 rabbis shots.

Haha, I am a so called "animal lover" and I have been bitten on the hand by a Thai dog. But my position has not and will not change. "Blowing the heads off these dogs with a shotgun" or poisoning them is not the way to solve the problem. Strictly my opinion of course. You have your's. I have mine. 

My pup agrees with my opinion. 

IMG_0157.JPG

9 hours ago, thenewgoo said:

There are better ways to address the problem. 

Not in Thailand there aren't.  Do-gooders constantly repeat this little gem, knowing full well nobody's ever going to make the resources available to deal with the situation humanely.  So they just keep on repeating the same old self-righteous fairy tale.  Authorities of course do nothing and the animals remain a serious public menace, so it's inevitable that somebody somewhere will eventually take matters into their own hands to protect themselves, their families, perhaps even livestock.   The idea isn't really to torture but instead to simply euthanize the animals.  But what's available on the market to do that with painlessly?  Right.  Nothing.  So THIS is what ends up happening.  You want to know who's responsible?  Take a look in the mirror, friend.  The do-gooders who obstruct the necessary solution - which is essentially collection followed by humane euthanasia - are just as responsible for episodes like this as the person putting down the poison pork balls.

Consider the position of a homeowner concerned for his own safety and the safety of his family, perhaps including young children.  He knows that if he speaks out about the dogs, here he's only painting a target on his back should anything every happen to any of them.  He also knows the authorities will do absolutely nothing even if he does speak out, and not only will the dogs remain, but they'll procreate.   So here's the choice:  irresponsibility and continued risk to your family's safety, or quietly doing something yourself about the menace with the means at hand.

21 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

Not in Thailand there aren't.  Do-gooders constantly repeat this little gem, knowing full well nobody's ever going to make the resources available to deal with the situation humanely.  So they just keep on repeating the same old self-righteous fairy tale.  Authorities of course do nothing and the animals remain a serious public menace, so it's inevitable that somebody somewhere will eventually take matters into their own hands to protect themselves, their families, perhaps even livestock.   The idea isn't really to torture but instead to simply euthanize the animals.  But what's available on the market to do that with painlessly?  Right.  Nothing.  So THIS is what ends up happening.  You want to know who's responsible?  Take a look in the mirror, friend.  The do-gooders who obstruct the necessary solution - which is essentially collection followed by humane euthanasia - are just as responsible for episodes like this as the person putting down the poison pork balls.

Consider the position of a homeowner concerned for his own safety and the safety of his family, perhaps including young children.  He knows that if he speaks out about the dogs, here he's only painting a target on his back should anything every happen to any of them.  He also knows the authorities will do absolutely nothing even if he does speak out, and not only will the dogs remain, but they'll procreate.   So here's the choice:  irresponsibility and continued risk to your family's safety, or quietly doing something yourself about the menace with the means at hand.

Well said my friend I totally agree with you

4 minutes ago, Ridge said:

Burn the bastard who did it alive. Thanks.

These dogs are a pest. They are disease carriers,  Soi dogs need to be eradicated so the kids can play and the elderly can walk in their street safely.

Give the guy a medal and start his program in every village.

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

It's quite straightforward and inexpensive to have rabies jabs at an ordinary state hospital, they've had plenty of experience. 

I've had them twice post dog attack, once in Chonburi, once in Roi-Et.

I'm pretty sure it was only several hundred each time for a full course, certainly less than a thousand.

I am not surprised that they have had plenty of experience

Many people dont look at everything from a financial point of view, especially health issues and in this case the situation comes with lots of stress

Anyone gone for a walk along the beach road near Rayong. Near the village of Ban Phe  Well don't It is dangerous. Apart from the idiot Thai drivers you have a good chance of getting attacked by Packs of dogs Thailand says we welcome our visitors from overseas and we encourage them to come here but we wont mention that you cant walk along the beaches or roads because the bloody wild dogs will attack you.

If i had one wish to work again i would beg the government let me be the dog catcher in Thailand and pay me 20 Baht for every dog i pick up an put down. I could make enough in 2 months to retire again That is how many stray dogs there are in Thailand Lets face it you think most of the Thais really care if you pick up these stray mutts. They are looking out for the nearest Hammock where they can sleep in and not work.

3 minutes ago, taipan1949 said:

I am having a tough time sleeping because of dogs running around and barking all damn night in the small city I live in here in the Philippines. I would love to know what poison was being used.

It's rat poison ya beua in Thai but I see you're in the Philippines.

People smear a little on pork balls, chicken wings etc. The dog doesn't detect any odour and after a few minutes it's writhing on the ground and frothing at the mouth. Death soon follows.

It's a horrible way to die but uncontrolled dogs can make  life hell.

38 minutes ago, soistalker said:

I don't think students should be feeding Soi dogs. This encourages them to come around, and other stray dogs will come. People think they are being nice by feeding the dogs, but they are exacerbating the problem.

That is all the problem, feeding wild animal is view as a good action who will bring you luck. Same as feed the fish near temple, or free small fish (you bought before) in water surface that is so small and dirty that they will for sure have a painfull death in it...

while I think that killing soi dogs and any animal is disgusting, it never seems to amaze me as to the thinking of the Thai's after living among them for the last sixteen years i just can't figure them out, they profess to love animals yet during the heat season which is just ending they let their unnutered female dogs out to run the streets and get banged by every male dog on the street! than in the daytime they let the dog back in to sleep! afte six weeks they have a lot of pups and they just let them run! fend for themselves, get run over by cars who don't even stop, and they do it all over again every six months! to me this is hypocrisy at it's best! claim to care but do not manage.

13 hours ago, smew said:

Same should be done throughput Thailand get rid of the stray dogs. Last year 2 children died in bkk because of soi dogs. Do they know what poisons were used and availability in pattaya 

I'll invite you for dinner ... You 'll have some delicious pork balls ...

Edited by nobodysfriend

CHUMPHON: -- A professor has gone to the police after 40 dogs died from poisoning since the start of term at an educational institute in Chumphon in the south of Thailand. 

How many are/were there in total? Assuming that they have not all been killed, there could be a lot more roaming around outside.

Dr Niphat said that the animals were never allowed inside the institute's gate and that people and the dogs lived happily side by side.

That should read

"We don't have to live side by side with these animals as they are not allowed inside the institute's gate.

They are not any inconvenience to us, we can go home at the end of the day, so the only people that have any problems are the locals and we don't care about those peasants."

Teachers and students cared for the animals, he said, with food and vaccinations.

"We give them some scraps but it is probably not enough, so the hordes of dogs have to raid locals' houses and kill their chickens"

Professor, if you care so much about these animals, why don't you round them up and take them home to your house. See how happily you and your neighbours will live happily side by side with them!

I suspect that if the dogs just simply wagged their tails and were no threat to the locals or their children, nobody would feel it necessary to poison them.

28 minutes ago, steven100 said:

These dogs are a pest. They are disease carriers,  Soi dogs need to be eradicated so the kids can play and the elderly can walk in their street safely.

Give the guy a medal and start his program in every village.

People like you are a pest and should be sterilized ...