2017 Major League Baseball and Thai Memorial Ceremonies

JimP

Hello Major League Baseball fans

With the MLBs regular season and Thai schools terms coming to a close, all I can think about these days is how I am going to watch Major League Baseball post-season.  This usually is not an issue, as enough foreign bars have graciously opened early for the games.  However, the one-year memorial anniversary for the late King is on Friday, October 13th.  I've also been told there will be a four-day memorial ceremony starting the 26th of October.  This falls smack in the middle of the post-season.  So what is a red-blooded, American baseball fan to do?  With all due respect to the Thai ceremonial proceedings, and their emotional, cultural significance, should I find a neighboring country to enjoy this sporting event, or will businesses remain open?

FoxSports has MLB live games on every morning around 06:00 or 07:00 in the morning on True satellite and usually some replay and "Best of" show later in the day. Right now they usually only broadcast games from the eastern time zone ... so a lot of Yankees, Red Sox, Marlins, Nationals, Blue Jays, etc games, but last year I was able to watch playoffs and then THE CUBS :smile: win the World Series so I expect that will be true this year.

Earlier this year I tried Fox Play or the MLB.com in the hopes of getting Cubs games, can't remember which, and was told my internet connection was inadequate.

cubs.jpg.4ecbf68aaf4cd41dc3742e0ed0ddd28c.jpg

Edited by Suradit69

7 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

FoxSports has MLB live games on every morning around 06:00 or 07:00 in the morning on True satellite and usually some replay and "Best of" show later in the day. Right now they usually only broadcast games from the eastern time zone ... so a lot of Yankees, Red Sox, Marlins, Nationals, Blue Jays, etc games, but last year I was able to watch playoffs and then THE CUBS :smile: win the World Series so I expect that will be true this year.

Earlier this year I tried Fox Play or the MLB.com in the hopes of getting Cubs games, can't remember which, and was told my internet connection was inadequate.

cubs.jpg.4ecbf68aaf4cd41dc3742e0ed0ddd28c.jpg

Thank you for your post. I expect the only thing true this year will be the coverage. :)

6 hours ago, JimP said:

Thank you for your post. I expect the only thing true this year will be the coverage. :)

Hey, we won in 1907 and 1908, so I expect 2016 and 2017 to be historically consistent.

And then on to the Bears in the Superbowl.

The power of positive thinking ...

smiley.jpg.03522847b11e20b86c3ab0b17667f5d6.jpg

Cubs - mumble grumble, baah....

Faithful (painful) Giants here....Wake up to watch them play in the mornings or watch the archived games if played during the day there....

As said before the MLB app works well & doesn't miss a beat....Probably the best way to keep up with the games/teams as you can watch archived games if the game times are not convenient - you can FF through the blank commercial breaks & condense the game....

MLB.TV is the way to go. I noticed a week ago or so, when I logged in, that they had a $10.00 subscription price for the rest of the season. I just now looked and it's $24.99 as of this writing.

I also noted that on Fathers Day weekend, they ran a special SUPER CHEAP price of $10.99 or $15.99...something like that. But that's in June. Keep an eye out for it next year.

By the way, you don't need super fast internet to watch. IIRC, their recommended minimum speed is in the area of 1 Mpbs download. They have a test function on the site if you want to see if it will stream correctly.

As an aside, or slightly related topic, I'm trying to find a coupon or promo code that I can use for NFL.com. They want $199.99 for the 2017 subscription. I like NFL football, but not for $200.00.

Thanks for the comments and advice. I just signed up for MLB.tv and am in the driver's seat.  :) Good luck to all teams, but I am a loyal, life-long Cleveland Indians fan, and we may win out the rest of the season. ;)

Edited by JimP

Indians wining streak at 22 games.  AL record. Sadly it's over, but on to the playoffs.

Just a note for anybody else that may have an interest. MLB.TV is currently priced at $9.99 for the rest of the season. I saw it on login yesterday & still the same today.

Still looking for a promo code/discount for NFL Game Pass if anybody has one.

I like to listen to the NFL and MLB radio broadcast on the team radio network. All you have to do is go through the list to find a station that has not blocked streaming outside the US. For instance:

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/cle/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

16 hours ago, JLCrab said:

I like to listen to the NFL and MLB radio broadcast on the team radio network. All you have to do is go through the list to find a station that has not blocked streaming outside the US. For instance:

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/cle/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

Thank you!  As teams move out of their local TV channels and into FOX or ESPN, where the banter is inane, it's nice to listen to the hometown radio broadcast while watching the games.  This is a game save if it works. Thanks.

With MLB.tV you ca do just that. You select the game & once it loads, you can select "Change Feed." There you can select the radio play by play for either team. Radio announcers are usually much better than the TV twits. When I was younger, we would watch the Braves games on WTBS (Ted Turners station) and simply turn down the volume, then crank up the radio on WSB, I believe it was.

I love listening to Bob Ucker. I watch the Brewers games  & change the feed to WTMJ & Uck & some other guy do the radio play by play. Great way to watch a game.

Not to mention MLB.TV is reduced to $3.99 for the rest of the season. That's about the 7-11 price for 2 large Leo or Chang beers.

• 4 weeks later...

Weird game....Glad to see Dusty gone = dumbest post season manager ever & an abrasive sh!t....

Hoping they blow out the dodgers ......

Coin toss after that...But if the Stros are in I'll cheer them on....Especially if the dodgers advance....