Settlement visa, changing travel date.

Hi all,

Just made the visa application (last week) all fees paid, and from Chiang Mai.

I have an issue with the travel date we put on the form, and I'm wondering if I can change it, and if so how. I understand that we have one month to enter the UK from the date given on the visa. We set the date as 1st of december, which is three months from now. I said that as I read that the visa would take about 2 1/2 months, but the visa office tells me that a decision is likely to be 3-4 months.

Can I get them to change it to start one month after the visa is granted and her passport returned?

Edited by ilgitano
clarity

As far as I am aware, now that the application has been submitted she can't change the date of travel. But I may be wrong, hopefully others will confirm or deny. But there are no published contact details for you to use to make such a request!

The visa application centre always give a worst case estimate of processing times anyway, and most settlement applications are processed within 60 working days.

The latest published figures for Thailand (decisions made in May) shows that they reached this target for 100% of applications, with 85% being made within 30 working days.

So I expect that your wife should get her decision by 1st December; 60 working days away.

If it is delayed after this, then, as you say, she has 1 month after it's issue to use it to enter the UK without having to pay to extend it.

Remember that once in the UK she will need to collect her biometric residence permit before her visa vignette expires or within 10 days of her arrival; whichever is the later.

On 12/09/2017 at 12:59 AM, theoldgit said:

You can ask for the visa vignette to be reissued if it doesn't fit in with your plans, you apply online, I haven't got the link to hand, but, as you would expect, there is a fee.

Any idea what the fee is? Under £100 would be worth considering.

9 minutes ago, ilgitano said:

Any idea what the fee is? Under £100 would be worth considering.

I can't find an actual fee for this, but believe it would come under a transfer of conditions; the fee for which is £189; though, as you know, fees in Thailand have to be paid in USD.

See this old post for more: