Tramp In Chaweng

My facts may not be spot on - but the bullet points are;

Been in Samui for at least 5 years.

4 years of which as a bum.

Very inteligent and afluent.

Ex concert piantist (confirmed)

Hails from one of the following; Greece, Turkey, Italy.

Possibly has a couple of brothers on the island (not confirmed)

Had a baby with a taxi driver.

Lost the plot on yabba/booze.

By all accounts, this is a chick who came here of sound mind, went a bit wild, burnt all her bridges and caned all her dough, then realy went into one with the pills/booze.

Sadly, if you catch her at the right time and have a conversation with her, you can guage she is educated and street smart. Something clicked, and she lost it. Simple as that realy.

If i had the dough/time, i sware i would try my best to sort her out. I feel for the girl.

It is a shame you are quite correct and really the authorites dont want to know.

You can bet she hasnt done a border bounce in a long time.

She has been around for some time and does or did have a brother or ex boyfriend on the island.

About a year or 18 months ago she was snatched from the streets hospitalised and cleaned up.

Month later she was as bad again.

Dont know what anyone can do to help.

Sad really

Come to mention it, i remember seeing her looking spruced up a couple years back. Then again, the last time i seen her was near fammly bungalows, crashed on a deck chair with a bikini top on, but no knickers. I'll get slated for saying this - but that was the hairiest beaver i have ever seen in my life. Sorry, but there you go.

Come to mention it, i remember seeing her looking spruced up a couple years back. Then again, the last time i seen her was near fammly bungalows, crashed on a deck chair with a bikini top on, but no knickers. I'll get slated for saying this - but that was the hairiest beaver i have ever seen in my life. Sorry, but there you go.

So who says there is no more wild life on Samui then ? :o

there was a girl like this in koh chang a few years back and as the last poster said quite a few men took advantage of her pathetic state too. i know of another girl from a very wealthy family who is very intelligent but is also losing the plot in much the same way here. i think there must be an underlying mental disorder or past trauma, sad they can't get help here.

From what i know when i was working in chaweng ( seeing her everyday) is that she is a Greek. She is also a piantist, supposly she is on a teaching visa for this.) Her husband was in fact Greek and they had a baby, but the temptation of the Thai Lady's got the better of him and he ran off with one and took the baby. There is someone who sends her money and she does have a place to stay a night or whenever she sleeps. I have spoken to her a few times when she is in a sober state and she is very intelligent. But she has mental promblems and likes to drink.

Although I have no intention of visitting Samui in the forseeable future, I am facinated by this story. If this individual is often drunk/drugged and sometimes forgets to put her knickers on, how can she be relatively well dressed too? She must have a home of some sort.

It is truly tragic how some people slip through the cracks. A country without a devoted 'social services' is a worry. Obviously she is not the most tragic story I have heard by any stretch of the imagination

Now I know where my old girl friend ended up., give her another bottle of Chang.

WOW, you must be a great guy, John1, looking down on others you know nothing about isn't a good thing, where I come from and NOT in my area of Samui either, here we look out for each other, something you could learn from IMHO!

SamuiJens - your absoloutley right.

Now I asume you are going to drive into Chaweng tonight, find this girl and clean her up a little, educate her on the perils of yabba, send her to Nino's detox camp in Nathon and on her return ensure she finds suitable employment within 'your community.'

After all, on our island we look after each other, right SJ?

:o:D:D cheers

SamuiJens - your absoloutley right.

Now I asume you are going to drive into Chaweng tonight, find this girl and clean her up a little, educate her on the perils of yabba, send her to Nino's detox camp in Nathon and on her return ensure she finds suitable employment within 'your community.'

After all, on our island we look after each other, right SJ?

It's a big Island, and I was talking about people in my area of Samui, that I have learned to know, and at least I don't go putting sad people down, not even you.

If all people just gave up on others, we'd be worse off! At least I try.

SJ - i agree with you. However, John 1 merely made a very small unofensive joke in a forum that the lady in question almost certainly does not read.

"If all people just gave up on others, we'd be worse off! At least I try."

Well, yes. Thats the whole point in this thread. The OP recieved replies by and large of a sympathetic nature, until you jumped in as defender of the island. Take a chill pill, my friend. I feel for the gal also, as i already stated, but a little harmless banter should be left alone.

I remember this one, surprised shes still around. Must have been 6 months ago last I seen her, she was hallucinating with a beer bottle in the middle of the road. The drop kick she did with the bottle even Johnny Wilkinson would have been proud of !

The authorities probably have a reason for ignoring her. Maybe they want her to stick around so theres something for the randy fisherman to have a bash at when they swim to shore. Would likely go unknown and not make the news :o

I remember this one, surprised shes still around. Must have been 6 months ago last I seen her, she was hallucinating with a beer bottle in the middle of the road. The drop kick she did with the bottle even Johnny Wilkinson would have been proud of !

The authorities probably have a reason for ignoring her. Maybe they want her to stick around so theres something for the randy fisherman to have a bash at when they swim to shore. Would likely go unknown and not make the news :o

Taxin I think that remark is way off being nice mate.Whatever took place before was a tragedy, no need to make jokes about it.

I agree, extremely poor taste and completely lacking in any kind of empathy for other human beings.

Can only agree with you there, people that make jokes about the unfortunate person is usually not the kind of people that likes his own life that much, having to prove there are others worse off.

Jesus, Taxin - thats a tad on the strong side of things isnt it?

The Thai girl that Japhro mentions was an ex freelance bar girl from a few years back. She was one of the best looking women on the Island at the time. She picked up a death sentance by way of HIV and also lost the plot on booze and pills. You would see her going from bar to bar begging for free drinks, fags and loose change. I dont live on the isalnd right now but either way i didnt see her for a year or two before I left, so not sure what the outcome was.

You rarely see anyone on Samui that has lost the plot big time. Considering how busy the place is, and how nightlife orientated Chaweng is, having just one ferang that has lost the plot is not too bad a statistic, when you think of the sheer amount of ferangs that come here with hardly any money.

:D It always strikes me as strange that most of these celebrity down on their luck types are usually intelligent people with a background in teaching/Pianist or other such professions in life.. It would seem they hail from some privilaged lifestyle only to end up like this ???..If Genuine Mental Illness is to blame then i am truly sorry for people like this but if its someone who went excessive on Yabba and Alcohol for no better reason than they blew all there chances in life and are now paying the price for their Tantrum then i have little regard for the CHOICE,s they made in life and all i can see is a life wasted that somebody somehwere would of been better deserving off :o ..Having said that i hope this Lady can someday get her act together and get back on track.

:D It always strikes me as strange that most of these celebrity down on their luck types are usually intelligent people with a background in teaching/Pianist or other such professions in life.. It would seem they hail from some privilaged lifestyle only to end up like this ???..If Genuine Mental Illness is to blame then i am truly sorry for people like this but if its someone who went excessive on Yabba and Alcohol for no better reason than they blew all there chances in life and are now paying the price for their Tantrum then i have little regard for the CHOICE,s they made in life and all i can see is a life wasted that somebody somehwere would of been better deserving off :D ..Having said that i hope this Lady can someday get her act together and get back on track.

:D:D:o I wonder if you feel the same if it was your sister or your own doughter???

It amazing how many of the posts here are sorry for her condition yet can not avoid some "dirty remarks". the last one about the fishermens and the one above are realy sad. :bah: what a sad cunch we are to have on this forum such remarks.

does any one know here name? her true name? or is the "Tramp from chaweng" the best that this forum can do???!!!!

have we no shame??? this is a human in distress!!!

In some of the posts people have said that they are aware that she was a Pianist and is very inteligent. Some posts even remarked that they spoke with her an know some information about her.

has any of the people who spoke with her tried to get her family name and contact her Embassy in Thailand or try and locate her family??

For God sakes can we not use this forum to help a poor woman that is definatly hit rock bottom?? can we not use the combined efforts of all the forum members to try and do something good for this woman??

If any one has any details about her true identity please post it so her family can be located and advised of her situation.

or advise her embessy. I am sue that with the aid of the internet we can find her family and advise them.

Please assist in helping this woman..