Great Brunch/Diner place

sfokevin

Living here for several years I never came across this place until a Thai freind of my partners invited us For lunch here - The Organic Coffee Bus.. it’s a huge place out past MeeChok... their specialty is salads but they have a huge menu of salads, pastas, sandwiches and ribs and grilled fish. They grow all the salad stuff on site behind the restaurant. Their menu is easy to read with pictures of everything... the place is quite busy but they have a very large attentive staff... we went back for diner (see pic)... prawn salad with wasabi dressing and half rack of baby back ribs... 

Here is is a google map link:  https://goo.gl/maps/Aa6sAFeUne12

17D05B9F-5195-4DB0-8427-BE8764322AF5.jpeg

771B1F5F-E02A-4CAD-8919-E14E7C94BA94.jpeg

0C328580-BEFE-431B-A814-38CD89E37A4D.jpeg

9AA74EB5-C1EE-4F53-8190-D357956CA31F.jpeg

8F77B344-32BB-4FF6-81BB-D2F2E4C3A91D.jpeg

51294AEA-C68B-40C3-A4F7-0C21728DA738.jpeg

DEE8DF01-CA56-49D6-BE90-834866D4CE3C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Nice setting, very average food.OK if you are salad freak.

That was my impression too. The salad was good but the bits ordered with it definitely average. They have created an "ambiance" which normally draws in a large sector of clientele but for me the food isn't up to it.

Another place I tried recently which seemed to get rave reviews was the pizza/Italian place on the second floor of old house on Tapae Rd. Don't remember the name though.

Another great ambiance but food really disappointing. (OK just checked map and it must be "Street Pizza")

It looks like it must collect the "Trip Advisor et al crowd" . that would be my guess.

They could all do themselves a favour and go off to Stefano's where the food is way better.

24 minutes ago, cmsally said:

That was my impression too. The salad was good but the bits ordered with it definitely average. They have created an "ambiance" which normally draws in a large sector of clientele but for me the food isn't up to it.

Another place I tried recently which seemed to get rave reviews was the pizza/Italian place on the second floor of old house on Tapae Rd. Don't remember the name though.

Another great ambiance but food really disappointing. (OK just checked map and it must be "Street Pizza")

It looks like it must collect the "Trip Advisor et al crowd" . that would be my guess.

They could all do themselves a favour and go off to Stefano's where the food is way better.

Or to Casa Antonio or Georgio's where it is even better.

16 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Or to Casa Antonio or Georgio's where it is even better.

Are they the same place ? or same owners ?

They both come up together on a search with both names together.

Always meant to try the one on Changklan. Thanks will now give it a go.

Also there is an Italian on Rachadamnoen near Tapae Gate, never tried it, any thoughts?

Two places, one owner, similar but not 100% the same menues.  I do not think you will be disappointed.  Georgio is on Changklan or the little fork off it and Casa Antonio is about 50 meters in the first soi on the left after the Empress Hotel on Chanklan, the soi that runs along the south side of  the hotel parking lot.

Don't know the place you mention on Rachadamnoen unless it is up a long block from Thapae Gate, (next to WaWii Coffee?) that one was/is? same owner as Sefano's.