Missing forestry official found dead at the foot of a hill in Chiang Mai

rooster59

Missing forestry official found dead at the foot of a hill in Chiang Mai

forest1.jpg

A forestry official who went missing while on a foot survey of forest area in Samoeng district of Chiang Mai two days ago was found dead yesterday (Sept 15).

Phetphanom Sombatmai, a forestry officer of Samoeng Wildlife Sanctuary, went missing while surveying forest area in Ban Jum village in Samoeng district on Sept 14.

He was one of the three-men unit assigned to survey the area.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/missing-forestry-official-found-dead-foot-hill-chiang-mai/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-17

1 hour ago, smew said:

Unbelievable lack of sympathy for relationship and family,  body on the ground and they are handing over an cash envelope or a cheque to   whom I assume to be the guys wife and posing for a picture.....

It is THEIR custom to hand over 'help' when someone dies,died. I know it sounds cruel but Thai DO respect ANY contribution in that situation......it is THEIR country!

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

I guess it´s time to let people walk in pairs. That will eliminate the cancer of quickly filing everything under suicide in this country.
However, this might be the right conclusion but it might be a good idea for the future.

He was one of the three-men unit assigned to survey the area.

Where were the other two?

4 hours ago, smew said:

Unbelievable lack of sympathy for relationship and family,  body on the ground and they are handing over an cash envelope or a cheque to   whom I assume to be the guys wife and posing for a picture.....

and.....what do YOU expect they should do? Please explain.