Anyone know what happened to Beer Republic in Nimman?

roro1990

On my last few visits to CM, I've enjoyed going to Beer Republic in Nimman for a pint of proper beer. The place was expensive, but it was always busy when I was there. Was in the Nimman area recently and was disappointed to see it had closed down and been replaced by what I think looked like a smoothie bar. Anyone know what happened to it? 

I was led to understand that the owners of El Patio also own / owneded Beer Republic. But the owner(s) haven't been around recently, so maybe Beer Republic has been sold and is now under different ownership?

El Patio (maybe because of their high prices for alcohol and reputation for highly-priced poor food) seem to be struggling for customers and there's no live music on Fridays and Saturday evenings from The Bluesman's excellent band.

Regards,

Joe

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 11:56 PM, naboo said:

Namton's house bar happened. 

First nail in Nimblehymen's coffin?

Namton's house has a sign above the bar saying 'my bar, my rules', those 'rules' include denying customers a lump of ice in their cider because that's what ordinary people do to Leo and he doesn't want his oh so precious little place dragged down to the level of Leo drinkers. Run by the errant son of Hi-So, drinking away daddy's fortune.  Great to hear that Beer Republic has re-opened, much more fun in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, millwall_fan said:

Namton's house has a sign above the bar saying 'my bar, my rules', those 'rules' include denying customers a lump of ice in their cider because that's what ordinary people do to Leo and he doesn't want his oh so precious little place dragged down to the level of Leo drinkers. Run by the errant son of Hi-So, drinking away daddy's fortune.  Great to hear that Beer Republic has re-opened, much more fun in my opinion. 

So the underclass only put ice in Leo?  More like any place, where its not served properly, which is most.